Prospect Info: All-Purpose 2024 Draft Thread & Celebrini discussion (also the 14th pick and whatever else is draft related)

Who should the Sharks draft #1?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
As promised we're gonna streamline things a big by consolidating the 3+ major threads dedicated to Celebrini and the draft into one thread to take us up to the point when we can have a proper GDT on Draft Day.

So this thread is now the home for all talk about Celebrini, the 2024 draft in general, what to do with the 14th pick from the Pens, what to do with later picks, and whatever else you want as long as it's draft related.

The previous threads:

Draft Lottery GDT: GDT: - 2024 NHL Sharks Lottery Draft (update: We won! Sharks will pick 1st for the first time ever!)

Previous 2024 Draft Discussion: 2024 NHL Draft: WE DID IT, CELEBRINI IS OURS!!!

14th pick from the Pens Discussion: Preferred Outcome for the Pens Pick

Jul 10, 2010
while i like Jiricek, the last time we got a D who dropped due to knee issues early never made it.

I think i want to trade up for Yakemchuk (or a different D) or down a few spots for Parascak

Reactions: OversKy

Hatrick Marleau

Just Win The Game
May 16, 2012
If we do trade up from 14 it seems Montreal (5), Ottawa (7), New Jersey (10), and Buffalo (11) would be possible trade down options.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
If we do trade up from 14 it seems Montreal (5), Ottawa (7), New Jersey (10), and Buffalo (11) would be possible trade down options.

Not sure if New Jersey does it but package 42 with 14 and it probably guarantees us one of Dickinson, Buium, or Silayev at 10. Buffalo at 11 and you can add Yakemchuk to that list.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
If it were around 7-10 instead of 14, I'd see a potential deal as a fan of both sides. Not sure the Sharks have the expendable assets to move 14 to 5.

Guys like Bystedt won't be valued highly by the Habs and would be more highly valued to the Habs. Muk doesn't make sense for either side.

I just don't see a realistic trade.

StrawHatEklund

Apr 16, 2024
San Jose
So is the consensus here mostly to trade up to the 10-11th pick if the top 5-6 defenseman start drying up? I’m going to be at the tank more focused on what’s going on at 9-12 than all the Celebrini festivities.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Sendhelplease

Dec 21, 2020
while i like Jiricek, the last time we got a D who dropped due to knee issues early never made it.

I think i want to trade up for Yakemchuk (or a different D) or down a few spots for Parascak
How bad is the Jiricek knee injury? I am weary of drafting a 17/18 year old with an injury history with a first round pick. Being injured at that age can mean they are likely going to continue to suffer from the issue later on in the career and means they are missing out on playing games during a crucial time in their development as a hockey player. Alternatively, it could mean that we get a prospect who would otherwise be unavailable at that point in the draft. I still don't think we should trade up from 14, just let the draft come to us and take whichever of the players in the 7-15 tier/range is left.

Grinner

May 31, 2022
So is the consensus here mostly to trade up to the 10-11th pick if the top 5-6 defenseman start drying up? I’m going to be at the tank more focused on what’s going on at 9-12 than all the Celebrini festivities.
No it isn't.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Depends on the price and who is left on the board I’d guess. The thought of getting a potential top pairing D in this draft along with Celebrini is just so damn tempting imo.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Just no reason not to package the 14th + 42nd / 33rd to go from a busted Jiricek to Dickinson / Yakemchuk if the target is a d man. Doubt Buium slides outta the top 8 but if he's there at like 9th? Hope MG does something about it. Pretty real possibility a solid project falls a couple picks to 14th, that pick is right on the cusp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad