Post-Game Talk: 1/7/18 | Canucks 2 at Habs 5 | Oh yeah, there's a game today edition.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
My god Montreal is dreadful... and we lost to them? What a crappy game, glad I PVR'd it...

I can't imagine where this team would be without "The Flow". It is so dreadful and terribly constructed, and terribly coached. Most of the pieces just don't fit.

Reactions: Diogenes92

Diogenes92

Dec 13, 2014
North Vancouver
Except we have managed to have less pts at this point in the year with Green, than we did with Willie. Kind of funny. If Benning is fired, I hope it means a cleaning out of everyone in the process.

We had Miller last year, which made a huge difference in points gained. Marky and Nilsson have been way too inconsistent.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Back to backs are always a little ugly but what a group of absolute sleepwalkers we have.

Eriksson can't outskate anyone, outwork anyone or beat a defender 1 on 1. Just an absolute anchor at 6 million who should be sat. i wonder if he breaks a sweat some nights.....it's disgusting
Granlund has been the same on most nights.
Dowd Gaunce Chaput are not decent NHL regulars currently.
The Sedin's are 37. Sure they can cleverly pass the puck around but they rarely finish are poor on the PP and get beat defensively way too often
Vanek Gagner are deplorable defensive players with skill who need to be heavily sheltered. That is not gonna happen with this group.
Virtanen you never know what your getting

Horvat Baertschi and Boeser are the only 200ft players i feel like can outplay their opponents most nights and 2 of them have been gone for 10plus games.

It's a mess.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Back to backs are always a little ugly but what a group of absolute sleepwalkers we have.

Eriksson can't outskate anyone, outwork anyone or beat a defender 1 on 1. Just an absolute anchor at 6 million who should be sat. i wonder if he breaks a sweat some nights.....it's disgusting

He doesn't.

Ever see those Krusty the Clown poof balls of hair shooting out of his helmet at the end of a game?

Still poofy, still dry.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
We had Miller last year, which made a huge difference in points gained. Marky and Nilsson have been way too inconsistent.
When Miller played the Canucks was on the equivalent of 63 points/82 games (31-32 point pace at 41 games). That is actually worse than what we are seeing now.

Reactions: timw33

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
When Miller played the Canucks was on the equivalent of 63 points/82 games (31-32 point pace at 41 games). That is actually worse than what we are seeing now.
Miller gave them a chance to win most nights
These 2 clowns are leaking back breakers almost every game.

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
No way can we be angry at Green for this compared to Willie. At least Green can f***ing line match lines, Willie couldn't do jack shit for coaching. Couldn't line match, constantly played shitty players as favourites... ffs he even gave up the last change in the playoffs against the Flames on home ice. Inexcusable.

This year we are injured, Sedins are old as f*** and slow as f***, and our defense still sucks.

I'm all for criticism for where its due, but Green is YEARS ahead of Willie's ability to coach an actual f***ing hockey team

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
No way can we be angry at Green for this compared to Willie. At least Green can ****ing line match lines, Willie couldn't do jack **** for coaching. Couldn't line match, constantly played ****ty players as favourites... ffs he even gave up the last change in the playoffs against the Flames on home ice. Inexcusable.

This year we are injured, Sedins are old as **** and slow as ****, and our defense still sucks.

I'm all for criticism for where its due, but Green is YEARS ahead of Willie's ability to coach an actual ****ing hockey team

Sure.

On the other hand, from the Provies:

What does the coach want from you?

Goldy: “Work harder. Cause I’m young, I have to work twice as hard.”

How do you feel in the NHL, especially the games you play 10 minutes?

Goldy: “It is hard because you can have a big break in-between shifts. You can play four minutes in the first period and then one minute in the second. That is tough.

This is basically Tryamkin redux. It will be fun when he leaves too because he's tired of needing to work ten times harder than loui eriksson to avoid the press box.

Reactions: dim jim

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Hardly. Markstrom has allowed 4+ GA in 25% of his starts this season. Miller allowed 4+ GA in a whopping 37% of his starts last season. I have no idea where this notion of Miller being Mr. Consistency has come from.
Watching the games.
More bad goals and bad rebounds already than all of last year from Miller. I'm suprised you say this?? these guys have been complete wildcards game to game

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Watching the games.
More bad goals and bad rebounds already than all of last year from Miller. I'm suprised you say this?? these guys have been complete wildcards game to game

Who cares if the goal is good or bad. They count the same in the end. Markstrom pretty much the most consistent goalie you will ever see. Never gets a shutout but never gets chased. Miller was the one who would bounce from shutout to chased after ten minutes game to game.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Who cares if the goal is good or bad. They count the same in the end. Markstrom pretty much the most consistent goalie you will ever see. Never gets a shutout but never gets chased. Miller was the one who would bounce from shutout to chased after ten minutes game to game.
giving up weak goals is his mo

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
.911. 916 .914 vs .907 as a starter for Markstrom? Nilsson is worse.

The only thing i see is some better athleticism. The amount of rebounds and almost botched shaky saves is off the charts for the 2 Swedies as well.

Miller was better than this gong show......just my opinion.

Dominik Hasek couldnt help this group of missfit players the last month so it doesn't really matter right now. Markstrom still has time to turn it around

Reactions: Nomobo

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
.911. 916 .914 vs .907 as a starter for Markstrom? Nilsson is worse.

The only thing i see is some better athleticism. The amount of rebounds and almost botched shaky saves is off the charts for the 2 Swedies as well.

Miller was better than this gong show......just my opinion.

Dominik Hasek couldnt help this group of missfit players the last month so it doesn't really matter right now. Markstrom still has time to turn it around

If he's better it's pretty marginal and as you say wouldn't make much of a difference these days. Markstrom tends to let in one stinker per game whereas Miller would allow all of his stinkers in the same game and then get a shutout in the next game.

All things considered the inconsistent goalie is probably better and I get the frustration but it's not really worth griping about.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
This lineup was not a strong one even before we had a comically awful run of injuries. Green isn't the problem, and while there may be guys out there I'd rather see as coach of this team, Green (and most people, for that matter) is a massive upgrade on Desjardins. 1-2-3-4, Tryamkin, Megna/Chaput, Sutter on the top PP, repeatedly pulling the goalie when his team didn't have possession of the puck...Desjardins was a bloody awful NHL coach.

Reactions: geebaan

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016
boeser point

we lose in comical fashion

pretty ideal

our team is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
This lineup was not a strong one even before we had a comically awful run of injuries. Green isn't the problem, and while there may be guys out there I'd rather see as coach of this team, Green (and most people, for that matter) is a massive upgrade on Desjardins. 1-2-3-4, Tryamkin, Megna/Chaput, Sutter on the top PP, repeatedly pulling the goalie when his team didn't have possession of the puck...Desjardins was a bloody awful NHL coach.

I pretty much agree but.

Goldobin is being treated much like tryamkin. Nic Dowd is the new Megna. And literally in this very game he pulled Nilsson basically when Montreal had the puck and they scored a picosecond later.

I don't think we hated Willie that much halfway through his first season. As green goes on, he is showing a lot of the same annoying tendencies... He does deploy his players better though. I have little doubt we could have beaten Calgary with green.

Reactions: PG Canuck

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Watching the games.
And Miller was spectacular at times, let less bad goals in but must therefore have Miller failed at more routine stops. This D even worse than last years if possible which isn't helping.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Markstrom is bad I mean are people really denying this?

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Markstrom is bad I mean are people really denying this?
Not really, he's playing like a backup. The problem is people are just romanticising over Miller, how things would be much better with him. How much better you ask? 54 starts for 18 wins.

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
Nillson was actually pretty good tonight! Impressed. What wasn't good was how many times we coughed up the puck. It was incredibly excessive. You get a real sense of how excessive it was when you watch the 9 minute highlight package, and note that pretty much every Habs chance to score came because the Canucks handed it to them, and they had a great many chances to score. Should have been more like 9 to 2, but luckily our goalie was playing great.

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
Seriously does Eriksson do anything?

He makes $6 million

How is this possible

He does nothing

He bobbles passes

He needs to be arrested his contract is gonna cripple this team for so long and will only get worse

He doesnt do ANYTHING :rant:

:rant: :rant:

:rant:
:rant:
If Eriksson was a UFA at the end of the season it's very possible he'd be looking at a 1yr 1.5 deal or heading to Sweden. Fortunately for us, supreme leader Benning has an odd sense of humor.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
I pretty much agree but.

Goldobin is being treated much like tryamkin. Nic Dowd is the new Megna. And literally in this very game he pulled Nilsson basically when Montreal had the puck and they scored a picosecond later.

I don't think we hated Willie that much halfway through his first season. As green goes on, he is showing a lot of the same annoying tendencies... He does deploy his players better though. I have little doubt we could have beaten Calgary with green.

For me the worst thing still has to be f***ing Eriksson. How does that invisible stiff get 19.51 of ice time??

He musters 1 shot on goal, hasn’t scored in 16 games and gets PP time.

This is a team that has finished 28 th and 29th, now has one regulation win in 14 games. WTF do you have to lose by giving Virtanen and Goldobin some real ice time?

Eriksson, Granlund, Gaunce should be taking turns in the press box.

Reactions: sting101

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad