GDT: 1/29/15 "The Not Quite All Star Game" - Blue Jackets VS Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Against Columbus on a Thursday night and in a losing streak. Plus wasn't there some traffic issues for people leaving after the Detroit game. Speaking of which, what was the attendance for the Detroit game?

Seemed like it was pretty good on tv. I'd say Club Red was at least 60% full, and the rest of the arena was around 75% (at least in the lower bowl.)

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
-Gudbranson made a couple glaring errors in the 1st, but made up for it when it mattered with that strong check on Johansen at the end

-Barkov keeps finding ways to affect the scoreheet, love it

-Huberdeau finally dangles a defender at the NHL level

-Lu is the backbone

-Ekblad. His importance to this team is ridiculous at this point. Nearly as important as Lu

-Petrovic played fine, didn't have any fatal mistakes, so that's alright

We almost had two highlight reel goals in that game. The Ek breakaway chance. All he had to do was slow himself a little and lift the puck high at the point where he was a foot away from the goaltender. Huberdeau dangles through a defender, but the Jackets got back in time to block his pass over to Thornton. Both were close calls.
He's done that a few times.

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
saw some dude at the arena wearing this jersey last night and thought it was sick. Why cant these be our thirds?

thumb.aspx

Because they're awful?

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
You mean the goal where Barkov fell down in the corner and lead to Columbus having a quick numbers advantage down low with the puck. Nothing Petro could do, nothing anyone could do.

It was his guy, so yes. If it was Olsen there would have been 3 pages on it. Were you impressed with how he played? That play, missed his guy another time, and is slow as molasses.

They need an upgrade.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
It was his guy, so yes. If it was Olsen there would have been 3 pages on it. Were you impressed with how he played? That play, missed his guy another time, and is slow as molasses.

They need an upgrade.
No. I didn't see any of this. Barkov fell in the corner, like I said, which in a split second put Petro in between the man with the puck and the man in front of the net. Bobby Orr couldn't do anything about that.
(I was never an Olsen hater by the way, don't lump me into that.)

He played fine.

Last edited:

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Im still not crazy about how we are playing at all. Felt like we were chasing the puck all night again.

I think we are a very slow team. God I would love to add some foot speed next year with trocheck, grimaldi, howden in/out on the lineup.

I wouldnt say we are very slow, but we are a slow team. I scratch my head when I listen to the oppositions broadcast call us a fast team. Our weakness seems to be teams that are faster than us. I think we will see that change as the teams youth begins to take the older, slower, veteran spots up, and maybe with some help in free agency and/or trades.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
I wouldnt say we are very slow, but we are a slow team. I scratch my head when I listen to the oppositions broadcast call us a fast team. Our weakness seems to be teams that are faster than us. I think we will see that change as the teams youth begins to take the older, slower, veteran spots up, and maybe with some help in free agency and/or trades.

I see no reason why Howden and Trocheck won't be on the NHL roster next year (unless they're involved a trade for a scoring winger). Grimaldi has a shot, too. That's speed on every line except Huberdeau-Barkov-Boyes, but they're more possession based anyway. Howden on the 4th/pk, Trocheck on the 2nd/3rd and possibly powerplay, Grimaldi would probably have a similar role to Trocheck if he makes it.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida

Yeah Rocco and Howden should help with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad