GDT: 1/25/13 - 7:30PM EDT - Ottawa VS Tampa Bay

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Canucks fans were right after all when they said Salo is a beast when he's healthy. I was impressed with his play in his first three games but last night was downright god mode.

As for Lee: I really thought he played well for us last season. Either our defense was so bad it made him look good or he was in fact better than he is now. Or both.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Lee hasn't looked good but I wouldn't call him a complete disaster just yet. He's currently the only minus player we have but a couple of goals can't be blamed on him. The penalties need to stop though. I don't think him snd Aulie should be a pair as they both are too aggressive and leave the other in bad position. MAB played less than 6 minutes and most wss in first when we had 4 PP, I'd take Lee who can play in all situations over him. If Mikkelson was a righty im sure he'd be getting more opportunities but it's hard to roll 5/6 L and 1 R.
Some other players need to step up too, Purcell hasn't done anything since the opener, Pouliet has been quite, 3/4 liners have had lots of energy but besides Pyatt haven't given any secondary scoring which is a problem.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Lee hasn't looked good but I wouldn't call him a complete disaster just yet. He's currently the only minus player we have but a couple of goals can't be blamed on him. The penalties need to stop though. I don't think him snd Aulie should be a pair as they both are too aggressive and leave the other in bad position. MAB played less than 6 minutes and most wss in first when we had 4 PP, I'd take Lee who can play in all situations over him. If Mikkelson was a righty im sure he'd be getting more opportunities but it's hard to roll 5/6 L and 1 R.
Some other players need to step up too, Purcell hasn't done anything since the opener, Pouliet has been quite, 3/4 liners have had lots of energy but besides Pyatt haven't given any secondary scoring which is a problem.

Yes, quite.

I noticed BP got some time with the top six though.

CC321

Jun 23, 2012
If Mikkelson was a righty im sure he'd be getting more opportunities but it's hard to roll 5/6 L and 1 R.

Gudas is a RHD. The Bolts are enjoying having so much depth on D, but frankly we are risking giving away points and maybe a playoff berth because of how badly Lee is playing right now. I suspect Lee was playing for a contract extension last year, he got one, now he has gone back to being himself. We have 10-11 NHL caliber D, more than enough to cover injuries. Trade Lee for a pick or waive him and let Cooper try to screw his head on straight. Call up Gudas.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
If the lack of RHD are a problem, you know who might be available for the right price?

GhpVt9c.jpg

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Anders played okay, and he's been REALLY strong in third periods, which is his major saving grace right now. Only the goal by Spezza can I really put on him, but holy **** was that a soft one to let in.

Lee must never play again.

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa
I like Boucher going back to Lindback. We are playing a struggling Flyers team that is plagued by injuries and are coming off a game the night before. This should be a good chance for Anders to gain his form.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I'm fine with Anders out there, just like I'm when Garon is playing, it feels good to be confident in our goalies for once.

I can't believe I'm going to say this but... I prefer Norris winner MAB before Lee. (and of course Mikkelson before those two).

Glad we finally won Ottawa

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
I posted on the trade boards, but was wondering... what would you guys think about moving Purcell? I know Malone is the most likely guy to be moved, but I feel that we would lose some top 6 grit and a more versatile player, while Purcell seems to have a skillset that is more easily replaceable in our system, while probably giving a better return.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
great game

Maybe it's just me... I see Purcell as a floater a lot, and think we should sell while he still has real value. Then again, while I like Teddy, I've never been his biggest fan.

You edited... but yeah.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Missed this game last night, I was pretty disappointed.

Luckily, I don't have to watch the games. All I need to do is look at our whopping +7 goal differential to know that we're a contending team using HFBoards logic. Am I doing it right?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I posted on the trade boards, but was wondering... what would you guys think about moving Purcell? I know Malone is the most likely guy to be moved, but I feel that we would lose some top 6 grit and a more versatile player, while Purcell seems to have a skillset that is more easily replaceable in our system, while probably giving a better return.

For what? We need a top 4 RHD but I don't see Purcell fetching that. I also don't know who'll replace him in top 6, Connolly and Killorn are becoming better places in the A and should stay all season. We really don't have a true weakness right now, we need our goaltending and secondary scoring to improve but that's it so far.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
For what? We need a top 4 RHD but I don't see Purcell fetching that. I also don't know who'll replace him in top 6, Connolly and Killorn are becoming better places in the A and should stay all season. We really don't have a true weakness right now, we need our goaltending and secondary scoring to improve but that's it so far.

The trade boards seem to think he could fetch a bit. I'm kind of surprised at his value according to some HFers, to be honest.

And you're right, we don't have any gaping holes to fill, but if one of our Top 4 go down, we'd be dressing Lee and/or Bergeron every night. Think about that for a second.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Maybe it's just me... I see Purcell as a floater a lot, and think we should sell while he still has real value. Then again, while I like Teddy, I've never been his biggest fan.

You edited... but yeah.

I think Purcell's production could be replaced after this season by Connolly, and I'd like to see a center prospect like Mark McNeill coming our way in exchange. We need some more size and grit for our third line and someone who can win face-offs, as it's been a weakness for us the past two seasons.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
I think Purcell's production could be replaced after this season by Connolly, and I'd like to see a center prospect like Mark McNeill coming our way in exchange. We need some more size and grit for our third line and someone who can win face-offs, as it's been a weakness for us the past two seasons.

Isn't that what Namestnikov is supposed to bring?

Here's an idea... Ryan O'Reilly?

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Lee already has 10 minor penalties in just 3 games this season. :amazed:

Gotta love how Aulie, Crombeen and Hall stood up for Lindback at the end of the game. This team doesn't take **** from anybody (anymore).

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Lee already has 10 minor penalties in just 3 games this season. :amazed:

Gotta love how Aulie, Crombeen and Hall stood up for Lindback at the end of the game. This team doesn't take **** from anybody (anymore).

God... Condra's face when he started punching Aulie and Aulie turned around on him... the dude was terrified. He wanted to take all 5 Sens on, and I think he would have won.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Isn't that what Namestnikov is supposed to bring?

Here's an idea... Ryan O'Reilly?

Namestnikov is not a bottom 6 guy, I see his long-term future as a winger or second line center once Vinny gets past 35. Namestnikov has a great skill set, but lacks the face-off ability, defensive responsibility and grit to be an effective third line player.

O'Reilly would be a fantastic acquisition, he's got great speed, the puck hound skills of Pyatt, is mature beyond his years, strong on faceoffs (52.8% success rate last year on 1443 draws taken) and is very astute defensively. Not sure if COL would trade away a key player for a player like Purcell though, we'd likely have to add quite a bit more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad