GDT: 1/25/13 - 7:30PM EDT - Ottawa VS Tampa Bay

CC321

Jun 23, 2012
Some of the rust is falling off, I saw some glimpses of the bright shiny metal machine.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
Lee had a decent 3rd period...a couple of blocked passes and a nice poke check. Not to say his first two periods were anything but bad, but there was improvement, and I'll give him credit...baby steps.

Salo looked strong again, and along with him, Aulie, and Conacher, there are some seriously pleasant surprises 4 games into this season!

Not the most beautiful win for the Lightning, but it was a full three period effort. 2nd period could have ended with a much bigger deficit and got away from us, but we kept it close for Bugsy (and Pyatt on the EN) to finish.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Takeaways from the game:

Stammer picked it up about midway through the second, when him and Marty stopped trying to be so damn fancy. Looked good out there after that.

Conacher: Wow

Hedmonster: Unleashed

Muhammad Aulie: Good defense, got some good shots through, and DO NOT **** WITH HIM!

Lee/Bergeron Pairing: I couldn't watch the TV

Fourth Line: Buzzing

Ottawa: Destroyed

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Speaking of Salo, how has he been for you guys?

Fantastic, in my opinion. Great defensive plays, was +5 tonight, if plus/minus can be any indication of individual performance. He is a smart player.

Hey guys, I can't find the info on google, so maybe you can help me out. Who is Hedman being paired with this season?

Salo for the most part.

Giroux tha Damaja

Apr 17, 2009
Mount Holly, NJ
Fantastic, in my opinion. Great defensive plays, was +5 tonight, if plus/minus can be any indication of individual performance. He is a smart player.

Salo for the most part.

Thanks! Who has Carle been playing with? The two of them together I think could be a pretty effective duo. Carle is most effective with a partner like Hedman. Salo can get dinged up a lot so maybe we'll get a chance to see it at some point.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Thanks! Who has Carle been playing with? The two of them together I think could be a pretty effective duo. Carle is most effective with a partner like Hedman. Salo can get dinged up a lot so maybe we'll get a chance to see it at some point.

Carle is with Brewer... very solid second pairing.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
https://twitter.com/erlendssonTBO
Sami Salo finished tonight as a plus-5, which ties a franchise record for highest plus/minus in a single game; done a handful of other times
Dan Boyle, Jan. 3, 2004 vs. Philly RT @xo_harleyy_xo: when was the last time it happened for a lightning defenseman?
Other #tblightning with plus-5 rating in a game; Cory Cross (2/28/98 vs. Wash) Kubina (11/22/2000 vs. Atl) @Luko37 (10/18/2002 vs. Atl)

Salo is 1st in the league with +8 and Hedman is tied for 2nd with +6. They make a great pair.

Last edited:

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
They really do. Hedman is looking much more confident in getting involved on the offensive side of the game, too.

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa
I really hope Salo can stay healthy. He really is a stud back there. So impressed with the guy.

On a side note. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have Bergeron and Lee serving popcorn on Sunday.. Tyrell and Mikkelson need to make their return.

Scottrockztheworld*

Glad Salo is playing well for you guys, hoping he can keep it up (which is hard for a man his age:sarcasm:) & stay injury free. Miss seeing that guy's slap shot on Van's PP already. :(

Whats with you guys taking Van dmen anyway? Salo, Ohlund... OBERG! :sarcasm:

All the best for the rest of the way:handclap:

Dave C

Aug 30, 2011
Nottingham, England
Just finished watching.

Great first period, we came out with a bang. Sloppy second. Lee again with a needless penalty resulting in a Sens 3rd goal. He improved in the 3rd though. Too many sloppy turnovers and breakaways again leaving Lindback vulnerable. Much tighter 3rd by all. I love Aulie and his no nonsense attitude. Conacher was quiet by his first 3 games standards. Incredible work for our 2nd (I think) goal. Salo was impressive again. Really intelligent player.

WeedCrimes

#Yzerteam
Feb 19, 2012
Gainesville, FL
I gotta say, I'm done with Lee. Is there any benefit to playing him anymore? Even if we run 7D, I can't see a reason (barring injury, god forbid) to play him over Aulie/Mikkelson/MAB at this point.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Lee is garbage. Play Mikkelsson and thats it. Lee has single handedly cost us about 6 goals against thus far. I dont know what happened to him but he is absolutely brutal right now.

Lindback still isnt impressing me. Im borderline worried again whenever there is any shot on net. His rebound control is still terrible and he seems way to sporadic for my liking. I just hope he grows into the role he has been given. The offense has bailed him out a few times now. Its not gonna be like that every time. Spezzas goal was terrible for him to let in. Not much he could do on the breakaway goal, the tic tac toe goale or the Hedman deflection goal though. Jury is still very much out but thus far is been just barely enough to get the job done and frankly he needs to be better.

Overall they played pretty well but I dont know what it is about second periods but they better figure it out quick. Its already cost them one game they should have easily won. Almost cost them tonight. Needs to be fixed ASAP.

PP needs tweaking also. Marty needs to shoot more. Everyone needs to shoot more for that matter. Although I will say zone entry was a bit better tonight.

Hopefully we get going and win on Sunday also.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
I think Lindback will be ok. He was shaky last night, but let's give the Sens their due, that's a good team. Leaving aside his size (OMG 13ft of goalies! Shut it PK!), his potential is there. He moves really well, he gives up a metric **** ton of rebounds, but is starting to kick most of them to the outside. He also faces a lot of shots and has been hung out to dry with the breakaways, more than once.

Now if I could just convince Canucks fans that we are not going to trade for Luongo...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad