GDT: 1/25/13 - 7:30PM EDT - Ottawa VS Tampa Bay

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Lee already has 10 minor penalties in just 3 games this season. :amazed:

Gotta love how Aulie, Crombeen and Hall stood up for Lindback at the end of the game. This team doesn't take **** from anybody (anymore).

I think you mean 10 pim.

Aulie usually takes a lot of time to get his gloves off, lucky for whoever was getting tough with him last night.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Lee already has 10 minor penalties in just 3 games this season. :amazed:

Gotta love how Aulie, Crombeen and Hall stood up for Lindback at the end of the game. This team doesn't take **** from anybody (anymore).

I think we've got a decent amount of enforcers/backbone in our line-up now between Malone, Thompson, Aulie, Crombeen, Hall, Vinny and Hedman. Would be nice to add one more to our third line, aka Brown when his collarbone is fully recovered.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Unluckily for Condra, imo. He started laying the hits on Condra with those bricks on his fists.

If the gloves came off sooner and punches were thrown, the linesman may very well have let them go.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
If the gloves came off sooner and punches were thrown, the linesman may very well have let them go.

There really was no point at such a late stage in the game. The linesman was right to break it up and just let the game play out for the final 10 seconds.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
There really was no point at such a late stage in the game. The linesman was right to break it up and just let the game play out for the final 10 seconds.

I know, and Condra is probably better off because of it.

ultra63

Feb 27, 2008
I think we've got a decent amount of enforcers/backbone in our line-up now between Malone, Thompson, Aulie, Crombeen, Hall, Vinny and Hedman. Would be nice to add one more to our third line, aka Brown when his collarbone is fully recovered.

If Hedman is an enforcer the Bolts are in trouble

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
It would really depend on what Purcell would bring back. I wouldn't want to trade him unless an offer we couldn't refuse came our way. He's just like Stammer right now (I hope). Shaking the rust off.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I think Purcell's production could be replaced after this season by Connolly, and I'd like to see a center prospect like Mark McNeill coming our way in exchange. We need some more size and grit for our third line and someone who can win face-offs, as it's been a weakness for us the past two seasons.

We have several bottom 6 centers in the system, no need to add McNeill. We need Stamkos to work on his faceoffs instead of his one timer and playing with his dad.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Another thing with Purcell is we have plenty of cover for him in the system. Connolly, Panik and Kucherov are more talented as nd younger. We need a LW with Malones size and grit but more talent. I just don't see him moved until the offseason, we need him this year and hopefully he picks up his game.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
I#ve only seen the NHl highlights, but at least 2 big problems because of Lee, sorry thats to much.
I would really like to see 6-4 wins all the time, it's much more fun to watch then a 2-1 :) Offensive hockey is the most entertaining hockey.

Purcell: What about trading him and Lee for Subban? Maybe add prospect or a pick somewhere. Well I know it's not gonna happen, but I would do this trade. Just think about a top-4 like Hedman-Salo and Carle-Subban with Brewer coming up for injurys :yo:

If we don't make the playoffs, either Malone or Purcell will be gone. Thwy are owrth to much on TD to pass over a trade. And I can really see Killorn becoming Malone 2.0 well and replacing Teddy shouldn't be that much of a problem with those guys in Syracuse.

I'm starting to wonder who of the SYR guys might be the poor guy, who will not get a chance, because IF they all develop as fast as now we can't bring them all up in the next 2 years. I simply can't see all the Connollys Paniks Browns and.... on the 3rd line, eventough I would love to play 9 top-6 guys, would even be unreal firepower by our standarts :handclap:

TBLbrian

Mar 5, 2008
NC
I doubt Purcell leaves unless Connolly or someone takes his spot next year. Even though he is a hot/cold player he is still a top 6 forward which we need. He doesnt take over games but he helps his linemates most nights. We dont need him to find the scoresheet every night, just to help create some offense.

I think we need a 3rd line center, and another top 6 winger. Both of those are somewhere in the system, we just need some time. Killhorn/Namestnikov/etc and then Connolly/J.T. Brown/Panik. All of those guys could earn spots here soon with some development, no need to rush to a trade IMO

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
We have several bottom 6 centers in the system, no need to add McNeill. We need Stamkos to work on his faceoffs instead of his one timer and playing with his dad.

We don't have one capable of logging serious minutes. Pyatt is awful on the draw, while Thompson and Hall are both fourth liners.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
I#ve only seen the NHl highlights, but at least 2 big problems because of Lee, sorry thats to much.
I would really like to see 6-4 wins all the time, it's much more fun to watch then a 2-1 :) Offensive hockey is the most entertaining hockey.

Purcell: What about trading him and Lee for Subban? Maybe add prospect or a pick somewhere. Well I know it's not gonna happen, but I would do this trade. Just think about a top-4 like Hedman-Salo and Carle-Subban with Brewer coming up for injurys :yo:

If we don't make the playoffs, either Malone or Purcell will be gone. Thwy are owrth to much on TD to pass over a trade. And I can really see Killorn becoming Malone 2.0 well and replacing Teddy shouldn't be that much of a problem with those guys in Syracuse.

I'm starting to wonder who of the SYR guys might be the poor guy, who will not get a chance, because IF they all develop as fast as now we can't bring them all up in the next 2 years. I simply can't see all the Connollys Paniks Browns and.... on the 3rd line, eventough I would love to play 9 top-6 guys, would even be unreal firepower by our standarts :handclap:

Lol one of the top 20 defensemen in the league for Purcell, Lee and a throw-in prospect or pick? You'd have to add considerably more!

HeavyHammer

Go Bolts!
Feb 26, 2012
Can we stop referring to Killorn as a Ryan Malone replacement? He isn't.

I'm really not understanding people wanting to trade Malone or Purcell right now...

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
As long as we continue to do well this season I don't see a need to move anybody. Right now this team is doing just fine aside from 2nd periods.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008

I'm really not understanding people wanting to trade Malone or Purcell right now...

Another poster was just musing and asked what would be a suitable return for Purcell. I don't think any of us were serious about trading any of our players right now. In a shortened season, I don't think any trades are necessary and we can wait until next year (re: Purcell) when Connolly should be ready for the bigs.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

I haven't seen much of Killorn so I don't know who to compare him to, from what I heard he sounds like a really good two way center with ok size who plays a physical game. What do you see him as?
I don't want to trade either this year because I see us making a playoff run. I just think Purcell is to hot/cold and we have replacements so I wouldn't mind getting good value for him if we can.
Malone is more valuable to us than what we'd get for him. I just think a lot of people want to get maximum value for a player before the retire or decline like you can in a video game.

HeavyHammer

Go Bolts!
Feb 26, 2012
Another poster was just musing and asked what would be a suitable return for Purcell. I don't think any of us were serious about trading any of our players right now. In a shortened season, I don't think any trades are necessary and we can wait until next year (re: Purcell) when Connolly should be ready for the bigs.

Yeah, but why even consider trading Purcell at all? There is nothing wrong with having top 6 talent in the bottom 6, and we don't have any glaring holes to fill.

I haven't seen much of Killorn so I don't know who to compare him to, from what I heard he sounds like a really good two way center with ok size who plays a physical game. What do you see him as?
Basically what you just said, although he might play winger instead of center in the NHL. He's smaller than Malone and doesn't have the fighting element to his game like Malone does. If anything, he's like a more physical version of Purcell (with less natural offensive talent).

I don't want to trade either this year because I see us making a playoff run. I just think Purcell is to hot/cold and we have replacements so I wouldn't mind getting good value for him if we can.
What is "good value" for Purcell though? Would trading him improve the team at all? I doubt it. (same for Malone)

Last edited:

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Yeah, but why even consider trading Purcell at all? There is nothing wrong with having top 6 talent in the bottom 6, and we don't have any glaring holes to fill.

Basically what you just said, although he might play winger instead of center in the NHL. He's smaller than Malone and doesn't have the fighting element to his game like Malone does. If anything, he's like a more physical version of Purcell (with less natural offensive talent).

What is "good value" for Purcell though? Would trading him improve the team at all? I doubt it. (same for Malone)

On the Killorn thing. I think he has more playmaking ability and better vision than Purcell. His release isn't as quick as Teddy's, but his shot is damn good really. Cooper put him on a line with Angelidis and Wyman and it became a scoring line. Was crazy to watch actually. Grinders + Killorn = 2nd line for any other team in the AHL.

HeavyHammer

Go Bolts!
Feb 26, 2012
On the Killorn thing. I think he has more playmaking ability and better vision than Purcell.

I don't think so. Killorn is real good in that regard for sure, but Purcell is a notch above him IMO. (at least at this point anyways).

Let's assume we have a bunch of guys ready to make the jump next year, is having the following lines a bad thing?

Connolly // Stamkos // St. Louis
Conacher // Lecavalier // Purcell
Pouliot // Killorn // Malone
Pyatt // Thompson // Crombeen
Hall

Hedman // Salo
Carle // Brewer
Aulie // Gudas (for the love of god, yes plz to this pairing) :laugh:
Barberio

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad