Post-Game Talk: 1-24-3: Jets win

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
No I mean he sucked in all the pucks. Like a vacuum. Lol He gave up almost no rebounds all night.

Guess I should have been more clear. :laugh:

The difference that a simple comma makes.

"He was sucking, in everything."

"He was sucking in everything."

Everybody, well, almost everybody, totally misread the original post. I've been laughing reading all the confusion since.

Really good game by a lot of the youngins. Too bad that the Tank Commander didn't do his job, but a win against the Avs always feels good.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Not so interested in the game results these days, but trying to see how some of the young players are progressing.

Perhaps the most encouraging aspect of the last stretch of games is the improving play of Lowry, Copp and Burmi.

Lowry is looking more and more like the "good" Lowry from last year. Copp seems to be figuring things out and is starting to generate more scoring chances for himself and teammates. Burmi has been strong in all three zones. His play with the puck has become a lot more clean, direct and crisp. He's generating a lot more in the offensive zone than earlier in the season.

I liked Dano last night. He has a good stick and really understands space, timing and positioning. So he's a very good complimentary player with other good players. He's also strong and physical. I'm still a bit concerned about his lack of speed and quickness, but I think he can still improve as he gets stronger and in better condition.

I'd like to see Petan get a chance with the Jets in a top-9 role before the season ends to see how he's progressed.

The Jets are going to have some tough decisions at forward in pre-season next year. There'll be a lot of young players banging on the door.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
You know since the Jets have basically known they were not going to make the playoffs the 2 guys that have , to me anyway , not given up and playing hard every game is Scheifele and Big Buff !! I think one of those two should be are next captain and assistant , they are both leaders on the ice and both love playing for the Jets , Scheifele said the other day he wants to be a Jet for life . :handclap:

Both are captain material except when it comes to talking with media. Can't see a chance that either could be the next captain -- down the road, however, yes Scheif all the way

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
BrainFreezeCrudeilitisUnThawedSuccnessEffect

There are two world famous Fish Biologist on this board who can confirm my expertise!

Derfel*

Two ways to see the success of the young guys - for the future of the team, or value in trades going forward.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Burmi's Corsi is never very good. Not convinced he's a player worth hanging onto - be happy to see him traded while he still has perceived value.

The only place Burmi has value is with Jets fans but only half of those, you either love him or hate him.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
You know since the Jets have basically known they were not going to make the playoffs the 2 guys that have , to me anyway , not given up and playing hard every game is Scheifele and Big Buff !! I think one of those two should be are next captain and assistant , they are both leaders on the ice and both love playing for the Jets , Scheifele said the other day he wants to be a Jet for life . :handclap:

Did he really? When? Where? I'd watch that :D

Scheifele is the only younger Jet I'd believe already saying something like that.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Yeah, I enjoyed it too. I just wish we could give the 2 points back. :)

I could have enjoyed it almost as much if it had been exactly the same except Pav gave up 6. Sorry, I want a high pick.

Every team in the bottom 5 is going to win a couple games, so I'm not too bothered about a single win. If they put a streak together, that will be annoying.

folix

Jul 24, 2011
Did he really? When? Where? I'd watch that :D

Scheifele is the only younger Jet I'd believe already saying something like that.

In a interview with 1290. They asked him about Ladd and if that showed him it could be him one day. His answer made me smile, said no, said if Yzerman could do it so could he ( stay with one organization). Said he is jet wants to stay a jet for the rest of his career. He went into a few other things about why he never wants to leave. But it was heart felt and very honest.

I was yelling sign him for 8 years after it.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Burmi's Corsi is never very good. Not convinced he's a player worth hanging onto - be happy to see him traded while he still has perceived value.

Over the past 10 games:

5v5 CF% - ~57%
5v5 relCF% - ~8.0
1G
4A

can't really argue he hasn't been better in the last 10....meets the eye test....will it persist?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The only place Burmi has value is with Jets fans but only half of those, you either love him or hate him.

More like, "either you hate him or you don't hate him".

This one's for you Sip. :D

4227-let-no-man-pull-you-so-low-as-to-hate-him.png

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Over the past 10 games:

5v5 CF% - ~57%
5v5 relCF% - ~8.0
1G
4A

can't really argue he hasn't been better in the last 10....meets the eye test....will it persist?

His effort has always been there. He's fast and plays physically.

What seems to be improving over the latter part of the season is his decision-making with the puck. He's making much more direct plays, moving the puck quicker, etc.

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
Did anyone else see Cody Mcleod punching Scheifele after the whistle in the first? Blatant punches to the head. I hate that. That's how guys get concussions and Mcleod is a bum.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Wow, once you give up the boards should be shut down! I watched the entire game, I am a true fan.........actually the real reason is that I have no life.

:laugh: I am pretty sure I just needed a break last night. Usually I can compartmentalize and keep focused on the fact this strategy gives us the best chance for a top tier talent out of this draft.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Over the past 10 games:

5v5 CF% - ~57%
5v5 relCF% - ~8.0
1G
4A

I've been mostly critical of Burmi this season, but agreed he has been playing very well the last 10 games or so. At one point I wasn't sure I saw a future for him with the Jets, but I think he could end up being really solid bottom 6 player for us.

MrGrinch

Jul 27, 2011
I don't care what the tankers thought, that win last night was awesome. We had three cocky Avs fans in front of us all game talking trash to everyone with the lead. When the Jets scored that second and third goal they sure got quiet. Some old man from a few rows up limped down and offered them all a kleenex (not kidding). Everyone clapped. Hahaha! :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Did anyone else see Cody Mcleod punching Scheifele after the whistle in the first? Blatant punches to the head. I hate that. That's how guys get concussions and Mcleod is a bum.

And did you notice Thor not even thinking of ever going after him later in the game. Thor doesn't even fight anymore.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
And did you notice Thor not even thinking of ever going after him later in the game. Thor doesn't even fight anymore.

Yea what is the purposes of having a fighter or fighters if Mcleod can do that to our hottest player? Not sure how that wasn't a penalty either, name one Jet D man that could do the same thing to Duchene and get away with it?

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Yea what is the purposes of having a fighter or fighters if Mcleod can do that to our hottest player? Not sure how that wasn't a penalty either, name one Jet D man that could do the same thing to Duchene and get away with it?

It did result in a penalty though, in the first period.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
He's fast and plays physically.

There was one play at the end boards in I think the Avs zone when some big dumb oaf tried to line Burmi up for what he thought was going to be a crushing blow. Sure, he moved Burmi a couple of inches, but the gigantic meathead himself almost somersaulted backward off concrete Burmi about five feet, taking himself completely out of the play. I love that kind of hilarious stuff from Burmi. So strong on his skates, like Mighty Mouse.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada

Saw that. Was disgusting. Somebody should have taken care of McLeod.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad