Post-Game Talk: 1-24-3: Jets win

Bartho

Feb 26, 2013
Wpg
Finally, a third period comeback!

I thoroughly enjoyed the game. Scheifele continues to impress. Kosmachuk looked great. Pavelec had a strong game. Chevy chose the right vet to extend. We deserved the win.

Strange. Sucked in most everything.
This is complete garbage. You didn't watch the game.

Last edited:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Disagree on Pavelec. He actually played pretty well. Looked a bit like an NFL goalie. Only NE game though. I think someone really has to have a hate on for Pavelec if they thought he was bad today.

Burmi was very good, agreed. I wonder about the "garbage time" effect though. The games mean nothing right now and players are being a bit more selfish than they usually do. Burmi's always looked good individually but I still wonder about his team game. Still, a number of good nights for him lately.

Pav was very good tonight. That's what I hated about him. I wanted sieve Pav.

The difference in Burmi is that he started shooting and passing. I think he is starting to get it. Really.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed the game. Scheifele continues to impress. Kosmachuk looked great. Pavelec had a strong game. Check chose the right vet to extend. We deserved the win.

I really don't want good play from Pav. It is completely wasted. It hurts the tank and it doesn't help his career. He doesn't have one.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I enjoy watching the Jets win every now and then. YMMV

Yeah, I enjoyed it too. I just wish we could give the 2 points back. :)

I could have enjoyed it almost as much if it had been exactly the same except Pav gave up 6. Sorry, I want a high pick.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road

I thoroughly enjoyed the game. Scheifele continues to impress. Kosmachuk looked great. Pavelec had a strong game. Chevy chose the right vet to extend. We deserved the win.

I believe he meant by 'sucking in almost everything' he was agreeing with an earlier comment that Pavs rebound control was very good. You know sucking in the rebounds.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Scheifele 22 goals in 57 games, adjusted for 82 games that's 32 goals :D
You know since the Jets have basically known they were not going to make the playoffs the 2 guys that have , to me anyway , not given up and playing hard every game is Scheifele and Big Buff !! I think one of those two should be are next captain and assistant , they are both leaders on the ice and both love playing for the Jets , Scheifele said the other day he wants to be a Jet for life . :handclap:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Odd night that seems symbolic for my meh state of mind Now.

Had my tickets printed to the game but bailed last minute to go to an optional kids Bday party with friends. I sat around the kitchen table with two of the guys having beers catching up on life and we didn't bother watching the jets game until the 3rd. Even though we are all Jets fans we were kind of casually observing the game while conversing. I was really emotionally detached. I believe the season of suckage is catching up with me. :laugh:

starting to feel like the last two hours of a 14 hour drive on the boring highway. Hopefully this has a happy ending because a 6th place finish with an 8th place draft pick would gut me. I really need to say "that was worth it" after the 1st round of the draft is done. How the hell have Oiler fans endured this for a decade.

Yours truly

Debbie Downer :naughty::sarcasm:

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
How the hell have Oiler fans endured this for a decade.

Yours truly

Since Oiler fans live so far north their brains never really thaw out completely enabling their ability to endured a decade of suckness.

I have proven this scientifically as fact :nod:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
How the hell have Oiler fans endured this for a decade.

Yours truly

Since Oiler fans live so far north their brains never really thaw out completely enabling their ability to endured a decade of suckness.

Good one !! :laugh:

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015

Good one !! :laugh:

I have scientifically named their lame hockey disease as:

BrainFreezeCrudeitilistUnThawedSuccnessEffect.

I am somewhat excited about a possible Nobel Prize!

Time will tell though for other scientist have to prove my theory and every time they do evaluations in Northern Alberta the scientist experience the same effect :shakehead :help:

I conducted my research remotely since my work headquarters is located in Edmonton so whenever someone from there came to our Ontario location I secretly tested the temperature of their brains. :nod:

Wish me luck!

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Odd night that seems symbolic for my meh state of mind Now.

Had my tickets printed to the game but bailed last minute to go to an optional kids Bday party with friends. I sat around the kitchen table with two of the guys having beers catching up on life and we didn't bother watching the jets game until the 3rd. Even though we are all Jets fans we were kind of casually observing the game while conversing. I was really emotionally detached. I believe the season of suckage is catching up with me. :laugh:

starting to feel like the last two hours of a 14 hour drive on the boring highway. Hopefully this has a happy ending because a 6th place finish with an 8th place draft pick would gut me. I really need to say "that was worth it" after the 1st round of the draft is done. How the hell have Oiler fans endured this for a decade.

Yours truly

Wow, once you give up the boards should be shut down! I watched the entire game, I am a true fan.........actually the real reason is that I have no life.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00