Post-Game Talk: 1/23/18 | Kings 2 AT Vancity 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
...or, more likely, somebody somewhere is pointing out to Boeser that if you go down like you are seriously injured and then, once the penalty is called, spring up miraculously healed and line up for the subsequent power play a la Alex Burrows then you will find that the refs will basically ignore any further fouls against you...

What evidence do you have to support this?

Have you ever been hit like that to say for sure that BB flopped?

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
...or, more likely, somebody somewhere is pointing out to Boeser that if you go down like you are seriously injured and then, once the penalty is called, spring up miraculously healed and line up for the subsequent power play a la Alex Burrows then you will find that the refs will basically ignore any further fouls against you...

Is this satire? That was an extremely dangerous hit that should have been 5+game+suspension. He went hard into the boards and the whistle went quickly, it's no surprise he took a few moments to get up. It's not like he laid on the ice for an extended period of time.

Seriously, this is a joke right?

Reactions: 2011 still hurts

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
What evidence do you have to support this?

Have you ever been hit like that to say for sure that BB flopped?

I watched the game. He went down and stayed down as if he had been seriously hurt. The second the penalty was called he was miraculously cured and tried to line up for the subsequent face off. Sure it was indeed a penalty but he sold it hard and the refs hate it when you are dying on the ice one second and twelve seconds later you score a power play goal as if nothing at all is wrong with you. Burrows used to do this at least every week and we subsequently got a rep with the refs for this sort of thing which has taken a looooong time to go away: remember it was a play just like this that started the whole l'affaire Auger. Me, I would have much preferred it if BB turned around and beat the tar out of the goof (even if he got a penalty for it and negated the PP) and I'm betting most here agree with that.

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
I watched the game. He went down and stayed down as if he had been seriously hurt. The second the penalty was called he was miraculously cured and tried to line up for the subsequent face off. Sure it was indeed a penalty but he sold it hard and the refs hate it when you are dying on the ice one second and twelve seconds later you score a power play goal as if nothing at all is wrong with you. Burrows used to do this at least every week and we subsequently got a rep with the refs for this sort of thing which has taken a looooong time to go away: remember it was a play just like this that started the whole l'affaire Auger. Me, I would have much preferred it if BB turned around and beat the tar out of the goof (even if he got a penalty for it and negated the PP) and I'm betting most here agree with that.
giphy.gif

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
????????????????

Different game to the one I watched but, whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia