GDT: 1/23/18 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Nashville

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Someone needs to slap the **** out of Stralman. Dominuge has his stick dropped and Stralman is literally half a foot away and doesn't even bother kicking it or anything. Dude you're NOT defending anyone and the Pred on offense is tied in the corner. Give him his ****ing stick back
In IIHF rules, I don't think you can knock a goalie a stick. I know in the NHL, you can't pick it up for the guy. Might have been playing it safe because he wasn't absolutely sure what the rule in the NHL is right now.

rangerrat

Jan 3, 2010
There we go.

Being outplayed?
Perhaps.... but we still have the horses to play an end to end game with ANYONE.
Not like the Bolts aren't getting chances.

We tighten up the D just a bit, we will be fine.
The offensive minded Preds' D is tailor made for the Bolts' forwards to exploit.
Lucky to. Be tied!! Should be down by 4!!

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN

Well, yea...but how many times haven't people lamented on here, "Man, we are outplaying them but we are still tied!"
Nice to be on the other side once in a while.
Maybe we even "steal" this game..... Nashville isn't exactly looking particularly sharp on defense themselves....and Saros seems to be having some issues tracking the puck.

This game is winnable.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Someone needs to slap the **** out of Stralman. Dominuge has his stick dropped and Stralman is literally half a foot away and doesn't even bother kicking it or anything. Dude you're NOT defending anyone and the Pred on offense is tied in the corner. Give him his ****ing stick back

Not allowed. National Hockey League rules indicate that a goaltender who has dropped his stick cannot have his teammate return the stick to him by sliding or throwing it. This results in a two-minute minor penalty to the player who handed the stick to the goaltender.

Reactions: TropicalFruitGirl2

rangerrat

Jan 3, 2010
Well, yea...but how many times haven't people lamented on here, "Man, we are outplaying them but we are still tied!"
Nice to be on the other side once in a while.
Maybe we even "steal" this game..... Nashville isn't exactly looking particularly sharp on defense themselves....and Saros seems to be having some issues tracking the puck.

This game is winnable.
Let's hope so but I think your glass is half full tonite!! Lol

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014

I don't know if we can say that we should be down by 4 since they haven't scored 4 goals it should be more like that we're lucky we're not down by 4 goals with the amount of good shots they've had.

Reactions: rangerrat

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
In IIHF rules, I don't think you can knock a goalie a stick. I know in the NHL, you can't pick it up for the guy. Might have been playing it safe because he wasn't absolutely sure what the rule in the NHL is right now.

If that's the case then I stand corrected of my stance but I found myself saying "GIVE HIM THE STICK COME ON!" I swear I've seen players do it before

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
If that's the case then I stand corrected of my stance but I found myself saying "GIVE HIM THE STICK COME ON!" I swear I've seen players do it before
Eric Brewer got a penalty a few years ago, I remember. It's because a skater 1) can't have multiple sticks, and 2) can't have a goalie stick. Guys sometimes get away with it, but I've seen it called before.

I don't think I've seen a player knock a goalie stick over to their guy get a penalty in the NHL before (that I can recall)

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I'll gladly take the 2-2 after that period. We got better towards the end though.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Well then Stralman was smart to not handle the stick. I could've sworn I had seen it done or even a player offer his stick to the goaltender but maybe I dreamed it up. I take back my statement

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
End of the first.
We're dominated in the first half of the period, but we're good to capitalize the few scoring chances created.
It's an hard game, and we knew it.
Only one rule: DO NOT TAKE ANY PENALTIES.
It's very important not to concede to the Preds the PP and lots of space on the ice, cause there're fast and very good to play a "speedy hockey".

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Hey Coburn let's try and not take out our goalie.

Or take a penalty. The jostling with Arvidsson got suspect there and we were fortunate the refs were lenient about it. Had they called a penalty it's not like it would not have been justified because Arvidsson was doing a hell of a job selling it all.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Eric Brewer got a penalty a few years ago, I remember. It's because a skater 1) can't have multiple sticks, and 2) can't have a goalie stick. Guys sometimes get away with it, but I've seen it called before.

I don't think I've seen a player knock a goalie stick over to their guy get a penalty in the NHL before (that I can recall)

Pfffft... BS!!
You CAN use two sticks...... :sarcasm:

Two Sticks.jpg

rangerrat

Jan 3, 2010
Anyone else thinking of this game score after that period with Budja in net?? LD hanging in there with not much support, between the Dmen and the Forwards not picking up their guys in our end.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

I've seen Crosby kick a stick away from a player trying to get it back. Don't remember who it was but Crosby didn't get a penalty. If you can kick a stick away from a player then the other way should also be allowed.

vipera1960

Aug 1, 2007

A player can have 2 sticks, but 1 has to be the goalie’s, he has to be taking it to the goalie, and he can’t participate in the play with both sticks. Players cannot bat, throw, slide, etc. a stick to the goalie. Most of the time it’s just not worth it.

rangerrat

Jan 3, 2010
Well then Stralman was smart to not handle the stick. I could've sworn I had seen it done or even a player offer his stick to the goaltender but maybe I dreamed it up. I take back my statement
National Hockey League rules indicate that a goaltender who has dropped his stick cannot have his teammate return the stick to him by sliding or throwing it. This results in a two-minute minor penalty to the player who handed the stick to the goaltender. The stick can only be returned to him by picking it up and handing it to him. A goaltender who has broken his stick can continue to play with it until the play stops. During play, a teammate can also hand him a new stick. A goaltender often needs his stick to make critical saves so one of his teammates will often hand him a regular player's stick until a play stoppage.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon

Weirdly enough, a player MAY let the goalie borrow his stick. The player is just not allowed to give the goalie back HIS goalie stick except as rangerrat lists above.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad