SuBMfwL.png

3hKz7Mu.png

n9ZQoCX.png

Reactions: Sk8M8

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I hope Domingue doesn't get murdered. He has to use these chances to let Coop and Yzerman know he can be the backup for this team. I just don't see him carrying us like Vasy did last night so hopefully they clean up the defensive mistakes for this game.

Reactions: jahbless

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
This will be a big test, let's hope that the team will be ready and build on last nights game. Need to be better in our own zone though, that's key when you face any team but especially when you face great offensive teams.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Missed yesterday game and may have to miss this one, by the sounds of it we wasn’t that great yesterday but was good to get the W. Tough game tonight in my opinion one of the best teams in the league so is going to be a challenge.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Never tell us the odds...but it doesn't look good.

No time like the present to change it though.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I wish we’d just go with Vassy.
He just had his first good game in three weeks. Putting him in on both games of a back to back is setting him up for failure. He can't play 82.

Dominigue is fighting for an NHL job. He's a young guy with something to prove. Let's give him a chance to prove it - we may have a gem on our hands.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
He just had his first good game in three weeks. Putting him in on both games of a back to back is setting him up for failure. He can't play 82.

Dominigue is fighting for an NHL job. He's a young guy with something to prove. Let's give him a chance to prove it - we may have a gem on our hands.

Agreed. If we're down Palat and Hedman and somehow manage to win tonight with Domingue standing on his head then I don't see why we don't keep him around. It'll prove we have a backup that can steal a hard road game versus the Western Conference Champions. Budaj on the other hand barely manages to hang on versus Philadelphia at home before getting hurt.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Working again tonight. Sounds like a missed a solid game last night, so hopefully me working is good luck.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Agreed. If we're down Palat and Hedman and somehow manage to win tonight with Domingue standing on his head then I don't see why we don't keep him around. It'll prove we have a backup that can steal a hard road game versus the Western Conference Champions. Budaj on the other hand barely manages to hang on versus Philadelphia at home before getting hurt.
While I agree with most of what you said, let’s be honest, Budaj was pretty good in his last game.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
While I agree with most of what you said, let’s be honest, Budaj was pretty good in his last game.

Granted there were a few that weren't his fault that night. I'll give you that. No one was going to stop those deflections. I certainly wasn't mad because we didn't play our best that night.

I don't know man, it's not a good look for Budaj that he has in let in 4 goals or more in 5 of his 7 starts. To me that answers the question of "If Vasy is out in the playoffs will we be okay?" with a resounding no. Shortly before he was injured Budaj let in a bad goal and I got to wondering how he would fare in the AHL. The best ability is availability and right now Budaj cannot afford us that. I hate seeing guys lose their jobs in the NHL and I really think the case for that is going to build with a strong game by Domingue tonight. Or we could see a blunder and it builds a case to send Domingue back to the AHL no harm no foul to Budaj. No matter what all we can do is wait for the puck to drop and see how Domingue responds to the opportunity. A great game tonight and we're gonna have a heck of a (good) problem on our hands in that we have an AHL callup who won both of his starts in relief of an injured backup. Too bad for Budaj that might mean we find out the answer to the question of how HE plays in the AHL.

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
My biggest issue with Budaj, he's got the same reactionary skills as a sloth.

Last edited:
Reactions: xteesy

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Can we scratch Killorn? After all, the Preds got their morning skate around the traffic cones this morning.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Oh, and another road game against a tough Western Division team.

Ugh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->