GDT: 1/21/16 - 7:30PM EDT - Chicago VS Tampa Bay

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
ZE76God.jpg

Would you look at that, everyone has a nice "LOST 1" beside their records while TB has a nice looking record going

Tampa also back to being the best team at home in the division :handclap:

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Woww wooooo what a ****ing game!!! I had to listen to the first and missed the second, but caught the whole last 3rd period. That was a helluva game by the boys! Now thats the Lightning we know and love. The rest of the league better watch out, the lightning have awoken! :yo:

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
What was that stat about Kucherov? 7th player to get 20 goals 20 assists this season? Should someone bump the Kucherov thread? :sarcasm:

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
u all notice that when i was able to come back from my injury this streak started

ohhhhh we wont make the playoffs i said two 8 and 2 runs and we would be leading the league

7 and 0 works too i guess haha

No disrespect Rob but during the Edmonton GDT people were saying we should form our own team because at least then some heart would be shown.

At 11:05 EST I said
I am Canadian and have had trade speculation for a while now...Thats good enough for me to be Captain right?

At 11:09 EST The first of three Tampa goals was scored.

The team has been on a roll ever since.

Coincidence?

I don't think so. I Have been Captaining the Hell out of this team.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Statement win. Crawford made it way closer than it should've been.

Here's hoping the Hawks are pissed and take it out on the Panturds tomorrow. Then we can pass them on Saturday.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Statement game indeed. The whole team played lights out from top to bottom. Not one player had a bad game.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Cally looked great and dare i say Sustr has made major strides.

Sustr had my jaw on the floor half the night.

Seriously I'll be the first to admit it and eat crow, he's a damn good defenseman now...

Whatever happened to his confidence in the last 5 months changed everything for that guy. He'll easily be a top 4 D man if he keeps playing like the last 20 games.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009

Seriously I'll be the first to admit it and eat crow, he's a damn good defenseman now...

Whatever happened to his confidence in the last 5 months changed everything for that guy. He'll easily be a top 4 D man if he keeps playing like the last 20 games.

He's gotta be considered one of the coaching staffs biggest success stories thus far. Let's just hope he keeps it consistent.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014

No doubt about that.

Scary part is Johnson and Palat haven't even found their A game yet.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto

He's looked great the past few games, still needs to put on some muscle and get a decent slapper. He makes some smart pinch plays, he's starting to know when to do it and when to back off, which before he didn't he would just pinch all the time and it led to some bad plays. Very impressed.

No doubt about that.

I think Palat has looked pretty good. Isn't the team like 7-1-0 since he's been back or something...

OHgFvjD.gif

He's getting some goals and points since he's been back, its TyJo that needs to get going.

Last edited:

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
He's looked great the past few games, still needs to put on some muscle and get a decent slapper. He makes some smart pinch plays, he's starting to know when to do it and when to back off, which before he didn't he would just pinch all the time and it led to some bad plays. Very impressed.

I think Palat has looked pretty good. Isn't the team like 7-1-0 since he's been back or something...

OHgFvjD.gif

He's getting some goals and points since he's been back, its TyJo that needs to get going.

I think overall he's been good, but we all know he has another level. Johnson, on the other hand, has at least one other level. I'd like to see him prove that he can be that franchise center over a long period of time like we thought he is.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
If CHI hadn't scored that early goal and if Crawford hadn't stood on his head it wouldn't have been clos at all:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
No doubt about that.

I think Palat has found his game or is almost there, but Johnson is still struggling. He looked ok tonight, nothing special, and had too many turnovers. Then if you look at Cally who is the other one struggling offensively , he is making it up big time on the defensive side like on the PK. But is making a huge effort to create offense, but has had all the bad luck thrown at him this season, between disallowed goals, hitting posts, or facing a hot goalie, it's just not right.

But if all 3 of these guys can really take off offensively, think we will be even better than last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad