GDT: 1/2/24 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Winnipeg

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
1704252703073.png

Not a chance in hell we are sellers, this is what it is.

Powerplay17

Feb 13, 2018
Tampa
If JBB wants to salvage this season at all, he needs to make some trades for at least 1 dman and a depth F maybe. He also needs to take control and fire Blashill, since Coop obv won't do it or suggest it. Perhaps a new defensive scheme and a couple new players will help. They won't sell at the tdl since there's no one to realistically sell, and they're not in a rebuild type situation.
I respectfully disagree but we’ve kinda beaten that horse to death. LOL.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
JBB isn't capable of this. He's the one thst made this mess.
Not really, the cap made this mess more than anything. They at best would have one additional 4-5 million player if he had been able to pay the 3 big rfas less, but older ufas like Palat, Killorn, McD etc weren't sticking g around for their cost vs age. The expansion draft was always costing them a big name player as well. Pat Maroon wasn't saving them at this point. It's a rough season, but most of the pieces are still there, and there will be enough space to add at least one piece in the offseason(maybe more depending on the Stamkos situation).

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Ok, so say you Trade Cirelli.

What or who are you trading him for in return?

If he's the only guy out then I'd have to assume its for another roster player.

Is this player going to make the team better? Or is it just gonna be a lateral move?

Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Cirelli is going nowhere soon, as good teams don't move players in year 1 of a long term deal barring some kind of breach of contract or something.
Hes the most redundant. He has 0 offense. We are center heavy and Cirelli hasn't shown chemistry with any if our other top 6 players, especially key guys like Kuch, Stamkos and Point.

Hes overpaid for his production and is suitable for 3rd line role, which doesn't warrant the contract.

Out of our 3 signings of Cirelli, Cernak and Serg, Cirelli is the least important/necessary and should be shopped to clear cap

Is this player going to make the team better? Or is it just gonna be a lateral move?
I'm not sure what teams would offer, defense would be ideal, similar in age (we got Serg for Drouin)

But getting that cap back is the important factor

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
He's a part of the core, hence the 8 year deal. If JBB and the staff saw him as a trade piece, they wouldn't have locked him up for 8 years. He's one of 6 F who is a core piece for the next several years(unless they let Stamkos walk).

That may be true, I am not arguing that.

But just saying....we have so many guys on this roster with NMC's, if you really need cap space he's one of the few guys who could provide it.

Reactions: Renopucker

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
He's a part of the core, hence the 8 year deal. If JBB and the staff saw him as a trade piece, they wouldn't have locked him up for 8 years. He's one of 6 F who is a core piece for the next several years(unless they let Stamkos walk).
Cirelli isn't part of the core. He's that 2nd tier with Cernak and Serg who have played their roles and after winning 2 cups cashed in (like all cup winning players do) on being overpaid for previous success.

Core is and has always been Vasy, Kuch, Point, Heddy, Stamkos. Everyone else is expendable, period.

Reactions: Powerplay17

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Hes the most redundant. He has 0 offense. We are center heavy and Cirelli hasn't shown chemistry with any if our other top 6 players, especially key guys like Kuch, Stamkos and Point.

Hes overpaid for his production and is suitable for 3rd line role, which doesn't warrant the contract.

Out of our 3 signings of Cirelli, Cernak and Serg, Cirelli is the least important/necessary and should be shopped to clear cap

I'm not sure what teams would offer, defense would be ideal, similar in age (we got Serg for Drouin)

Weakens the team much further, as he's still a .5 on average ppg type with a good 2 way game. If they had truly planned on moving Cirelli, they wouldn't have traded Colton nor let Killorn walk. The depth is an issue, and losing Cirelli further depletes that.

Powerplay17

Feb 13, 2018
Tampa

Stop with that. You’re not really looking for an answer. Cirelli is making too much money. The trade would be for cap space as much as anything.

Reactions: The Gongshow

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015

JBB would probably just raid the local dollar bins in exchange for Cirelli, a la Mcdonagh.

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Doubtful. Miller was not viewed favorably at all by Cooper and used horribly. JBB also was facing a decision in which it was either Miller or Gourde going at the time most likely.

That's different than saying he wouldn't do it simply because it was year 1, the precedent has already been set that he would.

I'm aware that there were extenuating circumstances at that time, there are plenty of extenuating circumstances right now too though.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $275.00