GDT: 1/2/15 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Pittsburgh

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
The Hedman - Strålman pairing was a mess defensively tonight. Stamkos completely invisible all night. Watch Crosby and Malkin. That's how top players in this league play.

The biggest problem with this team could very well be consistency. Palat, Kucherov and Johnson are the only players on this team that you can count their bad games on one hand. Maybe Strålman too. The rest of the team just takes too many nights off. I shudder when I think how many losses we would have without the TKO line.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
The Hedman - Strålman pairing was a mess defensively tonight. Stamkos completely invisible all night. Watch Crosby and Malkin. That's how top players in this league play.

The biggest problem with this team could very well be consistency. Palat, Kucherov and Johnson are the only players on this team that you can count their bad games on one hand. Maybe Strålman too. The rest of the team just takes too many nights off. I shudder when I think how many losses we would have without the TKO line.

I can't think of any games Connolly takes off.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Sick and tired of the Pens and the way they get away with everything:

nda4vo.jpg

https://vine.co/v/OdKUxxJP3xa

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
A lot of credit should be given to Callahan and Filppula tonight, they were pretty much the only once not out there for an ES goal and did a good job with what they were suppose to do which is shutting down the line they were out against, first it was the Crosby line but then the Malkin line scored so they were out there against them instead (though then the Crosby line scored which sucks)

iwtb*

If I hear anyone mention the name Hedman in the same sentence as Norris trophy I will puke.

I actually bet on that with my friend. He said that Hedman will be a Norris finalist this year. I'm making some easy money.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I'm curies about what Cooper and the team will say about this, some more xcuses I'm guessing though if I have to hear another rant about no puck luck or how they have to get the PP going I'll be pissed because the PP can be fixed if Cooper have the guts to sit Stamkos and Hedman for a while and make them watch and see if it will help them get their heads on streight.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
A lot of credit should be given to Callahan and Filppula tonight, they were pretty much the only once not out there for an ES goal and did a good job with what they were suppose to do which is shutting down the line they were out against, first it was the Crosby line but then the Malkin line scored so they were out there against them instead (though then the Crosby line scored which sucks)

They were the best line tonight . They did their job and did it well.

I can't wait to see the new Stamkos line at practice. im ready to puke in a corner also. Wow TKO giving up two goals . Also, Should of saved some of those goals from the buffalo game for this game boys.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
If I hear anyone mention the name Hedman in the same sentence as Norris trophy I will puke.

I'm still looking at him to put together a great whole season. He took off last year during the second half and was great before the injury this season. To become that Norris candidate he has to be more consistant.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Hedman is way too soft, our whole defensive group is, only Brewer and Gudas have a mean streak. Kunitz and Downie know they can stay in front of the net because guys like Hedman and Stralman aren't going to knock them over.

iwtb*

I miss Tortorella. He wouldn't give Stamkos so much PP time and do everything around Stamkos just because he was good. I mean Cooper shouldn't try to find out good line mates to Stamkos but start trying to get Stamkos himself going. He doesn't need St. Louis, he has had changes but he just can't finish them.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

Not sure how you can say that, Connolly and Carle were the only two on the plus side.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014

At least he's being honest, though the question is, what will he do about it?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Not sure how you can say that, Connolly and Carle were the only two on the plus side.

I don't count empty nets. It's do or die and you take that risk.

Good for Connolly maybe he will go back to the top line like it really matters. Stamkos still blows dog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad