GDT: 1/15/16 - 7:30PM EDT - Pittsburgh VS Tampa Bay

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
vladdy hatty wow rebound winner after clutch shot :)

sleeping most of game thank god for dvr up 3-1 yep yep sleep wake 4-3 bad guys see the spin orama im like finish ittttttttttttttttttt

lol great job its four in a row yes thats a streak

p.s. walked a mile on wednesday 7pm had episode been hospitalized since good news on most things but something did happen slept 24 hours plus most of day recupperating good news on some stuff like said but never far from chronic heart failure even doing it right

had computer access in hospital with their equipment a new one for me but no twitter lol facebook and hfboards though so was a happy day today glad got the dvr get to watch this one again

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Vasi let in two questionable goals (maybe even three). Not his best game by any stretch - but he also made some good saves and the D was not good tonight.

But we generated a lot of good chances throughout the game. And we scored.

It wasn't pretty, but it was fun.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
2016 has been kind to us. 5 wins in 6 games.

Next week brings a big challenge. Chicago Blackhawks & twice vs the Panthers

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Vasi let in two questionable goals (maybe even three). Not his best game by any stretch - but he also made some good saves and the D was not good tonight.

starting to think put him down bring up gudslevskis so vasi gets the work stays fresh for playoffs just my two cents

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu

He let in the soft ones but then made all the tough saves lol. Not his best game at all but definitely could have been worse. And he made the OT saves when it mattered.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
starting to think put him down bring up gudslevskis so vasi gets the work stays fresh for playoffs just my two cents

I mean - I look at it this way.

We never ****ing beat Pitt. And tonight we did. Vasi is 21 - he's going to have some bad games as he develops. A lot of his softies - not sealing the post and **** like that - comes with experience. I see so much in his flexibility and reflexes - as long as we get Ws when he's in net, I can live with some stinkers from him every now and then.

But this is why the move to get rid of Bish I was never behind. 21 year old goalies are like... never good. Carey Price wasn't good at 21. It takes some time to get that day to day consistency. A few seasons backing up, but getting a lot of quality starts (and it's not like we're sheltering him - he just started against Crosby, Malkin, and Kessel) and patience will pay off in spades down the road.

I hope we can get Bish another ~two year contract after this one is up, but we'll probably need more term. But Bish has been our first real #1 since Khabibulin - we should not be in a rush to move that until we're positive we have his replacement ready.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Copper just totally slipped this into his post-game interview without mentioning Drouin. He said Vlad didn't "put his tail between his legs" when being sent down.

Well it's not like what he is saying isn't true. Drouin is playing for a good team. He needs to work his way up to play the top minutes.

dechire

Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Copper just totally slipped this into his post-game interview without mentioning Drouin. He said Vlad didn't "put his tail between his legs" when being sent down.

Cooper has been making veiled comments to the media about Drouin since last year. Honestly it's tiresome. Only one of the two was a teenager and it sure as hell wasn't Cooper so he doesn't need to be acting like one. I don't think Drouin has criticized Cooper either although he's had opportunity. We know how he feels about him but not because he's said it to the media.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
That was a terrible third period, but then again it's good to see the good ol' fashioned Lightning again, warts and all.

dechire

Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
To expand on my last comment, this isn't exclusive to Drouin. I don't want the coach making little *****y comments about any player. It's his job to make the best team out of the players he's given, not just the ones he personally likes. And it's a player's job to do what the coach tells them. That's why I didn't like Stamkos whining to the media about being played on the wing. Drouin has never whined to the media about his ice time. Ever. Even when he's asked about it he's just said it's the coach's decision, etc. So I expect a grownass man like Cooper to put his personal feelings in his pocket and be neutral to the press. If not then he's not creating an environment that I want in the locker room.

Basically making smug comments about a 20 year old kid you've always disliked doesn't make you look any better.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
So I missed this game due to work. But I must say... we beat Pittsburgh!!! We never freaking do that. Thats one of those teams that always gets us like this.

Saw the Stralman goal and damn, thats got to be one of the best goals of the year. You don't see things like that often.

And congrats to Vlad. He's earned his spot and he's going to be staying there for a long while at this rate.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
To expand on my last comment, this isn't exclusive to Drouin. I don't want the coach making little *****y comments about any player. It's his job to make the best team out of the players he's given, not just the ones he personally likes. And it's a player's job to do what the coach tells them. That's why I didn't like Stamkos whining to the media about being played on the wing. Drouin has never whined to the media about his ice time. Ever. Even when he's asked about it he's just said it's the coach's decision, etc. So I expect a grownass man like Cooper to put his personal feelings in his pocket and be neutral to the press. If not then he's not creating an environment that I want in the locker room.

Basically making smug comments about a 20 year old kid you've always disliked doesn't make you look any better.

He didn't say anything about Drouin. He just said he liked the way Names has handled himself so far. Drouin will get his time with TB if we don't trade him.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I don't think Cooper seriously said that to be smug, BUT... it was still tactless considering the circumstances, and that's still just as bad to a relationship with a player.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
A good win and yes we earned it even though not pretty. Exactly the type of game we need to win. Close game and win even when not at our best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad