Not open for further replies.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Kopecky -4
Campbell -4
Upshall -3
MacKenzie -3

I realize the entire team was flat but that's pretty unacceptable from a good chunk of your veteran/leadership group.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I'm happy with that loss. If we were going to ose, might as well lose to a Western team and get blown out. Like that, our players won't think too highly of themselves and will keep working hard. In the first period they were trying to be fancy and gave the puck away by playing softly. Hopefully they learned the lesson.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Kopecky -4
Campbell -4
Upshall -3
MacKenzie -3

I realize the entire team was flat but that's pretty unacceptable from a good chunk of your veteran/leadership group.

Bolland +1

#TRUECHARACTER

Since I actually like you guys I kind of felt bad after that win. Can one of you guys explain to me what happened? just so I have both perspectives.

Your team wanted to play, and our team looked like it DNGAF. I think the physicality early on made the Panthers timid/unwilling to play hard.

Hoping for a full 60 minute effort on Thursday

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Kopecky -4
Campbell -4
Upshall -3
MacKenzie -3

Agree. That's pathetic. Maybe they're tired/worn down from the road?

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
You guys seem a lot more sensible than half of the people I follow on Twitter. Some were saying they're disbanding their fandom and such.

It's just one game and every team gets blown out a few times a season. This wasn't the first one in Winnipeg ever either, so I had a feeling it was possible to happen.

I'm sure the team is embarrassed about it, so maybe it will be a motivator for the game at home tomorrow when instead of putting on ten layers, they might be excited to come to the rink in sandals and shorts again.

Juggernaut27

#CatsHasCupNow?
Apr 29, 2014
Vancouver
Twitter isn't known for its highly rational users, haha.

I do wonder if a few of our guys were playing under the weather. Not an excuse, just an observation. Flu that Kuli and Barkov picked up in Van is a nasty one. Half the city seems to be sick.

Glad it's back to the BB&T now, can forget about this and still be proud of a solid road trip.

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
The Barkov line still looks good so that's a plus. Other than that just a weak game. 4-2 road trip is not bad though. Let's learn and work harder on thursday.

Barkov line needs to start dominating. Shutting down the opponent top lines and outscoring them like there's no tomorrow. I know Barkov has it in him. The stick handling beast inside needs to get loose of that dump and chase style, it has never been his game and I don't understand why he keeps doing that. It's like Datsyuk would be dumping the puck.

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011
Barkov line needs to start dominating. Shutting down the opponent top lines and outscoring them like there's no tomorrow. I know Barkov has it in him. The stick handling beast inside needs to get loose of that dump and chase style, it has never been his game and I don't understand why he keeps doing that. It's like Datsyuk would be dumping the puck.

Because Barkov is an obedient 19yo. He does what is asked of him, even if that means playing dump n chase all day long. We all know that is Gallant's strategy. He needs to give Barkov more creative license.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad