GDT: 1/13/15 "Year In Review" - Panthers Vs Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I'm usually pretty negative, but I trust we'll be much better Thursday and outwork the Avs to a win. We'll beat the Jets next time. Put this one away but just remember to be angry Thursday night.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
always due for at least 1 blowout per season. hopefully its out of their system now, still have been great this road trip, were just tired and when it rains it pours. i think they'll come out hard against the avs after this game.a loss is a loss, all the same in the standings, sucks to lose by so much but it was just a bad game and you move on. nothing to worry about.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
While this sucks, this isnt the end of the world. It's a setback yes, but I find it's best to look at this season on a 5 game set (like that thread we have) instead of an individual game basis. The team could have lost 50-1 and it's still one loss. Still 8 points possible in this set.

And also, it's nights like these that I like the fact I do not scoreboard too much. I usually only do it when the Panthers and the Dallas Mavericks don't play but even then I avoid that. Why? Because as long as this team takes care of business, and the goal is 96 points in my opinion, everything will fall as it should.

The Panthers control their destiny half-way through the season. No need to watch other teams right now.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Panthers-bench-300x200.jpg

Panthers post-game audio: Coach Gallant and Willie Mitchell.

To listen click here.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Cant really call it ridiculous.

Its more of the feelings you have after a this awful game.

More anger over the play and not the score.

Well I wouldn't expect Colorado to just come in roll over and take it dry... I would hope the effort will be there and to clean up the turnovers and hopefully come out with a win... also tough playing at home for first time in 2 weeks and would expect the avs to give us all we can handle

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
The Jets could follow tonight with a 3-1 loss. There's so much pairity. We beat Anaheim in convincing fashion and the Jets haven't. We just need to beat the Avs and get 2. Just come out angry and on fire Thursday and continue to outwork teams. Then tonight will be categorized as an outlier. That is all.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Ridiculous expectations... actually laughable

I don't see it that way. The Panthers have a good team this year. I don't see this team has a bubble team to be honest. The pieces are there. When this team plays right, they are up there with the Rangers, Lightning, Montreal, and whoever. I firmly, firmly believe that.

No disrespect to Colorado, but this team is definitively better than them. Therefore, a motivated Panther team should set the tone Thursday and take Colorado out of it in the First. I don't mean a plethora of goals. I mean, the Panthers should end the first with a lead on the scoreboard as well as leading in hits and holding them to a very minimal amount of shots and chances.

It's about setting the tone. The team tonight came out scared and the Jets saw that.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I don't see it that way. The Panthers have a good team this year. I don't see this team has a bubble team to be honest. The pieces are there. When this team plays right, they are up there with the Rangers, Lightning, Montreal, and whoever. I firmly, firmly believe that.

No disrespect to Colorado, but this team is definitively better than them. Therefore, a motivated Panther team should set the tone Thursday and take Colorado out of it in the First. I don't mean a plethora of goals. I mean, the Panthers should end the first with a lead on the scoreboard as well as leading in hits and holding them to a very minimal amount of shots and chances.

It's about setting the tone. The team tonight came out scared and the Jets saw that.

Well avs will be hungry too and expect them to try the same thing.. they have some players far better than what we have right now... we're not at the point where we shoukd expect wins and especially not dominate teams..... Duchesne mack Landeskog oreilly etc are damn good players and can play with anyone at any given time....only thing I expect is a good effort and better puck management and hopefully we come out on top

JCLiponfanboy*

Since I actually like you guys I kind of felt bad after that win. Can one of you guys explain to me what happened? just so I have both perspectives.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I see the next game as a real gut check call. Do they get pissed off and respond or not. If we don't show our usual effort next game we might as well pack it up for this season. A game like this tonight should piss off/wake up a team if there such a tight nit team as i've heard

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011
Winnipeg is just a poor matchup for us. All there is too it. They brought their A game and it really showed. All their shots were on the money, and we looked deflated. Gave up too easily.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I see the next game as a real gut check call. Do they get pissed off and respond or not. If we don't show our usual effort next game we might as well pack it up for this season. A game like this tonight should piss off/wake up a team if there such a tight nit team as i've heard

Well its possible they go on a little bad streak and lose 3 in a row for the first time... they could still do that and make playoffs... it's remarkable they have been so consistent up til now... hopefully they bounce back but I wouldn't expect them to go all year without a losing streak or two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad