GDT: 1/12/19 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I have confidence Cooper will make the right decision and scratch Girardi and Callahan come the playoffs provided we are lucky enough to ice a completely healthy roster. Callahan had the least amount of minutes last night, Girardi only played slightly more than Sergachev because of all of the PK time he got.

For me the guy wearing the goat horns right now is Killorn. Gourde hasn't been very productive lately but he's still battling. Eventually our bottom two lines will get going but the nice thing is it really doesn't matter. Team is on vacation, just hope the stress free lifestyle doesn't breed complacency. Team has gone far enough without a cup to know not to get too full of themselves.
I hope you're right, but I still remember Brendan Morrow getting meaningful minutes in 16 so I'm not as confident.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
I hope you're right, but I still remember Brendan Morrow getting meaningful minutes in 16 so I'm not as confident.
Not really the same thing. While Callahan and Girardi are arguably our worst players at their position, they haven't been bad by any stretch. Morrow was a huge liability on the ice. I like rotating Dan in and out to keep him fresh, Cernak is prone to bad games here and there, as is Sergachev. Might be effective for a long playoff run.

Reactions: Zeus Bojangles

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Not really the same thing. While Callahan and Girardi are arguably our worst players at their position, they haven't been bad by any stretch. Morrow was a huge liability on the ice. I like rotating Dan in and out to keep him fresh, Cernak is prone to bad games here and there, as is Sergachev. Might be effective for a long playoff run.

Depends, I guess. This team is at the stage where no one is a flat out “liability.” But I would say Joseph brings more to the table than Callahan, and I echo his statement there. I’m worried coop will defer to experience come playoff time, and stick Callahan in situations where Joseph is more deserving. Remember him benching kuch in his second year here? Nearly killing bishop with playing time until he finally broke? Playing morrow in situations he didn’t belong? Until coop proves me otherwise, I’m nervous about his personnel decisions in the playoffs.

With that said, this season it seems that cooper has taken a step up. He learns something new seemingly every season, so hopefully this is the one where he outcoaches the coaches he will face in the playoffs.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Coaches can develop too, and Coop *does* seem mostly better. Honestly with the vets, getting them to buy in to the rotation on D - that's pretty f***ing awesome. Hopefully Cally buys in on F as well.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Cooper has definitely evolved as a coach. Cernak would be serving popcorn or getting 10 minutes of TOI if this were 2015, as it stands he's averaging the 6th most ice time on the team.

Oh the days of cooper insisting on playing players like sustr for a lot are well gone. Seems to have a different approach this season.

Reactions: Rschmitz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad