GDT: 1/12/19 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Had to miss this one. Caught the highlights. Anything of note the highlights might have missed? Domingue looked a little shaky to me, but I see he wound up with 30 saves.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
So Kuch with 3 points, the Colorado duo get shutout, McDavid gets one. Oh. And the Leafs lost again.

We're still 10 points up on 2nd because Calgary has snuck up, but we have a game at hand. 13 points over Washington, 14 over the Leafs.

+ SIXTY goal differential, which is closing in on double the next closest team.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Had to miss this one. Caught the highlights. Anything of note the highlights might have missed? Domingue looked a little shaky to me, but I see he wound up with 30 saves.
They didn't have many grade As. They rlthrow everything at the net. Dom was looking behind him on every shot, so that was fun. Its probably a shutout with 88 in.

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018

I have been closely watching this stat the past few weeks. In the salary cap era, the Sens 05-06 are the benchmark at +103. Otherwise, there have only been a couple +90 and +80 campaigns (Caps, Pens, Hawks). We are on track to shatter the mark. Although it means nothing, I want it to happen badly. On to Brooklyn.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I have been closely watching this stat the past few weeks. In the salary cap era, the Sens 05-06 are the benchmark at +103. Otherwise, there have only been a couple +90 and +80 campaigns (Caps, Pens, Hawks). We are on track to shatter the mark. Although it means nothing, I want it to happen badly. On to Brooklyn.
Funny thing is, the Sens weren't even close to winning the President's Trophy that season. Detroit with 124 points were 11 points ahead of them.

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
So they had 2-3 shifts together and scored 2 goals?
That's slightly correct - magic nonetheless. But Stammer's goal was on a 4:4. I hope, however, that Coop sees that the right strategy is to keep them apart, as they make too many extra passes when they regularly play together. Though the Crosby/Malkin third period approach is fine when you are trying to manufacture offense in the desperate stages of a game.

Last edited:
Reactions: DFC

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
They didn't have many grade As. They rlthrow everything at the net. Dom was looking behind him on every shot, so that was fun. Its probably a shutout with 88 in.

That's pretty much what the highlights caught. Seemed like every shot created chaos in front.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
That's slightly correct - magic nonetheless. But Stammer's goal was on a 4:4. I hope, however, that Coop sees that the right strategy is to keep them apart, as they make too many extra passes when they regularly play together. Though the Crosby/Malkin third period approach is fine when you are trying to manufacture offense in the desperate stages of a game.

This. Use them like weapon in reserve.

The longer they play together, the worse they both get. And with the way Stamkos is playing this year, having him on a separate gives us the 1-2 punch we've been wanting for years, but never quite had. Both of them got hot after they were separated. Doubt that's a coincidence.

Reactions: Hockey4Life91

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
Our third and fourth line have slowed down recently, and it was on full display yesterday.
Yes, they have. But it is far less so when Jospeh is in the lineup. The kid is absolutely dynamic. And if healthy, he should be in no matter what. Plus, as others noted, Miller just got back and was noticeably getting back up to speed last night. His timing was definitely off a bit.

We have discussed the serious conundrum that Coop faces when the playoffs start. We have three slots for Cally, Joseph, Erne and Paq to fill. Each player has strong arguments for why they should get the regular spot in the playoff lineup. Cally (forechecking, PK, "leadership"), Joseph (as I said, dynamic, PK), Erne (big body, can add scoring depth), Paq (big body, veteran, PK, some scoring depth - tends to get big goals in the playoffs). Perhaps I am an outlier here, but, as I mentioned above, Coop will make a grave mistake if Joseph isn't awarded the regular spot. Our offense is more dynamic with him in the lineup. He has the ability to score on the basis of his own efforts when the rest of the team is a tad bit off. His speed also really stretches other teams and gives them fits. Our other lines are already tough enough to deal with and then all of a sudden this kid is burning players like Doughty out there. This is what we need to get over the hurdle when our scoring touch goes dry. I also think that Paq, as a counterman who has won a fair amount of draws this season, will stay in the lineup regularly.

It then becomes a question of whether Coop will rotate the hot player between Erne and Cally, or whether Erne will be the odd man out.

Last edited:

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Yes, they have. But it is far less so when Jospeh is in the lineup. The kid is absolutely dynamic. And if healthy, he should be in no matter what. Plus, as others noted, Miller just got back and was noticeably getting back up to speed last night. His timing was definitely off a bit.
so first agreed on joseph missed him last night and my ultimate top two lines are joseph point kucherov and tyjo drej stamkos

miller was tough on puck and control of puck for him and cernak their size how they manhandle people at times is fun to watch for sure

about dom amazing guy looks like azz every game till when it counts he doesnt shut a door he slams it each time im expecting softies from all over nope he plays like wants a vezina when game is on the line. Hats off to the man cause he holds on to these wins when you watch first and second your like ohhhh this is gonna be a long night lol... AMAZING

next KUCHEROV I dont know what pace hes on dont really care but emmm remember when I said 120? not so far fetched anymore is it my friends?

not sure how joseph would work with kucherov think they both play that right side best but joseph would go to net he has the vision and speed of kucherov and point I think he is exceptional talent.

cernak ive fallen in love with where did he come from? strong on the puck hits reminds me of vladdy konstintinov for my money the best d man ive ever seen. Kid is just a beast

by the way look at the minutes a few seconds more then hedman this guy is LEGIT

speaking of hedman wow he made some nice plays guys think they past him nope that aint happening not sure this game or last he made an exceptional stick to stop a point blank shot yep was this game think was skinner cross ice pass within 8 feet of net and he blocks that shot that was huge was during the parade of penalties

as far as the penalties what utter bullcrap is going on lately teams taking liberties holdint sticks all the time etc..

i love that gourde popped a guy in mouth that stuff is getting old very fast....

imho first should have been 3-2 penalties and then got worse two high sticks and i counted 5 trips last night not called among the other bs.... is ok we took it to them where matters

try to be in here with you all my friends tonight last night computer was being a pain lol

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
We got “gifted” that power play after about 3 missed ones right in a row. And even then, we were only on a full power play one time the entire game.

I know the refs are scapegoats a lot of times a team loses but when you have a 4:1 ratio of Powerplays and you lose, maybe you should blame your Power play for not converting on any of your chances against a very “mediocre” goalie instead of the refs for calling a bad one at the end of the game.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

We have discussed the serious conundrum that Coop faces when the playoffs start. We have three slots for Cally, Joseph, Erne and Paq to fill. Each player has strong arguments for why they should get the regular spot in the playoff lineup. Cally (forechecking, PK, "leadership"), Joseph (as I said, dynamic, PK), Erne (big body, can add scoring depth), Paq (big body, veteran, PK, some scoring depth - tends to get big goals in the playoffs). Perhaps I am an outlier here, but, as I mentioned above, Coop will make a grave mistake if Joseph isn't awarded the regular spot. Our offense is more dynamic with him in the lineup. He has the ability to score on the basis of his own efforts when the rest of the team is a tad bit off. His speed also really stretches other teams and gives them fits. Our other lines are already tough enough to deal with and then all of a sudden this kid is burning players like Doughty out there. This is what we need to get over the hurdle when our scoring touch goes dry. I also think that Paq, as a counterman who has won a fair amount of draws this season, will stay in the lineup regularly.

It then becomes a question of whether Coop will rotate the hot player between Erne and Cally, or whether Erne will be the odd man out.

I have confidence Cooper will make the right decision and scratch Girardi and Callahan come the playoffs provided we are lucky enough to ice a completely healthy roster. Callahan had the least amount of minutes last night, Girardi only played slightly more than Sergachev because of all of the PK time he got.

For me the guy wearing the goat horns right now is Killorn. Gourde hasn't been very productive lately but he's still battling. Eventually our bottom two lines will get going but the nice thing is it really doesn't matter. Team is on vacation, just hope the stress free lifestyle doesn't breed complacency. Team has gone far enough without a cup to know not to get too full of themselves.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
So Kuch with 3 points, the Colorado duo get shutout, McDavid gets one. Oh. And the Leafs lost again.

We're still 10 points up on 2nd because Calgary has snuck up, but we have a game at hand. 13 points over Washington, 14 over the Leafs.

Haven't won a Cup...

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
I have confidence Cooper will make the right decision and scratch Girardi and Callahan come the playoffs provided we are lucky enough to ice a completely healthy roster. Callahan had the least amount of minutes last night, Girardi only played slightly more than Sergachev because of all of the PK time he got.

For me the guy wearing the goat horns right now is Killorn. Gourde hasn't been very productive lately but he's still battling. Eventually our bottom two lines will get going but the nice thing is it really doesn't matter. Team is on vacation, just hope the stress free lifestyle doesn't breed complacency. Team has gone far enough without a cup to know not to get too full of themselves.
Killorn was playing much better when he was on Cirelli's line. Coop needs to try somebody else with Stamkos.

Zeus Bojangles

Literally Illiterate
Feb 23, 2018
Killorn was playing much better when he was on Cirelli's line. Coop needs to try somebody else with Stamkos.
Couldn't agree with this more if I tried. Was glad to see the first step last night in moving Gourde back up in Killer's place. Still would like to see Joseph or Erne get an extended look with Stamkos. Both bring different strengths but I could see both succeeding...if the chemistry is there.

In my wet dream we get Panarin as a rental for Stammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad