GDT: #1 - 10/13/16 | islanders @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
So excited !
Of all the players for game one vs the islanders Klein would be in the top 3 I wouldn't want missing

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
Hmm maybe I'm a little late here... Nash is playing a 3rd line role to start the season?

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Hmm maybe I'm a little late here... Nash is playing a 3rd line role to start the season?

I mean, we go over this a bunch but AV wants 3 lines of offense and will generally roll them pretty evenly, though he'll give bigger matchups and a few more shifts to the lines that play the best

Nash in a 3rd line role doesn't mean he's a checker that's going to see 13 minutes per game, plus he'll very likely get power play and PK time.

It's more about creating lines and pairings that work rather than designating roles for those lines or pairings

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
I had the feeling that Vesey would play with Stepan from the outset. On paper, Nash Stepan Zucc seems like such a great combo but did this trio ever really do anything together? In that short stint the other night we got a small dose of that line and they looked really good. Nash was on the line with them rather then Zucc, however Stepan and Vesey appeared to have chemistry. In practice they must have really impressed enough that AV plans on keeping them together. But, in the pre-season I cant figure out Vesey just yet. Is he a Goal scorer? A Sniper, a two way forward?...Verdict isn't out yet but he did a little bit of everything well. The one thing we couldn't gauge was where Zucc fits in? In preseason we never got to see him adjust to the new linemates.

? /Two Way Forward/Playmaker
#26 #21 #36

Power Forward/Two Way Forward-Power Forward /Playmaker
#20 #93 #89

Power Forward /Two Way Forward /Two Way Forward
#61 #13 #10

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Meanwhile.. AV dreaming of a cup when he saw Pengs in the cup final this summer - so he had this genius plan! ...we need Nash on our third line, AV thought. ;)

GregNYR89

Mar 8, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
Excited about tomorrow!!! Only wish that Dylan was in the opening lineup. I want this kid to be given a real chance and not to see him on the ice only if someone is injured. He brings a lot to this team, sad to see it all go to waste. I'm interested to see what kind of "talk" he want to have to AV.

LGR!!!

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I had the feeling that Vesey would play with Stepan from the outset. On paper, Nash Stepan Zucc seems like such a great combo but did this trio ever really do anything together? In that short stint the other night we got a small dose of that line and they looked really good. Nash was on the line with them rather then Zucc, however Stepan and Vesey appeared to have chemistry. In practice they must have really impressed enough that AV plans on keeping them together. But, in the pre-season I cant figure out Vesey just yet. Is he a Goal scorer? A Sniper, a two way forward?...Verdict isn't out yet but he did a little bit of everything well. The one thing we couldn't gauge was where Zucc fits in? In preseason we never got to see him adjust to the new linemates.

? /Two Way Forward/Playmaker
#26 #21 #36

Power Forward/Two Way Forward-Power Forward /Playmaker
#20 #93 #89

Power Forward /Two Way Forward /Two Way Forward
#61 #13 #10

Calling Hayes and Miller two way forwards is a bit generous I think. Big Tuna is probably a two way forward as well at this level by Christmas.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I mean, we go over this a bunch but AV wants 3 lines of offense and will generally roll them pretty evenly, though he'll give bigger matchups and a few more shifts to the lines that play the best

Nash in a 3rd line role doesn't mean he's a checker that's going to see 13 minutes per game, plus he'll very likely get power play and PK time.

It's more about creating lines and pairings that work rather than designating roles for those lines or pairings

Yes. 3rd liners play about 13 ES minutes when AV has the depth to work with. Then add in PP and PK minutes.

mrmel329

Feb 28, 2013
Excited about tomorrow!!! Only wish that Dylan was in the opening lineup. I want this kid to be given a real chance and not to see him on the ice only if someone is injured. He brings a lot to this team, sad to see it all go to waste. I'm interested to see what kind of "talk" he want to have to AV.

LGR!!!

Hopefully one where he kicks AV's ass all over the locker room while the rest of the ***** rangers sit there watching ******** in their pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad