GDT: #1 - 10/09/14 | New York Rangers @ St. Louis Blues | 8:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

mti79

May 11, 2007
Sorry, I thought we all wanted to make the SCF again, my bad. :sarcasm:

Kidding, Winnie is only making an appearance for tonight. I'll be finding a new good luck charm within due time.

May I suggest Hayden Panettiere? She's smoking hot and I would enjoy looking at her more often.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Sorry, I thought we all wanted to make the SCF again, my bad. :sarcasm:

Kidding, Winnie is only making an appearance for tonight. I'll be finding a new good luck charm within due time.

harveyelbow.jpg

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Tough draw to open with one of the better teams in the league. At least it's not a ridiculous road trip to start the season.

Dunno, probably better to face them now in some ways. Defenses are usually sloppier at the start of the season so a strong defensive team like the Blues might make more mistakes now.

Either way I'm just hoping for a good game and none of that infuriating crap we had to watch at the start of last season

NYR89

Jul 29, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Dunno, probably better to face them now in some ways. Defenses are usually sloppier at the start of the season so a strong defensive team like the Blues might make more mistakes now.

Either way I'm just hoping for a good game and none of that infuriating crap we had to watch at the start of last season

That's also true. I look at last season and realize there is absolutely no way that this team starts off in the same fashion.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

Think I still have a SuckBad4Ekblad avatar on my computer somewhere lol.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
For all the hype the Blues get, their roster doesn't seem that impressive to me on paper. Their forward groups at least were better last season and the year before last season.

They are missing Gunnarsson though and their team specialty is tight defense.

This is quite easily the best group of forwards the Blues have had in at least a decade. Not sure what you're getting at.

Anyways, can't wait to start. The Blues have recently handled the Rangers but Lundqvist is just flat out due against us. Only team he has yet to beat.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
I'm sure they will be.

Out in 6 in the Quarters.

Would be a lot more convenient to play Philly, Pitt, and Montreal on the way to the goal though.

I'm a little worried about St Louis' physical game. That 4th line of Ott-Lapierre-Reaves wreaks of tomfoolery.

Trust me we don't like it either. Ott and Lapierre are both absolute clowns. It's one thing to bring a physical element like Reaves, but to go out there and just troll? I hate it.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013

Agreed and the same reason I'm happy we get a game against the East champs out of the way right now. The more lottery teams down the stretch the better.

MSL is playing center? Is that a first?

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Agreed and the same reason I'm happy we get a game against the East champs out of the way right now. The more lottery teams down the stretch the better.

MSL is playing center? Is that a first?

East champs*

*Only beat Philly, Pitt, and Montreal.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
This is quite easily the best group of forwards the Blues have had in at least a decade. Not sure what you're getting at.

Anyways, can't wait to start. The Blues have recently handled the Rangers but Lundqvist is just flat out due against us. Only team he has yet to beat.

I disagree, I think their forward group are missing guys like Perron and Sobotka.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Would be a lot more convenient to play Philly, Pitt, and Montreal on the way to the goal though.

Is this really necessary?

One, you're on our boards.

Two, you picked out the one guy who has a negative opinion of your team. The rest of us are certainly giving the Blues their due.

Three, the whole East vs. West conversation is really getting tired.

Bullseyes

Aug 16, 2013

Maybe I could take this more seriously if the Blues could get out of the first round. But they can't.

Anyway, hopefully tonight will be a good game.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Blues fan here.

Looking foward to seeing more of McDonaugh up close and on the same ice with Pietro. Not sure what to expect from Pietro paired with Cole instead of Bouwmeester (which was a dominant pairing last year).

The league doesn't know much about Lehtera yet, but I expect that to change quickly. I'm more excited for his addition than Stastny. I'm sure he'll have a bit of a transition to the small ice surface, but should be a significant contributor this season.

Biggest question marks for the Blues:

Can Berglund be an effective winger, and on the Backes line? He's got the shot for it, but hasn't shown the aggressive insticts to shoot as much as he needs to.

Will Elliott/Allen hold up as a tandem? In short stretches and as a back-up, Elliott has some of the best stats in the league over the last 3 years. (I know you're not impressed....Lundqvist is awesome.)

Will Tarasenko become a proven 30 goal scorer? I can tell you, on Stastny's line he's expected to actually be a 40 goal player this year.

Hitchcock is giving lip service to playing the top 3 lines equal time. We'll see. Last season the Backes' line was was relied on heavily for defensive situations.

So glad the season is starting.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010

Your best forward group in years has a 3rd line center as the top line LW and Joakim Lindstrom?

I'm sorry to hear that

skymachine

Aug 2, 2005
New York
Maybe I could take this more seriously if the Blues could get out of the first round. But they can't.

Anyway, hopefully tonight will be a good game.

To be fair, it's irrelevant since tonight is a regular season game, not a playoff game. The Blues are a very strong regular season team.

And also, the Blues have been knocked by the Blackhawks and the Kings (2x) in the past 3 years. Basically the cream of the crop of the NHL. We didn't fair much better against the Kings then the Blues have.

RR10*

For all the hype the Blues get, their roster doesn't seem that impressive to me on paper. Their forward groups at least were better last season and the year before last season.

They are missing Gunnarsson though and their team specialty is tight defense.
You've got to be kidding right? Adding Stastny, Lehtera, Lindstrom and Gunnarsson makes the Blues much better and deeper. Lehtera could be the steal of the year in the NHL. People, especially fans from other teams, dont know how good he is, they are judging by his name which is fairly unknown, but the guy is a playmaking stud and could be the Blues first line center in the nearest future. Watch out for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad