GDT: #1 - 10/09/14 | New York Rangers @ St. Louis Blues | 8:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
For all the hype the Blues get, their roster doesn't seem that impressive to me on paper. Their forward groups at least were better last season and the year before last season.

They are missing Gunnarsson though and their team specialty is tight defense.

This.

Blues are overrated.

SupersonicMonkey*

Time to take care of business.

Let's Go Rangers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Upon further review, I think you're right. Putting Fast there may make a line that is too young.

Even though Fast is very, very good defensively, Stemp is still the seasoned vet in that aspect of the game. Stemp looks a little stronger out there than Fast right now physically (not saying Fast is weak). I'd rather avoid an all youngster line in the top 9. Fast is still going to get valuable PK minutes. But after watching preseason, all the reports on Stemp were accurate, the guy is just so smart out there in his own end, positioning wise, and on the back check.

Zuccarello Awesome*

Posting in my first GDT. Cant wait to see meaningful hockey tonight. LGR :yo::yo::yo:

Welcome!

Awesome username!

Rangers win 4-2 with goals by Duclair, MSL, Miller, and a PPG from Dan Boyle!

Can't wait!!!

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zuccarello Awesome*

As far as rookies being inexperienced, Fast is the least of my concerns.

He's been playing professionally against men for years (SEL, AHL, NHL).

Miller has some experience at the highest levels over the past few years as well.

Duclair and Hayes are green, but that's what leaders like MSL are for.

Zuccarello Awesome*

This.

Blues are overrated.

For once, we agree ;P

They match up better against the bigger Western teams, but in all honesty, this isn't a very fast Blues team.

If we skate the way we're capable of skating, our team speed will dictate a pace that the Blues won't be able to keep up with.

Zuccarello Awesome*

I wish Fast kept #91. Numbers in the 90's look badass. Reminded me of Bure / Stamkos when he wore 91, haha!

19 is fine though.

Hayes chose 13, and it looks like either Duclair is going to stick with 63, or the Rangers are waiting until after the 9-game set to see if he stays with the team before they allow him to choose a permanent sweater number (most likely the latter, IMO).

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
I wish I could switch off my brain, and flip it back on when the game is about to begin.

It's excruciating sitting here at work with the game 7 and a half hours away.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
One game at a time.

The goal is the playoffs and then the goal changes.

I feel like the Rangers have the team depth to have a better regular season than last year and if they take care of business we'll have to see what they have going into the dance. I think they lost a couple of big time gamers in Boyle and Stralman and that will be tough to completely replace.

But the foundation is largely intact and thats what wins championships. The roster as we see it now will be quite different than the one heading into the playoffs im sure. It always is.

So for now they need to focus on setting the wheels straight for a better start to the season than last year. I think we'll see some good things up and down the roster but I'm mostly concerned with what Nash, Boyle, Kreider and Miller provide this team. But i feel this roster can definitely do some damage in the East starting from the crease on out.

One game at a time. It starts tonight!

Ragnarok14

Nov 25, 2011
Deutschland
I have a feeling that Glass and Reaves scrap tonight.
I think final score is 3-2 OT win.
Goals by MSL, McDonagh on the PP , and Kreider with the winner.
Tarasenko/McIlrath and Oshie score fr the Blues.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
For once, we agree ;P

They match up better against the bigger Western teams, but in all honesty, this isn't a very fast Blues team.

If we skate the way we're capable of skating, our team speed will dictate a pace that the Blues won't be able to keep up with.

Their forwards yes, but the defenseman are pretty good skaters, a very mobile bunch. I got the pleasure (puke) of seeing Bouwmeester quite a bit down here and the one thing that dude can do is skate. He maybe Charmin soft, but he can skate.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I wish Fast kept #91. Numbers in the 90's look badass. Reminded me of Bure / Stamkos when he wore 91, haha!

19 is fine though.

Hayes chose 13, and it looks like either Duclair is going to stick with 63, or the Rangers are waiting until after the 9-game set to see if he stays with the team before they allow him to choose a permanent sweater number (most likely the latter, IMO).

Stamkos still wears 91.

Wolfy*

Hagelin-Brassard-Zuccarello

The buddy line. These guys hang out a lot when off duty, they obviously never get tired of each other's faces. Hags and Zucc spent the summer in Spain.

But this should really help them playing very well together :)

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Hagelin-Brassard-Zuccarello

The buddy line. These guys hang out a lot when off duty, they obviously never get tired of each other's faces. Hags and Zucc spent the summer in Spain.

But this should really help them playing very well together :)

Yeah I liked Kreider on the line, thought they were starting to gel but Brassard requested Hags. So maybe there is something to the chemistry thing.

It's too bad they didn't sign Pouliot to an initial multi year deal last year, they were some line. Moving on though, Hags has an entirely different skill set, which may alter the lines complexion but not necessarily hurt it, if you get my meaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad