Post-Game Talk: #1 - 10/05/17 | avalanche @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
By your wording, you were implying they didn't gain the zone with speed.

Reread what you wrote.

By “they” I mean NYR. I was responding to a post that said NYR can’t gain the zone with speed, saying they seemed to get a lot of high quality chances for a team that supposedly couldn’t gain the zone with speed.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
This is true. He’s not much of a passer. I wonder if he will adapt since his possession game isn’t what it once was.

I've always found Nash to be an underrated passer. I've seen him make some pretty fancy tape to tape passes. Unfortunately, I think he constantly feels pressured to score, so he throws everything on net...bad angle or not.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Nash is a good passer, yeah I agree - if it`s better to pass due to narrow angle someone should remind him. :)
Zucc is almost the opposite of Nash - he has a good accurate shot, but he use it too seldom so he often pass instead.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Defense on all teams in the league will tighten up and get better as the season progresses. Happens every year.

Offense looks great for most teams, and then the D catches up.

I agree that defense gets better as the season goes along, but we have a lack of good defenders. McDonagh is a great defender, one of the best in the league. Besides him, where are the good defenders? Smith is okay, but if we are counting on him to be our second best defensemen, we are in trouble. Skjei projects as more of a defensive defensemen than offensive defensemen, but last season he was good offensively and bad defensively. He needs to take a big step defensively this season, otherwise we are in big trouble defensively. If he can, the D becomes much better. Staal is a DFD, but he can't defend very well anymore. Shattenkirk and DeAngelo are good players, but defense isn't their game.

We don't have the best defensive forwards either. Our best defensive forward was traded. It also doesn't help that we have two goalies who don't seem very likely to play all that well this season.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
We could need a new game thread, and we should create a post-game topic right after the game, and it should not be based on results. Because replying to quote tunnels and 30+ pages game thread is not ideal for us or moderators.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad