GDT: WCQF | GM5 | Vegas Golden Knights at Dallas Stars | 6:30PM CT | ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The way Hill has played coming into the playoffs sounds like we're throwing in the towel, especially if Karlsson doesn't play at they go with Mantha over Dorofeyev.

This move is really confusing to me. Hill never had to face the barrage last postseason that Thompson has been facing. Thompson was stopping tons of tough shots, this just seems risky to throw Hill in there and if he's even remotely not sharp some of these saves you were getting now might be goals

Reactions: Summer Rose

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
with pdb's rep for not making adjustments, this could be bad for dallas.

Save for swapping Wyatt and Pavs, they've played practically the same style with the same lines all year and it has worked really well - including the last 2 games. Not sure why PDB should adjust to morning skate lines for Vegas.

If anything, the zone exit adjustment the Stars/PDB made going into Game 3 is probably the only reason this game is happening tonight.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
This move is really confusing to me. Hill never had to face the barrage last postseason that Thompson has been facing. Thompson was stopping tons of tough shots, this just seems risky to throw Hill in there and if he's even remotely not sharp some of these saves you were getting now might be goals
Maybe he's hoping the team will show up for Hill. It's probably anecdotal, but I have noticed going back to the 22 season, just how often the team leaves Thompson high and dry. As I said after game 3, this team has wasted so many excellent LT performances and that wasn't even the worst example of it.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Zeke reunion in big D all bust solidifies Texas taking this series.
1714587386599.gif

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
I would suggest that there is a very good chance of the Knights making it to the game in Dallas this evening, assuming no air traffic congestion between Palm Springs and Dallas Love Field.

palm_sprins_golf.jpg

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
The ref not blowing the whistle when Bishop was down in Game 6 :confused:

Benn not curling that wraparound in Game 7......think they scored the winner something like three minutes later. :banghead: :laugh:

EDIT: Just went back and watched it again, how cool would it have been if Parayko just wristed it into his own net. Came pretty close, too.

Last edited:

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Dallas has to win tonight if you ask me. They were good in these spots in the regular season and always made it 3 wins in a row after dropping a couple. If Vegas turns the tables here it puts the Stars in an uncomfortable position.

And I think they should. Although, the Stars amazingly haven't beaten Vegas in regulation in their own barn for 10 straight games and they've lost the last 5. You never know how much those things come to play.

But yeah, I'm kinda picturing a close win tonight, Vegas avoiding elimination at home and then a dramatic game 7.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
So Lian Bischel sent to Texas. One would think it will be tempting to bring him up if he looks at all decent in the AHL.

I keep marveling at Dallas playing 5 d and giving Nils 1 to 2 minutes in the first and then he watches for the night.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
with pdb's rep for not making adjustments, this could be bad for dallas.
And yet, he made adjustments to win games 3 and 4. That included going back to the season long line combos that worked well after switching them up to unsuccessfully counter Vegas.

It seems going back to combos where players are familiar with each other worked for Dallas. I don't believe (but we will find out) that switching lines wholesale will work for Vegas.

Cassidy's smarter move was to change goalies. We all know Dallas gets creamed by backup goalies, like games 1 and 2. That made Thompson the starter, and then we beat him after that. Now, we are playing the backup again, who will most likely pitch a great game, sadly.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Will Stone and Karlsson contribute anything in this series? Only thing Stone has done is give the Knights more haters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad