GDT: #1 - 10/05/17 | avalanche @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
Lack of finish. Not a good result against a dumpster fire team in the home opener. Better come out angry on Saturday.

RiceCooker

"We Got Some Looks"
Mar 6, 2007
Home !!
Zibby is a good 1st/2nd line center, the problem is our center depth drops off a cliff after that and I'm not sure I like JT switching from wing. It would be imo the final big piece of the puzzle if NY could somehow trade for an excellent 1st/2nd line center(not a serviceable one like Hayes but a really good one) something the team is seriously lacking .
I know it's much easier said then done but this team is going nowhere with just one good center.

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
It's hard not to overreact when you lose to the Avalanche. But Varlamov's selfish a** decided to play tonight so i guess unlucky for us. My issue is how this defense is going to deal with Toronto on Saturday. If our top-6 keeps playing the way it did tonight (minus Chytil, nervous debut) then i am not worried about offense. McDonagh i think did not play his best hockey tonight, Smith was a mess at times, and Staal will not keep giving 110% because that is physically impossible for him to do day in day out. TonyD and Skjei cannot be our only defense behind Shatty against the Leafs top-6. Im faithful in this season but I'd buckle in for a rough start. Saturday/Sunday Leafs/Canadiens. Tanking for Dahlin still an option ;)

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
We`re at a steady pace to a really high draft pick & lottery! :)
I admit I did not see this coming a loss after such a magnificent pre show in MSG!! I`m just sad now. :(

Reactions: NYR

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Outplayed them pretty handily imo. Sucks to lose but they very easily could have won had Varlamov not been superhuman in the third.

Imo Zibanejad could have seriously had 4 or 5 had he been shooting in a goalie putting up an average performance.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Unpopular opinion: Marc Staal looked ok tonight
Outside of his hitting he was his usual self imo..

He was slow and bad with the puck.. multiple times duchene or mackinnon blew past him and decided to pass or go around the net instead of cutting infront of hank at the risk of taking some punishment...

Griffinbw

Feb 19, 2016
Atlanta
We`re at a steady pace to a really high draft pick & lottery! :)
I admit I did not see this coming a loss after such a magnificent pre show in MSG!! I`m just sad now. :(
We've been historically bad in home openers. Feel like there was a 5/6 year losing streak up until 15-16. Not worried

Reactions: Ori

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Nash-Miller-Zucca domination in..

T minus 8 games...
Bingo. I'm cool with letting Chytil finish his cup of coffee, and then moving to a top-6 of KZB and Nash-Miller-Zucc

I did like some of what I saw from Chytil tonight. The penalty was unfortunate, but he's a kid and Landeskog was kind of off balance to begin with. He made a really nice play keeping the puck on a string after losing his balance to get the puck through the neutral zone. He should've shot it on the 2-on-1 too, but the nerves probably got to him.

THere was a lot to like out of tonight's game. The transition speed up ice was ridiculous.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I don't see the point in overreacting but if we treat this like any other game I don't see the harm in critiquing..

McD on for 3 GA.
Shattenkirk on for 3 GA.
Zbad on for 2 GA.

It's worth talking about.

While Shattenkirk got a assist and Zib got 2 goals..What's gonna happen in the defensive zone this year?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
If this wasn't the season opener, but some random game in late November/early December, I feel like the reactions would be a lot different.

Maybe even if this was the season opener against the not-Avalanche.

Reactions: NYR Lurker

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
If it makes anyone feel better... The pens are getting embarrassed right now, AND the pens lost to the Avs in their third game last season. Not the end of the world

Hey you, stop being reasonable and start overreacting. The sky is falling, if you haven’t heard.

The Wild also lost 4-2 to the Red wings, who are worse than Colorado imo. Does that mean Minny is gonna suck this season.

Ppl need to stop drawing conclusions for the entire season based on the first game of the season. Same way if we won 10-0 we shouldn’t draw conclusions the other way.

Pitt losing to Colorado in game 3 last season, then winning their second straight Cup is perfect example of why to not overreact.

Reactions: Griffinbw

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Bingo. I'm cool with letting Chytil finish his cup of coffee, and then moving to a top-6 of KZB and Nash-Miller-Zucc

I did like some of what I saw from Chytil tonight. The penalty was unfortunate, but he's a kid and Landeskog was kind of off balance to begin with. He made a really nice play keeping the puck on a string after losing his balance to get the puck through the neutral zone. He should've shot it on the 2-on-1 too, but the nerves probably got to him.

THere was a lot to like out of tonight's game. The transition speed up ice was ridiculous.

Agreed 100%

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Zucc had -2 too as well, Nash & Chytil -1 not a surprise it`s a new line playing against their top lines, but yeah since they were playing on our 1st pairing. M Staal & DeAngelo with 0 who had a good game, same with Skjei & Smith thought they a good game for most part.
We miss J. Fast out there too - very noticeable in this game unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad