GDT: #1 - 10/05/17 | avalanche @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Goalies at this level stop like 97% of non-deflections/screens/rebounds
Sure, but that Barrie goal wasn't a standard unscreened shot, it was an odd man rush to the high man in the slot with time and everywhere to shoot. Obviously itn's not a guaranteed goal, but a shot on the rush from a primo spot like that has a much better chance of going in than an unscreened point shot.

Reactions: nevesis

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Oh and Shattenkirk rates extremely well in goals against, so I'm not sure why this even comes up with him.

Like, he's a good +/- player.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
On a positive note, the KZB line was...

09e.gif
I didn't think they were very good.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Sure, but that Barrie goal wasn't a standard unscreened shot, it was an odd man rush to the high man in the slot with time and everywhere to shoot. Obviously itn's not a guaranteed goal, but a shot on the rush from a primo spot like that has a much better chance of going in than an unscreened point shot.

Not shitting on Hank.

Just making a point that you can't just hand out goals against to defensemen.

You can only do that to a goalie, and even that has to be egregious.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Yeah things aren't perfect for sure but it's opening day, teams usually look kind of off and sloppy for awhile. I feel like I say this every year...

They need to tighten stuff up a lot but there's a fair amount of good out of this game as well

Yeah.. Agreed.
I'm just trying to make conversation as opposed to MH who's whining like a little girl lol

Reactions: nevesis

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Would I have liked us to win impressively...something of the 6-1 variety? Of course.

Am I in danger of about going to slit my wrists like some of my brothers in here and thinking season is over? Ummmm....probably not. My dog did know to stay away but I think I'll make it till next game alive and well for Toronto Saturday night....hah.

I'm a little concerned about some of our brothers in here tho....lo

Ok we somehow lost to the worst team in hockey. Yeah it's a bit embarrassing and unexpected but **** happens sometimes. I saw some real good things tonight. Zibbby obviously looked awesome. Shatty looks like he's going to be as advertised. I liked the compete level of the Buch's, Vesey's, Zuccs

Am I in danger of about going to slit my wrists like some of my brothers in here and thinking season is over? Ummmm....probably not. My dog did know to stay away but I think I'll make it till next game alive and well for Toronto Saturday night....hah.

I'm a little concerned about some of our brothers in here tho....lo

Ok we somehow lost to the worst team in hockey. Yeah it's a bit embarrassing and unexpected but **** happens sometimes. I saw some real good things tonight. Zibbby obviously looked awesome. Shatty looks like he's going to be as advertised. I liked the compete level of the Buch's, Vesey's, Zuccs

That worst team in the league is tied for the Presidents trophy right now.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I agree, but I'd like to see Hank towards the top of his crease for the Barrie shot. Barrie had time and so did Hank. I understand it was an odd man situation but he still could have afforded to challenge a bit more imo.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I agree, but I'd like to see Hank towards the top of his crease for the Barrie shot. Barrie had time and so did Hank. I understand it was an odd man situation but he still could have afforded to challenge a bit more imo.
Yeah, perhaps a bit more. Credit to Barrie though, shooting low blocker side in that situation has got to be the hardest spot for the goalie to stop. The play moving the other way, Hanks coming out to challenge and essentially shooting across the grain.

I think that's a save Hank makes more often than not once he's into his rhythm and fully on his game.

Last edited:
Reactions: romba

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Went to see Alvvays tonight, so I missed the game. The guy in front of me smelled god-awful. It was a sign...

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Zibby is a good 1st/2nd line center, the problem is our center depth drops off a cliff after that and I'm not sure I like JT switching from wing. It would be imo the final big piece of the puzzle if NY could somehow trade for an excellent 1st/2nd line center(not a serviceable one like Hayes but a really good one) something the team is seriously lacking .
I know it's much easier said then done but this team is going nowhere with just one good center.

I think it's pretty obvious, at least to me it is, that GMJG around trade deadline or before it, will somehow, someway trade for another center if need be. We have the assets to deal for one if need be and so for now, Gorton and the mngt team wants to see how the current group will respond and perform. I think we are going to be fine for now. Everyone needs to chill and relax. Yeah we lost on opening day to a shit team. We are going to beat Toronto and everyone who is stepping off the ledge is going to change their tune.

All is good my friends. We saw some good things tonight. The Shatty and Zibs chemistry warms my heart....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad