3 'Stars' of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Coaches don't like players like TDA. Brings offense but sometimes looks bad on defense. It doesn't matter that he's a net positive, their risk aversion will have them playing guys like JJ over him.

cough cough PK Subban getting treated like absolute garbage on his way out of Montreal by a buffoon GM and an even bigger buffoon coach

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Wow - more intelligent ramblings from MahomesIsGod. Did you actually get that with your communications degree or is their any semblance of intelligent thought in those one or two cells joined together to form your brain? I will wait with baited breath for your next gem of intelligence. Before you post that go play with your marble collection!
I love a good burn every now and then, but this aint it fam.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
My god the overreactions in here based on 1 game, in a season without exhibition games. My one complaint is that when things were out of hand, they should give Lafreniere some time with Zib and see how it looks.
Agree but the funny thing is.....it didn't take long for Quinn to switch up lines. I am NOT one for switching during games. Even if it isn't working......FORCE THEM into sticking it out. There's rarely magic in that perverbial bottle. All it does is cause confusion. And too many men too often. That should NEVER happen with a well coached team. AV anyone? Theres my proof.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
@True Blue
Kakko struggled badly
Howden struggled badly
Andersson terrible player but he left
Kravtsov left didn’t love the messaging from Quinn playing his best away from him
Barron didn’t do what was expected here in camp
Gauthier can’t get any real mins can’t score can’t defend after dominating the A
Lemieux has regressed to trash
Hajek approaching bust status after initially coming into lineup and playing well before injury
Kakko was an 18 year old, moving across to a different continent. Kravstov pouted and picked up his ball and went home.

Barron didn't play up to whose expectations? Yours? He is straight out of college. And what is it that you can glean from two weeks of camp.

Gauthier has been showing himself to be the player that Carolina had no problem trading. Hajek was not laying well full stop. We can discuss Lemieux as I think that he can be more.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I’m not high on Quinn by any means but scratching a guy after his mouth doubles a penalty in a penalty ridden game isn’t that weird or unusual.
Players take unsportsmanlike penalties all the time, I don't see them getting benched he next game. Sure a shift or two, but the next game? This is just Quinn being Quinn again, unable to see the bigger picture.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Trueblue30

Jan 31, 2009
There is no problem with sending a message and benching him for a game. However your message as a coach must be consistent. Your message becomes useless when you are rewarding Johnson with continued and likely increased ice time for his poor play and early killer penalty.

You lose the trust of players. Consistency and fair treatment across the board needs to be there

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
My biggest problem with Quinn is he is one of these everyone has to earn it coaches and even a guy like Laf isn't going to be handed anything. Which on the surface seems fair but the rules for "earning it" are arbitrary and based on intangibles that rarely show up on the scoresheet or any other useful measurable metric. Then you end up in these scenarios where guys like ADA, and Kakko are benched then Howden, JJ et al. are force fed minutes. Laf should be getting over used everywhere including PP1 until he absolutely shows he's just not ready for that. I can't really defend giving Kakko top minutes anymore because he has pretty mush shown he's not ready for it, but some of that is on Quinn.

Last year fire Quinn was mostly a meme, if this keeps up it will be unironic by March.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
There is no problem with sending a message and benching him for a game. However your message as a coach must be consistent. Your message becomes useless when you are rewarding Johnson with continued and likely increased ice time for his poor play and early killer penalty.

You lose the trust of players. Consistency and fair treatment across the board needs to be there
There is exactly zero point zero pointing to Quinn loosing the trust of players.

Reactions: haveandare

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Players take unsportsmanlike penalties all the time, I don't see them getting benched he next game. Sure a shift or two, but the next game? This is just Quinn being Quinn again, unable to see the bigger picture.
I never said it happens literally every time, I’m just saying it’s not that unusual. For a very young team especially you should establish that 100% preventable penalties like that are punished

EdJovanovski

#RempeForConnSmythe
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I'm glad Lafreniere is in the top 6 over Kakko now, he is definitely more ready for it. I know people don't want to overreact after one game but Laf probably should've been put on that line from the start.

Reactions: leetch99

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Quinn has given more chances and opportunity to Howden than he has to Kakko. I understand “earning it” but if you’re not doing anything to try and put him in positions to succeed how is he supposed to earn it?

Young kid trying to find his way is constantly met with negative reinforcement from his coach. When he gets a chance to play with good players it lasts 3 shifts before being taken away.

I don’t think Howden has shown any indication at all at the NHL level that he has potential as a power play guy and he definitely hasn’t earned the constant opportunities he’s given.

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Quinn has given more chances and opportunity to Howden than he has to Kakko. I understand “earning it” but if you’re not doing anything to try and put him in positions to succeed how is he supposed to earn it?

Young kid trying to find his way is constantly met with negative reinforcement from his coach. When he gets a chance to play with good players it lasts 3 shifts before being taken away.

I don’t think Howden has shown any indication at all at the NHL level that he has potential as a power play guy and he definitely hasn’t earned the constant opportunities he’s given.
The fact is, at a certain level this "you have to earn it" BS needs to end and top players/prospects need a bigger leash.

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008

I can't...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad