GDT: #1 • "Wild Western Series: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly" • Canucks @ Oilers • Jan 13 • 8 PM • SN

Will the Oilers make the playoffs this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Russell is a good option for 7th Dman.

He's also stands as the "bar" that our younger kids on the blueline have to clear to make it onto the roster. He's overpaid at $4mill, but at $1.25 for a season he's fine. Probably even "tradeable".
I can understand we need an extra D to meet the expansion draft requirement but Russell has always been overpaid. 4M to be a #5 D which is one of the reason why we couldn't ice a contending team for years. 1.25M is also overpaid to be a #7 D. That extra money could already been used to extend RNH

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Rishaug was terrorizing all the player interviews yesterday by talking with his phone down his throat.

Pumped for game 1! Hope Bear and Jones are ready for a full year of top 4 D ice time!

Reactions: Oilhawks

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Thanks for this.
Larssons goal diff against Elites is better than Barrie's but it looks like middle competition just eats Larsson alive lol

Barrie's looks like he gets better with lower competition, Larsson almost gets worse? That's odd lol

I guess maybe Larsson plays a simpler and more physically punishing game against elites because he's really focused on shutting them down (which he's quite good at) but doesn't know what to do with the extra time and space against middle comp? I can see Larsson choosing to play more physically against the opposition's top players, and he's at his best when he's physical.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Still not understanding why he was re-signed
????????

Have you been living under a rock? Oilers made it clear he is for Seattle. Oilers need to expose a D

Unless Klefbom is far more injured than we know

Oilers are protecting Klef, Nurse, Jones and Bear

my guess it will all be for naught as Seattle will take Lagesson is the oilers have to protect him

Asiaoil

Vperod Bizona!
May 3, 2002
Visit site
We are going to be better this season - a lot better. Starting lineup for G1 in 2019-2020 season was largely AHL quality after the top line and RNH to be honest and bottom 6 was -26 last year.

Opening Day 2021
Neal McDavid (one leg) Draisaitl
Nygard RNH Kassian
Khaira Colby Cave Josh Archibald
Granlund Haas Chiasson

Klef (one arm) Larsson (broke leg in 1st period)
Nurse Bear
Russell Benning
Smith

Opening Day 2021
RNH McDavid Kassian
Kahun Draisaitl Yamamoto
Archibald Turris Puljujarvi
Ennis Khaira Chiasson

Nurse Bear
Jones Larsson
Koekkoek Barrie
Koskinen

We've come a long way in 15 months. I prefer Ennis on L3 and Nygard/Haas on L4 with Nurse/Barrie and Koekkoek/Bear but that will come in time. By the end of the year if we get another goalie and Ennis/Archie are fighting for 4th line minutes we will be a contender.

My spidy sense is flashing that James Neal's commitment to be a solid NHLer again lasted one season. The guy seems to have arrived late (why?) and out of shape (why?) and clearly wants to be back in Nashville (his own words in a recent Nashville newspaper article). He might be buried on the taxi squad and then bought out next summer if anyone jumps up and grabs tbose bottom 6 LW jobs.

Asiaoil

Vperod Bizona!
May 3, 2002
Visit site
You have to understand who else was on the ice with Larsson when playing middle competition last year. That would be Sheahan, Khaira, Archie, Haas, Granlund, Nygard, Chaison, Cave. The results are not surprising.

Reactions: ujju2 and nabob

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
The Canucks no longer have Markstrom, Toffoli and also now Miller (injury/Covid).

No excuses, gotta come out of tonight with 2 points.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Can you pass me a link to Where you read it? I can’t find anything on their website. This isn’t like the covid where I need sources , I’m just genuinely curious so I can read it too
Can u remind me which one. I’ll look it up

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Are you pregnant?

Hey, my wife just gave birth today to our daughter earlier this morning. Now I have snipes jr and snipesette jr. Wasn’t going to mention it but this was one of the first things I read on HF after the delivery. Serendipitous I suppose.

Her being born on Connor McDavids birthday and the day the NHL returns is a sign from the hockey gods.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Hey, my wife just gave birth today to our daughter earlier this morning. Now I have snipes jr and snipesette jr. Wasn’t going to mention it but this was one of the first things I read on HF after the delivery. Serendipitous I suppose.

Her being born on Connor McDavids birthday and the day the NHL returns is a sign from the hockey gods.

Dude that is fantastic!!! Congrats on the wonderful gift!!!!!

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014

Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot