GDT: #1 • "Wild Western Series: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly" • Canucks @ Oilers • Jan 13 • 8 PM • SN

Will the Oilers make the playoffs this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Hey, my wife just gave birth today to our daughter earlier this morning. Now I have snipes jr and snipesette jr. Wasn’t going to mention it but this was one of the first things I read on HF after the delivery. Serendipitous I suppose.

Her being born on Connor McDavids birthday and the day the NHL returns is a sign from the hockey gods.

Geeeez that starting lineup from last year........Yikes

Damn snipes your kid is learning fast and posting here already!

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
My new commercial I can't stand is that truck commercial where they hum the tune of "Na na na na hey hey hey good bye"

I will complain about this commercial numerous times tonight.

Reactions: oilers'72

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I love that Tippett is playing Koekkoek over Russell and am a bit shocked to be honest, unless Russell has an injury we don't know about.

With all due respect to Klefbom, Russell and Benning who have been fine in their roles, it's going to be so refreshing to see a defense that can move the puck like just about every other NHL defense has been doing the last 5 years. We went from one puckmover to start last season in Bear to four guys now in Bear, Barrie, Koekkoek and Jones. It'll be a higher event defense but a lot more fun to watch.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Damn snipes your kid is learning fast and posting here already!

The OG snipes is a good teacher :)

Thanks for the congrats bro she’s beautiful and healthy, big blue eyes like her old man. Pretty cool she shares a birthday with my favourite hockey player too.

Another benefit is it was early in the morning, so I can be home for the game to watch it live. Always thinking about my peeps at HF and watching it live with you guys. Man, I am hockey obsessed, but as an Albertan is there really any other way to be?

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT

Thanks for the congrats bro she’s beautiful and healthy, big blue eyes like her old man. Pretty cool she shares a birthday with my favourite hockey player too.

Another benefit is it was early in the morning, so I can be home for the game to watch it live. Always thinking about my peeps at HF and watching it live with you guys. Man, I am hockey obsessed, but as an Albertan is there really any other way to be?

Getting ready for the game, she sounds like a daddy's girl already. She might be captain of the women's national team in the future with the amount of passion for hockey in that household.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Hey, my wife just gave birth today to our daughter earlier this morning. Now I have snipes jr and snipesette jr. Wasn’t going to mention it but this was one of the first things I read on HF after the delivery. Serendipitous I suppose.

Her being born on Connor McDavids birthday and the day the NHL returns is a sign from the hockey gods.

Congrats!!!

Reactions: oilers'72

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown

Congrats man!

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Earlier in the thread you stated "just win baby" Now hours later you won a baby. Buy a lottery ticket too.

heh congrats!

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB

Congrats man, big moves!

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

Congratulations man!! That's fantastic!!!!

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I love that Tippett is playing Koekkoek over Russell and am a bit shocked to be honest, unless Russell has an injury we don't know about.

With all due respect to Klefbom, Russell and Benning who have been fine in their roles, it's going to be so refreshing to see a defense that can move the puck like just about every other NHL defense has been doing the last 5 years. We went from one puckmover to start last season in Bear to four guys now in Bear, Barrie, Koekkoek and Jones. It'll be a higher event defense but a lot more fun to watch.

I'll take this version of high event vs. the old version hands down. My opinion is that the perception of players like Barrie being bad defensively is old thinking. They may have defensive deficiencies when in zone, but their ability to make plays going the other way negates the need to defend, which actually makes them good defensively in a weird way.

I can live with some defensive miscues that we'll get with this group. I just want to say goodbye to the play in series style Oiler puck moving where possession by a d-man gets you one of icing, missed pass, turnover, or hold for the forwards to change. 15 years is far too long to watch this plodding, inept with the puck style of defense, especially with the weapons up front.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012

Amazing news! Congrats to you and the wife on the growing family!

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
tenor.gif

When your baby shares McDads bday^

Congrats dude!

Kepler 186f

Red Shifted
Dec 17, 2007

Congratulations.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

Congratulations!

Wife: Honey, would you like to hold the baby?

Snipes: One sec, just letting the boys on HFOIL know about the baby and checking the starting lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad