GDT: 03/25/2013 | Minnesota Wild @ Dallas Stars | 7:30 PM CST FSN & FSWI

mnwild*

Jul 22, 2011
Nairobi, Kenya
5:15 central time. Party still going. Moved on to rum/coffees and menthol cigarettes at this point. I watched this game with a friend not too big into hockey. I think he go weirded out when i was punching the floor and screaming when the wild scored. Id just turn around and say damn that booz you got was pretty strong eh?

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
I am so psyched over this team right now. I can't believe how great we have been playing. To think we beat:

Nashville, Vancouver, Detroit, and Dallas given Suter going back to Nashville, and not winning in years in those other three cities... it's just incredible! Let alone our six game win streak!

The one guy I am so happy for is Mikko Koivu. First of all, the guy had one of his best games last night. Secondly, he finally has enough talent around him. You can just see it in his eyes, hear it in his voice, how happy he is right now. He deserves it. And the Wild fans deserve it. :cheers:

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
How do those compliance buyouts work? Does Leipold just write Heatley a check for what he's due and send him on his way with no cap hit?

I'm like 90% sure its 2/3rds maybe 3/4ths of their remaining contract to buy them out and no cap hit. But we have been paaaaarrrrttyyying too hard since the lockout so it could of fogged my memory just a little. They have to clear waivers first.

Last edited:

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
The one guy I am so happy for is Mikko Koivu. First of all, the guy had one of his best games last night. Secondly, he finally has enough talent around him. You can just see it in his eyes, hear it in his voice, how happy he is right now. He deserves it. And the Wild fans deserve it.

I agree, but I don't think we can give all the credit to the Wild. ;)

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
FYI It makes things more entertaining when you treat people as the predictable bit they continue to portray themselves as.

As for the game, great to see yet another W. Yeo continues to roll four lines when the game is dictating he shouldn't, though. Almost got him burned last night as the 4th line allowed the tying goal and put them short in a serious hole that they climbed out of.

Thought Brodin started very poor but played better as the game went on.

Great effort in on the forecheck all night; notably the top two lines.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
I would never have believed a game ending 7-4 would have been so close. What a nail-biter with a throbbing no-I'm-gonna-stay-sitting-for-a-minute finish.

It looked like the majority of the time, Suter and Brodin weren't playing together. Or did I just notice it the few times they weren't? And how the hell do the Wild score 7 goals (end question one) and Suter doesn't get any points?

Agree with whoever said Falk had his best game. If Brodin was wondering why his bacon pouch was light before the game, I think I know who had shifty eyes and a greasy chin.

I don't think much needs to be said for Parise. Bees could easily have had 4 or 5 goals alone.

When Bouchard got smashed at the end of the second, it sent him into a Hulk rage. Anyone else see him charge three times the speed of anyone else, back down and across the ice to try to make a hit? He had to turn it off at the last second when the guy stopped suddenly, but if he hadn't we would have gotten to see his Kool-Aid Man impression. He was so into it he probably would have pulled off his helmet to reveal a little face drawn in black marker and a glass handle and little arms and legs all on his forehead while he shouted OH YEAH at whoever it was. Maybe next time.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
When Bouchard got smashed at the end of the second, it sent him into a Hulk rage. Anyone else see him charge three times the speed of anyone else, back down and across the ice to try to make a hit? He had to turn it off at the last second when the guy stopped suddenly, but if he hadn't we would have gotten to see his Kool-Aid Man impression. He was so into it he probably would have pulled off his helmet to reveal a little face drawn in black marker and a glass handle and little arms and legs all on his forehead while he shouted OH YEAH at whoever it was. Maybe next time.

What is this i dont even...?

This guy is gold.

Karl

Feb 4, 2005
The State of Hockey
Who cares if how the Wild score as long as they score? I would rather see the Wild score "ugly goals" and win than score a few pretty goals and lose. What exactly is wrong with the makeup of this team? The Wild are one of the top teams in the league now and I have never been more excited about this team than I am right now.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
God those aren't even clever anymore, they should stop doing that.

I think it's kind of silly. And yeah they should stop doing that... but I kinda hope they dont. I like seeing the NHL.com headline writers embarrass themselves like that.

Honestly, I'm gonna miss Heatley if we buy him out. Sure he's overpaid, and he's slow, but he's still a great person to have on the team.

Same here. I think if we have any room at all on the roster next season we should keep him around, and then after his contract is over tell him if he ever wants a job after he's hung up his skates, he's gone one waiting for him here. Or maybe he takes a huge discount to be "that veteran" to mentor the kids.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
The Wild are one of the top teams in the league now and I have never been more excited about this team than I am right now.

^ Me too!

We have so much to be excited about. Imagine how secure Parise and Suter feel right now knowing they have proof they made the right decision signing here past the hometown (Parise, Suter's wife) reasoning.

We are on such a great roll right now! I haven't been this excited since the Wild became a franchise.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Who cares if how the Wild score as long as they score? I would rather see the Wild score "ugly goals" and win than score a few pretty goals and lose. What exactly is wrong with the makeup of this team? The Wild are one of the top teams in the league now and I have never been more excited about this team than I am right now.

Agreed. There is no such thing as style points. Look at HOFer Dino Cicarelli, you could probably say the majority of his 600+ goals were of the garbage variety.

I don't care how they look as long as they go in.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Eh they were ugly to look at maybe but they were produced by hard work. Parise's first by Parise himself, his second by Koivu, Heatley's by Brodz and Clutter, etc. Work like that tends to be rewarded.

00xtremeninja

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Another thing to think of in regards to "ugly" goals is that, sure they are the wack and stab it in type, but sometimes those are the types of games you are going to get into and you have to win those too. What has been refreshing to see with this team is that they are winning the different types of games. Come playoff time, those game 5/6/7 get to be really chippy and ugly style goals. Score from the point, score from the slot, score from tips on rebounds, I dgaf, just get the puck in the net which is what they have been doing.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Agreed. I dont give a darn if a goal is a gorgeous one or the ugliest flop goal ever. It's still a goal. We can talk about how pretty it is after its scored.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
My favorite part? When he's down at 0:06 mark.

so hilarious. love to hear a Dallas fan defend that in some way, but then they're pretty used to that sort of thing from the good ol' Ott days.

Teddy10Beers

Dec 31, 2011
Minnesota
So ... we had the absolutely clownish dive by Adam Burish on Saturday followed by this nonsense by Antoine Roussel last night. Neither was penalized; both gained an advantage for their respective team by duping the eminently dup-able refs.

Claude Julien was right ... embellishment is not just a problem in the NHL; it's an embarrassment (he just chose the wrong game to make his point).

As long as (some) players think they can get away with this BS they'll keep doing it. If the refs aren't capable of policing this like they should then maybe it's time for the league office to expand Shanahan's mandate to include embellishment. If Burish got 5 games for embarrassing the league maybe he (and others) would be less inclined to pull these stunts in the future.

What you saw with Burish on Saturday was what you might expect to see in a professional soccer game, and whenever the NHL gets compared to professional soccer ... that's not a good thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad