GDT: #01 – Senators at Sabres – Thu Oct 8, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B, Bell TV

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I am so happy that this season is Finally starting! I haven't been this excited for a Sabres season in a long time, and I am always excited about the start of the Sabres season, so...
No real expectations though. I just want to see them learn to execute Bylsma & Terry Murray's offensive and defensive systems properly and gel together as a team. I also want to see Lehner to get his feet back under him and get his game up to the level he is capable of.

This season is a win-win as far as I'm concerned. If we are in the hunt for a playoff spot, that's great. And if we end up with one more top 5-10 pick, that's fine too. This draft looks pretty good for defenseman and 1 more high pick would cap off this rebuild nicely. I am obviously rooting for a playoff push, but I'm good either way as long as we look like a competition team (which I'm sure we will).

Im just so happy that hockey is back!

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
CQzllFWU8AAPhVN.jpg

Sold to Arizona, and one on loan to Carolina and NJ.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
Does Comcast really only deliver one game per night in HD for Center Ice? I see 2 SD broadcasts and 0 HD in my guide.

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
Does Comcast really only deliver one game per night in HD for Center Ice? I see 2 SD broadcasts and 0 HD in my guide.

I can't speak for Comcast specifically, but typically the cable companies that carry center ice tend to be lacking in the HD broadcast department. It's a bandwidth thing I guess? DirecTV doesn't have that issue tho. Almost all games are HD and you almost always have the choice between home/away broadcasts both in HD.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I can't take any team with Bobby Ryan as one of its main pieces serious.

To be fair hes just one of our top 6 players. Hes not even on the first line and isn't our best or even second best forward. I'd take turris and stone miles ahead.

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
New Sabres fan from Europe here ... really excited about upcoming game. I won´t even go to sleep, just to be sure that I don´t miss it ...:)
Let Eichel era begin :handclap:

Welcome to the blue and gold!

However, before clicking 'Accept' there are a few things you must agree to:

1. You will hate and be utterly disgusted by anything involving the name/face of Brett Hull. No exceptions.

2. You must shed a tear upon hearing the names Danny Briere or Chris Drury.

3. When watching the Sabres feed, pay close attention to Rob Ray and contribute in the thread titled 'Razor Burns'. It sews happiness.

4. Girgensons will not be traded for anything less than a defenseman of Karlsson's or OEL's caliber. Please voice this opinion loudly and frequently on the main boards.

5. Finally, buckle up! We've waded through an amazonian sized river of **** to get here, and we finally have our shiny new toys and inflated expectations. This year is going to be an emotional ride, that's for sure :popcorn:

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
I can't speak for Comcast specifically, but typically the cable companies that carry center ice tend to be lacking in the HD broadcast department. It's a bandwidth thing I guess? DirecTV doesn't have that issue tho. Almost all games are HD and you almost always have the choice between home/away broadcasts both in HD.

Comcast has always been that way with Center Ice. I even talked to their customer service, who told me they had no plans at the time to increase the number of HD games that were offered. That's why I dropped it a few years ago for Gamecenter Live. Watching hockey games in SD on a 50" tv, is beyond torture.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Ha. Murray on WGR (At 716)

"There's a good looking girl looking over my shoulder"

"What was the was the question again?"

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Welcome to the blue and gold!

However, before clicking 'Accept' there are a few things you must agree to:

1. You will hate and be utterly disgusted by anything involving the name/face of Brett Hull. No exceptions.

2. You must shed a tear upon hearing the names Danny Briere or Chris Drury.

3. When watching the Sabres feed, pay close attention to Rob Ray and contribute in the thread titled 'Razor Burns'. It sews happiness.

4. Girgensons will not be traded for anything less than a defenseman of Karlsson's or OEL's caliber. Please voice this opinion loudly and frequently on the main boards.

5. Finally, buckle up! We've waded through an amazonian sized river of **** to get here, and we finally have our shiny new toys and inflated expectations. This year is going to be an emotional ride, that's for sure :popcorn:

todays the first day of the past being in the past; Briere, Drury, and Hull will no longer be names that elicit a negative emotional response

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad