Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Hooray for rooting to win!
CQzllFWU8AAPhVN.jpg

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
And it may take some time for him to get on his feet, especially being so young. I'm hoping he isn't persecuted on here after one of two bad games.

I'm hoping he isn't persecuted until we build an actual NHL defense in front of him. There's 1 top 4 NHL defensemen in the lineup tonight... and he's about to turn 21 yrs old... and sat out most of camp/preseason.

Weber-Franson... just knowing that it's a pairing, lowers a goalie save percentage by 10 points. :laugh:

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Clarke MacArthur returns and Puempel back to the AHL. OTT's defensive pairings the same as yesterday.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Come back soon, Bogo. :cry:

No prediction on who wins, but I'm excited to watch some hockey and actually cheer for my team! :laugh:

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Putting two rookies together on the second line seems.. interesting. If it isn't working I can easily see anyone form the third line swapping with Reinhart during the game.

But oh god how did Cola beat out both McCabe and Donovan he is absolutely awful. He's also the worst thing you can pair with Risto right now who hasn't shown he's shaken the rust off yet. That pairing is going to get lit up. Bogo needs to get back ASAP.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
The question mark is Lehner. He has a lot to live up to.
Was going to disagree slightly until i saw this:

I still think the D is a bigger question mark. Will they surprise us or will they be the turd everyone thinks they'll be?

I am gonna go 5-4 Buffalo with a little 3-3 OT sprinkled in for fun. GWG goes to Kane with a beauty of a pass from Eichel.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Putting two rookies together on the second line seems.. interesting. If it isn't working I can easily see anyone form the third line swapping with Reinhart during the game.

But oh god how did Cola beat out both McCabe and Donovan he is absolutely awful. He's also the worst thing you can pair with Risto right now who hasn't shown he's shaken the rust off yet. That pairing is going to get lit up. Bogo needs to get back ASAP.

I expect Bylsma to pay enough attention to not give them difficult minutes defensively. That's what the ROR and Girgensons lines are for.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn

You could also argue that the defense is a question mark, but I'd counter that there are no questions about this defense: They will unquestionably be very bad.

It's kind of depressing that we have such an imbalance between the quality of our forwards and defense, even though I understand and agree with the decisions that were made to get here. Trades for top 4 D are becoming very rare, and draft/develop takes time, so there are no apparent short cuts to fix the back end. Hopefully they surprise us.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
I expect Bylsma to pay enough attention to not give them difficult minutes defensively. That's what the ROR and Girgensons lines are for.

Why would you bother with matchups when you can just put out whoever is competing the hardest?!

It'll be nice if we can see big league coaching like that.

Siege Rhino

Feb 26, 2015
Ramsey Canyon
Not sure how it will turn out, but very excited to see Eichel and Reinhart playing together. Haven't been this excited for a Sabres game in a few years.

Work must go faster!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Why would you bother with matchups when you can just put out whoever is competing the hardest?!

It'll be nice if we can see big league coaching like that.

We can put the "Compppeeeetz" signs in as a free gift for whoever picks up the tank pictured above. :laugh:

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC
I'm guessing it's already been talked about but there's reportedly a free Center Ice preview going on until the 27th for anyone not in the Buffalo area

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Bylsma said McCabe will dress as 7th defenseman for warm-ups; Donovan's out. MacArthur will be a game-time decision for Ottawa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad