GDT: #01 – Flyers at Sabres – Sun Jan 20 – 12:30PM ET – TV: NBC – Radio: WGR-AM

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
he says "like" a lot too. Give him a break though he's probably nervous and speaking his 2nd language.
Yeah I know. It was just too much for me this time. There are a lot of native English-speaking sports players who say "you know" way too much too. It seems to be a thing.

flyingpig

Pay the Troll Toll
May 26, 2006
Pay the troll toll
So Wayne Simmonds weights 183 lbs per the Flyers website at 6'2". On CBSportsline he is 175 lbs.
I thought he was much bigger guy. Vanek weighs 25 + lbs more.

Fire Lindy

Trust the System
Jan 3, 2011
So Wayne Simmonds weights 183 lbs per the Flyers website at 6'2". On CBSportsline he is 175 lbs.

Would have figured he weighs more too since he plays quite physical as well. I'm 6'0" 185 and no means a big guy, pretty darn skinny actually..so 6'2" 175-183 is very skinny.

6'2" 175 lbs means we are talking Miller skinny..

clumping platelets

I do not care how many times Grigs says "you know"...........I just care how many times he scores a goal, assists on a goal, stays out of the penalty box, and covers his defensive responsibilities

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

CBSportsline is probably years out of date. The Flyers listing is probably from this year's or last year's weigh-in on the first day of camp. Considering his age it would be expected that he'd have added a solid 8 pounds of muscle over the past few years.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
I thought the Sabres looked pretty solid in their first game. The centers played well and Ott got in a chipper. I was impressed as you guys shalacked what will be the first of many on Ilya Bryzgalaxyquest.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I do not care how many times Grigs says "you know"...........I just care how many times he scores a goal, assists on a goal, stays out of the penalty box, and covers his defensive responsibilities

I know you like, like goals, you know? But i like good interviews, like a lot, you know?

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Rob Ray was the worst "y'know" guy I've ever noticed and he's a native English speaker. He said it as a grace note before nearly every sentence, it was distracting as hell once you realized it was happening. He's gotten much better in recent seasons. Grigorenko gets a pass, he seems like an intelligent kid who has a lot on his plate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad