GDT: #01 – Flyers at Sabres – Sun Jan 20 – 12:30PM ET – TV: NBC – Radio: WGR-AM

dugman

Mar 21, 2008
Grigs didn't play any shifts with Scott. He played with Ott and Hecht primarily and occasionally Kaleta was out there instead of Hecht. Who exactly is he supposed to play with when Leino's out injured and he's not in the top 6? After the top 6 the best "skill" players left are Ott, Hecht and Kaleta.

Not sure why you are in a panic about Grigs. Ruff praised his play, particularly his play in our zone.

Ott and Hecht both played in special teams situations today. When Grigorenko came out for the next shift, one or the other had just finished a shift, so Kaleta became his linemate. Not line juggling, not busting him down to the fourth line, just getting him shifts at even strength.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Ott and Hecht both played in special teams situations today. When Grigorenko came out for the next shift, one or the other had just finished a shift, so Kaleta became his linemate. Not line juggling, not busting him down to the fourth line, just getting him shifts at even strength.

I know all this and never asserted Grigs was demoted. So I'm tad confused you're quoting me.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
For all you really young people, John LeClaire shot the puck, in the playoffs, through the side of the net. Hasek was our goalie, and he looked down, to the left, to the right and just wondered how the frig that went in. Supposedly, all goals are reviewd but a goal.

the picture to always remember is during the intermisson, Darcy Reigier, was standing on a chair in the referee booth pointing at a tv screen screaming "wtf, it wet through the side of the net!!!!!!"

http://espn-ak.starwave.com/nhl/2000/20000414/recap/bufphi.html

It was one of those times when you earn respect for someone, Regier in this intsance, just nice.

To add, I recall media reports that Hasek told the refs it went through the netting and they ignored him...

That, plus the cup defeat to the Flyers in '75 no Sabre fan will ever complain about the refs screwing the Flyers.... oh, the home playoff game six we recently lost to the Flyers is fresh in many minds as well.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
Grigs didn't play any shifts with Scott. He played with Ott and Hecht primarily and occasionally Kaleta was out there instead of Hecht. Who exactly is he supposed to play with when Leino's out injured and he's not in the top 6? After the top 6 the best "skill" players left are Ott, Hecht and Kaleta.

Not sure why you are in a panic about Grigs. Ruff praised his play, particularly his play in our zone.

I'm not in a panic, don't know how you interpreted that. I'd prefer to see him on the power play over players like Foligno and Stafford when his game is essentially ideal for that sort of situation. I saw him out there more with Kaleta than I saw with Hecht, when I did see Hecht and Ott out there with him, they were able to get some offensive zone time, as opposed to when Kaleta is on their line, they were stuck in their end A LOT. Maybe I'm just seeing things selectively, but that's how it looked to me.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I'm not in a panic, don't know how you interpreted that. I'd prefer to see him on the power play over players like Foligno and Stafford when his game is essentially ideal for that sort of situation. I saw him out there more with Kaleta than I saw with Hecht, when I did see Hecht and Ott out there with him, they were able to get some offensive zone time, as opposed to when Kaleta is on their line, they were stuck in their end A LOT. Maybe I'm just seeing things selectively, but that's how it looked to me.

Maybe panic is too strong a word.

But there seems to be a few posters that are already nervous after today's game that he might not produce enough in his first 5 gms to stay, particularly in light of the various youngsters around the league that had big games yesterday. So they are calling for him to get better line-mates and have a bigger role (more PP time,etc). Basically calling for Ruff to gift more prominent offensive situations to hopefully boost his production.

He doesn't warrant at this stage of his career being force feed better offensive situations. For starters it puts unneeded pressure on the kid and whats likely going to keep him here is is defensive zone awareness and positioning. I'm not really worried at all.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Maybe panic is too strong a word.

But there seems to be a few posters that are already nervous after today's game that he might not produce enough in his first 5 gms to stay, particularly in light of the various youngsters around the league that had big games yesterday. So they are calling for him to get better line-mates and have a bigger role (more PP time,etc). Basically calling for Ruff to gift more prominent offensive situations to hopefully boost his production.

He doesn't warrant at this stage of his career being force feed better offensive situations. For starters it puts unneeded pressure on the kid and whats likely going to keep him here is is defensive zone awareness and positioning. I'm not really worried at all.

Grigs has 4 more games, if he stays or goes the Sabres will be fine... What he needs to do in these four games is show the coachng staff the team will be better with him on the roster... It's not about Grigs, it's about the Buffalo Sabres.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Grigs has 4 more games, if he stays or goes the Sabres will be fine... What he needs to do in these four games is show the coachng staff the team will be better with him on the roster... It's not about Grigs, it's about the Buffalo Sabres.

Well said

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
didn't read the thread.... but did the usual suspects all go bonkers when Hecht got that shift with Hodgson/Poms?

I was glad Vanek got benched after that lazy change led to a goal against
I was glad we had a veteran like Hecht available to both step in and make the 1 shift benching possible

Vanek sure woke up after that... lol

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
didn't read the thread.... but did the usual suspects all go bonkers when Hecht got that shift with Hodgson/Poms?

I was glad Vanek got benched after that lazy change led to a goal against
I was glad we had a veteran like Hecht available to both step in and make the 1 shift benching possible

Vanek sure woke up after that... lol

Vanek actually wasn't benched. He had a skate problem and went to the locker room to get it fixed.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Vanek actually wasn't benched. He had a skate problem and went to the locker room to get it fixed.

Thank you! No way to know that watching NBC (if the announcers said something about a skate repair, I never heard it.)

So I assumed Lindy was pissed because Vanek was out there too long and out of position on the 1st Flyer goal.

Now I'm thinking that lazy loop he took was probably because he lost an edge or similar.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
The only reason I knew it wasn't a bench was someone in the chat posted Bill Hoppe's tweet that Vanek wasn't on the bench...that meant either equipment or injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad