mechaphil

Jan 18, 2010
BFLO
www.blackbluegold.wordpress.com
LZDcx.gif

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
With the amount of times Don VanMassivehoser has screwed the Sabres, it's about time some of his Mr Magoo antics go their way.

Besides, it's not like the Flyers haven't gotten their share of calls **coughcoughLeClairThroughThe6Holecoughcough**

Freezerburn

Mar 20, 2003
Quoted for truth.

I don't think you know what being unreliable with the puck means. It doesn't have anything to do with his ability to shoot the puck.

Off game for him overall IMO but gets the goal and the team gets a big first win so hopefully he can build off this in future games.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Besides, it's not like the Flyers haven't gotten their share of calls **coughcoughLeClairThroughThe6Holecoughcough**

lol.... yeah, I didn't hear any Flyer fans complaining about that goal... Hasek called it but the refs blew him off... It's really tuff to score goals when there are holes in the net..

The Washer

Feb 7, 2011
"I'm surprised by how many goals Myers scores from his wrist shot and how few from his slap shot"

Have you seen the front of a net? Slapshots are extinct. Rare does one ever get through for a SOG but chances are better for sumone getting killed. International style rinks would solve this. Hmm what I wouldnt give for a thundering Al Macinnis slapper from the point and 100pt Defensemen again.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Technically, but the ref screwed up without question.

Not to belabor the issue but the puck's under Miller's glove and a Flyer forces it out and it dribbles into the net. I think the ref's brain (oxymoron?) told him to blow the whistle when it was covered but the sound didn't get made until the puck is starting to cross the line.

I believe my friends who are refs would tell me that he was slightly out of position and should have been moving towards the back of the net instead of standing still off to the side.

Short version... TS Philly..... :sarcasm:

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
"I'm surprised by how many goals Myers scores from his wrist shot and how few from his slap shot"

Have you seen the front of a net? Slapshots are extinct. Rare does one ever get through for a SOG but chances are better for sumone getting killed. International style rinks would solve this. Hmm what I wouldnt give for a thundering Al Macinnis slapper from the point and 100pt Defensemen again.

Blocking shots has gained popularity in the last several years... a slap shot gives defenders one or two seconds to block the lane... A wrister does not allow setup up time for the defender....

Hey Danny Gare, we could use you! ;)

The Washer

Feb 7, 2011
Blocking shots has gained popularity in the last several years... a slap shot gives defenders one or two seconds to block the lane... A wrister does not allow setup up time for the defender....

Hey Danny Gare, we could use you! ;)

Sliding Blocked shots have only speed up the extinction of the slapshot. Even less ice surface when you have two guys laying down in front of the net. No air on the shot, no get through. Put air under the shot and someone is gonna die. There simply is a severe lack of ice surface and I get the feeling that wont change until someone in fact, does get killed. Either via a shot or crushed into glass/boards. #2Big2Fast2LittleIce

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Sliding Blocked shots have only speed up the extinction of the slapshot. Even less ice surface when you have two guys laying down in front of the net. No air on the shot, no get through. Put air under the shot and someone is gonna die. There simply is a severe lack of ice surface and I get the feeling that wont change until someone in fact, does get killed. Either via a shot or crushed into glass/boards. #2Big2Fast2LittleIce

International rink size would change the NA game but there is zero chance of that happening.... When Vancouver can get Olympic rinks changed to NA rinks during the winter games based on trumped up Arena configurations one knows it will never change..

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
Ennis or Hodgson

who should sit so grigs gets more ice time?

I don't know if you're being serious or not, but I'll go more in depth to what I said earlier about Ruff handling Grigs improperly.

I'm not saying that the guy should be centering our top two lines, but don't play him with Kaleta and Scott, give him shifts with Hecht and Ott(whom he played with a lot, I know), I liked what those guys did with Grigs, they had some good chances in the second.

I'm not expecting him to come out and light the world on fire, but give him some second unit PP time, he's infinitely better than Stafford with time and space, maybe he gets a point here or there and builds some confidence, but he's not going to do much of anything offensively if he's playing with Kaleta(who is awful offensively).

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
I would take Foligno off the PP and put Grigs on it. Foligno doesn't belong on a PP. Love him, but thats not his game

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Tuff call.... Hodgson looked good today, Ennis not so much.... pick.

I thought Ennis looked pretty good, he seemed to be everywhere in the offensive zone. Both young Cs stepped up.

I'd like to see Grigs get more time on the PP or at least get some of the after-penalty shifts when the lines are all messed up.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I'm fine with how Grigs was used today. Game 1, baby steps.

if Ott converts that slick feed we'd be thrilled with the point.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I don't know if you're being serious or not, but I'll go more in depth to what I said earlier about Ruff handling Grigs improperly.

I'm not saying that the guy should be centering our top two lines, but don't play him with Kaleta and Scott, give him shifts with Hecht and Ott(whom he played with a lot, I know), I liked what those guys did with Grigs, they had some good chances in the second.

I'm not expecting him to come out and light the world on fire, but give him some second unit PP time, he's infinitely better than Stafford with time and space, maybe he gets a point here or there and builds some confidence, but he's not going to do much of anything offensively if he's playing with Kaleta(who is awful offensively).

Grigs didn't play any shifts with Scott. He played with Ott and Hecht primarily and occasionally Kaleta was out there instead of Hecht. Who exactly is he supposed to play with when Leino's out injured and he's not in the top 6? After the top 6 the best "skill" players left are Ott, Hecht and Kaleta.

Not sure why you are in a panic about Grigs. Ruff praised his play, particularly his play in our zone.

Last edited:

SabresFanNorthPortFL

Aug 9, 2007
North Port, FL

For all you really young people, John LeClaire shot the puck, in the playoffs, through the side of the net. Hasek was our goalie, and he looked down, to the left, to the right and just wondered how the frig that went in. Supposedly, all goals are reviewd but a goal.

the picture to always remember is during the intermisson, Darcy Reigier, was standing on a chair in the referee booth pointing at a tv screen screaming "wtf, it wet through the side of the net!!!!!!"

http://espn-ak.starwave.com/nhl/2000/20000414/recap/bufphi.html

It was one of those times when you earn respect for someone, Regier in this intsance, just nice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad