Post-Game Talk: 0-for-5 on the PP and the last 5 games, Jets lose 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
we need one of our streaky scorers to get going and carry the offense a bit, connor/toffoli/nino or perhaps vilardi comes in and gets going

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
After eating those two Arby's, it must have took a lot out of me as I missed the third period because I fell asleep. Don't think I missed much, did I? Same ol' results, you can't win if you can't score. Simple as that. Until they can figure out this scoring thing, they aren't winning many games. I give this game one disappointed Gremlin out of five...

giphy.gif

The Prediction Contest for the game against the Ottawa Senators has been posted for your guesses. As @Grannyjetfan pointed out, adding the point totals for the game was a good idea, so I posted those as well. If you are missing points, please let me know. Thanks again to @tbcwpg for posting the GDT for today's game, I appreciate it! I will still be on my Arby's road trip, so if someone could make a GDT for the game on Saturday, I would be most grateful...

giphy.gif

See you then! Good night...

giphy.gif

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
There is no PP in the NHL as bad as the one that trots out wearing Jets' uniforms... They sucked in game #1 and except for a handful of games in the middle, they will suck in game #82... and because of that suckage it will cost them in the playoffs.
Actually there are 10 teams with worse power plays, believe it or not

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
They played very hard but a lack of finish and the pp cost them yet again.

We frustrated Vegas and got them to take penalties all night but they were very clinical when they needed to be. That to me is the difference between the two teams atm. They can ratchet the physical and defensive effort up but they have another level in terms of decisive/precision puck movement that we don't have.

Still we could have easily won this game. But I do think they really need to take a hard look at some things.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
They played better than I expected but the final result on the scoreboard ended up being what I thought it was gonna be.

I've like Appleton's game lately... should get a shot on the 2nd PP unit, he has a surprisingly solid one-timer from the left circles.

Crazy how this season has turned out, from looking nearly as good as the 17-18 team to this which is replay of the 18-19 season.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
Not being negative, but I'm genuinely curious. Jets struggle to break through a defense. They rarely get those high-danger chances and are usually stuck on the perimeter of the offensive zone.

Is it a system problem? A talent problem? Do we need a game changing 1C that can take over a game like the top centers of the league can?

It seems like they're not capable of finding that killer instinct that other championship teams typically have.

When the Oilers got screwed by the refs at the end of our game, they came out FIRED UP and that momentum continued into overtime when they won it. Are we capable of the same momentum driving passion? I haven't seen it this year.
The short answer is they do not have that killer instict. The top players aside from Morrisey do not ' hate' to lose. They get over it too quickly and chalk it up.to there are 82 games.

Reactions: Aries56

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
So I don’t know… somebody tell me why whoever is supposed to be in charge of our power play is still employed.
It is because the Jets don't "fire" anyone. Maurice, while not a bad coach, was well beyond his best before date and seemingly everyone knew it but management did nothing.

It's the loyalty thing. I get TNSE needs to be like that, moreso with players than coaches, but it's an organizational philosophy. It's quite noble and at the same time utterly foolish.

I'd proffer they can be loyal and still not be stupid. Assign Lauer to zone breakouts or neutral zone tactics and get someone else to run the effing powerplay.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Not being negative, but I'm genuinely curious. Jets struggle to break through a defense. They rarely get those high-danger chances and are usually stuck on the perimeter of the offensive zone.

Is it a system problem? A talent problem? Do we need a game changing 1C that can take over a game like the top centers of the league can?

It seems like they're not capable of finding that killer instinct that other championship teams typically have.

When the Oilers got screwed by the refs at the end of our game, they came out FIRED UP and that momentum continued into overtime when they won it. Are we capable of the same momentum driving passion? I haven't seen it this year.

It's something I've noticed as well. I definitely think a lot of it is systems. Look at what we are trying to create for the most part. There is a concerted effort to shoot from range for tips/rebounds on lines 2-4. Really only the top line has a license to be creative.

Vegas on the otherhand attacked in layers and had players rotating and jumping in and out of space and that is where they put the puck.

You can't tell me we don't have high IQ offensive players that can switch aggressively and pull teams out of place.

Bones's schemes also have a history of depressing offense to achieve his defensive results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad