Post-Game Talk: 0-for-5 on the PP and the last 5 games, Jets lose 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Serious question: is there a rule that high allows a team the opportunity to turn down a PP opportunity? The PP does more harm than good as it further lowers team morale and momentum.
You can always high stick the player of your choice on the faceoff.

Some old player from Winnipeg died with CTE and of course there was a picture of dirty Bobby Clark absolutely with the dirty hit on the poor guy at the boards. Clark goes low with his knees bent and killed the guy. I hate Bobby Clark.

Reactions: RestlessYoungZero

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
The effort was there and the chances were there - but what in the hell is 55 doing jumping on a guy that could easily smoke him when Dillon is already out there - does he think that is his role? One of the dumbest things I have ever seen on a sheet of ice.

Anyway, aside from the above and the PP of course, the team looks like they are ramping it up - not sure what they are going to do about the PP - it needs to be destroyed and rebuilt - maybe with a few guys that will pass less and shoot more.

I'm trying hard to stay positive . . . . .

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I'm thinking move Scheifele to the bumper, Vilaridi down low, Nik and Joshua running the pp and KFC shooting from the other side
I think the problem with the pp is that we have these positions and the players all go to them and stand there. They need to just take advantage of the fact that they have an extra player and be fluid and creative. Create some chaos.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Vegas is slowly starting to wake up....no Pietrangelo, no Hertl yet and no Stone....and yet they just gained 5 out of 6 points on the road against some tough teams.......if they get healthy by the playoffs they will be a problem for the other Western Powers.
yes, when they get their full 350 new york yankee payroll roster ready for playoffs they will be very hard to handle

Reactions: surixon

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Vegas is slowly starting to wake up....no Pietrangelo, no Hertl yet and no Stone....and yet they just gained 5 out of 6 points on the road against some tough teams.......if they get healthy by the playoffs they will be a problem for the other Western Powers.
Yeah they moved back into 3rd and looks like LA is going to lose. I'm sure Oilers won't be looking forward to playing them in the first round.

Reactions: Devonator

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
This season can’t end soon enough.
Playoffs are a different animal.
Jets will be fine.
Hanging on to my bandwagon ticket.

F387303C-5B53-42E7-94D6-B7CD16D33469.jpeg

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The effort was there and the chances were there - but what in the hell is 55 doing jumping on a guy that could easily smoke him when Dillon is already out there - does he think that is his role? One of the dumbest things I have ever seen on a sheet of ice.

Anyway, aside from the above and the PP of course, the team looks like they are ramping it up - not sure what they are going to do about the PP - it needs to be destroyed and rebuilt - maybe with a few guys that will pass less and shoot more.

I'm trying hard to stay positive . . . . .
That's the frustrating thing for me, they actually did play a really good game and made Vegas look quite bad in their own zone most of the night...except on the power play.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
All these games list on “not playing the right way” are on individuals, not on the team as a whole. This game wasn’t so bad, but the Jets find themselves in the place they are in with veterans , the prime culprit being the ultra talented Connor, refusing since being drafted to commit to playing the game on both sides of the ice.

I get it, he’s a winger being paid to pick his spots to fly the zone, but his game and the Jets win column would benefit greatly from hunting the puck.

The F1 forward places pressure

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Well, outside of the powerplay I think the Jets played well until the call was overturned.

Vegas got called a lot but also got away with a bunch more. A couple of fairly egregious high sticks, one one Samberg, one on Lowry.

I disagree with the overturning of the call on the elbow. My view is that the Vegas player pretty clearly extended his elbow away from his body into the point of contact which was the head. Didn't Dillon get assessed a suspension for a relatively similar player and the rationale was that he should have been aware the players head was down? How is this different. I don't believe it is and it's yet another nail in the coffin of the league losing a lawsuit for CTE trauma down the road. They just don't do anything with consistency. The PA doesn't help, but the league is the one that has to own it.

Scheifele needs to think. Bravo on the stepping up, no question but there needed to be more thought. I disagree with the misconduct but as @Jet explained that's a rule in the league in the last ten minutes of the game, so it was the right call as little as I may like it.

Also can @Ponds dig up their post on Brad Lauer while he was in Anaheim I think it was? Seriously: #firebradlauer.

And look, I'm completely aware that the Jets aren't going to fire anyone, which is one of the organizations' fatal flaws, but pull him off the power play role for heaven's sake. Yeah, we got a bump with Monahan coming in but we're right back where we were prior to the arrival of him and Toffoli, so that was a trade-for-a-cat bump or something, but the approach still sucks bad. We're ranked 22nd I believe with 18.26 success rate. 10% points behind the best in the league. We score on one of five and I believe the outcome of this game (not to mention a couple of others) is different and we likely aren't losing five in a row. That impact cannot be downplayed. Seriously we might as well decline, take two minutes off the clock and re-start the game 5 on 5.

This isn't a bad team, the pieces are there. They may well be tired and slumping but with some changes and thought they could easily bounce back to being competitive. How about we do that, m'kay?

Also kudos to Stanimal for a good game. He'll need to learn to punch though if he's going to play like that because sooner or later he'll get a rep and have to face a real fighter not of his choosing. That currently won't end well. But aside from one dangerous, ill thought out pinch that didn't burn us, I otherwise liked his game.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
The worst thing that could happen to this franchise would be to crawl into the playoffs and be shown the door quickly. Imagine fighting for first most of the season, hitting the skids and golfing by the end of April, I for one did not see this happening.

I think the problem with the pp is that we have these positions and the players all go to them and stand there. They need to just take advantage of the fact that they have an extra player and be fluid and creative. Create some chaos.
They sure like to admire there passes, passes and more passes like they are trying to score the most beautiful pp goal each and every time. Put 2 guys in front of the net and start firing the puck.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
The worst thing that could happen to this franchise would be to crawl into the playoffs and be shown the door quickly. Imagine fighting for first most of the season, hitting the skids and golfing by the end of April, I for one did not see this happening.
if we play like we did tonight and the 1st/3rd of the edmonton game and get any sort of pp production we should be able to make a series with who ever we get

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad