Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Bad news.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/08/david-price-mark-lowe-toronto-blue-jays-mlb

Newly acquired ace David Price confirmed that he highly dislikes new teammate Mark Lowe, another trade deadline addition, after Lowe revealed his apparent dominance over the lefty in what is presumably a hockey video game.

Dammit, already bad blood in the clubhouse. What a classless bunch.

There is hope, though:

This fraught clubhouse drama likely will not abate until Troy Tulowitzki unifies the group by firmly establishing himself as the gamer to beat on the Blue Jays’ roster, or whenever Lowe and Price team up to play against Jose Bautista, only to lose in a shootout, with Bautista flipping the controller away in majestic disgust after scoring the decisive goal.

Thank goodness we have Tulo. Following in his hero's footsteps.

#JeterWouldBeProud

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Not sure what you mean. When you buy postseason tickets its just generic games (ie ALDS Home Game 1, ALDS Home Game 2 etc)

I thought the way it worked was you buy a pack of predetermined games. Once post-season tickets are potentially made available, those with flex packs have the opportunity to upgrade without facing the onslaught of the general public fighting to get tickets.

Last edited:

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
I think the most exciting thing is, IF the Jays make it in any position they should realistically come out of the AL. Whose going to stop them? Houston? KC? doubt it. Maybe the Yankees, but even that would be doubtful. The problem is getting to the WS your looking at one of the Dodgers, Cardinals, Pirates or Cubs all of whom have been just as good, if not better, than the Blue Jays in the second half of the season.

Exactly. The AL is much weaker when it comes to top teams. I just don't see us losing. It's the WS that becomes tricky.

Imagine EE has been hurt and hasn't got going. Imagine if he gets healthy and gets going. Dear lord. Winning the division means Price starts game 1, rather than the WC game as well which is huge. Especially considering round 1 is a best of 5.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
I thought the way it worked was you buy a pack of predetermined games. Once post-season tickets are potentially made available, those with flex packs have the opportunity to upgrade without facing the onslaught of the general public fighting to tickets.

Oh OK

Yeah so you're just buying for the six games, and then they'll have pre-sales for all playoff games before the general public. Assume it will go in this order

1) Season Tickets
2) Flex Packs bought prior to end of June
3) These Flex Packs

As to what tickets will be available in that...who knows.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Oh OK

Yeah so you're just buying for the six games, and then they'll have pre-sales for all playoff games before the general public. Assume it will go in this order

1) Season Tickets
2) Flex Packs bought prior to end of June
3) These Flex Packs

As to what tickets will be available in that...who knows.

Gotchya, was looking for some clarification on the pre-sale stuff. By the way I'm at 30min now in line. :laugh:

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
The person who wrote that article is a moron. They were just joking around.

P.S my sarcasm meter isn't working right now, so if that article is a joke, i apologize, lol.

Pretty sure it's sarcasm.

100% sure it's sarcasm. If it was legit, we'd never see the text... Price tweeted it because they're playing around.

Glad to see Price has fit in so well and seems to enjoy the city so much... Roll back a few tweets, he starts one with "my fellow Canadians" ... Love this guy.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
nah. Travis was hurt weeks before Pennington was acquired and he hasn't been playing in favor of goins

They picked up Pennington because of his ability to play several positions (SS, 2B, 3B, LF) at an above average defensive level.

He hasn't been playing above Goins because he is not a better defender in the middle infield than Goins, and is equally as mediocre with the bat.

When Travis returns, he will start at 2B, while Goins becomes your primary backup SS/2B, and Pennington remains your utility player and primary pinch runner.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
100% sure it's sarcasm. If it was legit, we'd never see the text... Price tweeted it because they're playing around.

Glad to see Price has fit in so well and seems to enjoy the city so much... Roll back a few tweets, he starts one with "my fellow Canadians" ... Love this guy.

Ya, rarely do we see a top athlete in the league be so into the city. Heres hoping that this passion is in his head come the offseason and he needs to ink a new contract.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
The person who wrote that article is a moron. They were just joking around.

P.S my sarcasm meter isn't working right now, so if that article is a joke, i apologize, lol.

i'd like to by a sarcasm meter off you? what would the price be?

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
5 runs today and the Jays become the first team to score 600 runs. And the Yankees are the only other team with more than 495 runs.
Equally shocking to me, the jays league leading run differential of +127 is just 5 runs better than St Louis who've scored 159 less run than the Jays :amazed:

cuz the jays era is terrible. if their era was half decent that means they could have like a +200 run differential

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Ohhh I don't know......maybe to have home field advantage throughout the playoffs. We'd have the best record in baseball so we'd have home field in the ALDS and ALCS plus the W.S home field advantage goes to the A.L this year, so although it will be tough, getting past the Royals does have a purpose, a pretty big one actually.

do a favor for me and search up a team called the st.louis cardinals and then tell me their standings. i heard their not half bad

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
For homefield advantage if they play each other.

but is that even realistic at this point tbh. i know there's like 50 games of ball left and we went from 8.5 to .5 of the yanks in a week but kc is significantly much better than the yanks and the jays are ought to lose sometime. also kc doesn't look like their slowing down

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
cuz the jays era is terrible. if their era was half decent that means they could have like a +200 run differential
More the Cardinals pitchers are having a historic season. But scoring in the AL (especially in the AL east will always be higher), are numbers are middle of the pack with our FIP is 19th and combined fWar 10.4 good for 12th in the league.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
but is that even realistic at this point tbh. i know there's like 50 games of ball left and we went from 8.5 to .5 of the yanks in a week but kc is significantly much better than the yanks and the jays are ought to lose sometime. also kc doesn't look like their slowing down

KC plays in a crappy division as well so they will have no problem racking up wins. We aren't catching them....but I like our chances against them even without home field advantage.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Ya that's why the pickup is so good. He's a great guy to have on the bench.

I think having one or two characters on the staff is important. They have roughly 130 games a year where their only job is to be a good teammate. Guys like Price can help the team well beyond his 30-35 starts.

I was hopeful but not at all optimistic that we could resign him when the trade was made... Am I crazy to think after two weeks that our chances of retaining him have increased significantly? Just the way he's seemed to genuinely embrace the city, and quote like on his debut was "the best atmosphere I've ever pitched in" and "I feel like a member of U2" ...

I'm far more optimistic that IF (big if) we can match dollars and term, he might actually choose Toronto.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario

Do you need to be reminded that we took 3 of 4 from KC last time we played?

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
I think having one or two characters on the staff is important. They have roughly 130 games a year where their only job is to be a good teammate. Guys like Price can help the team well beyond his 30-35 starts.

I was hopeful but not at all optimistic that we could resign him when the trade was made... Am I crazy to think after two weeks that our chances of retaining him have increased significantly? Just the way he's seemed to genuinely embrace the city, and quote like on his debut was "the best atmosphere I've ever pitched in" and "I feel like a member of U2" ...

I'm far more optimistic that IF (big if) we can match dollars and term, he might actually choose Toronto.

I think so too. He really has embraced the city and the team. Top class player and a great, great teammate. Price is amazing.

If we are willing to pay, I wouldn't be surprised if he's back next season. I'm hoping for the best, but prepared for the worst when Price hits free agency.

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls

2 weeks means nothing if we miss the playoffs. We need to prove as a team that it's worth staying. We are off to a good start, but we're on a huge high right now. If we stumble on a "low" miss the playoffs, he could very well just leave.

It's too early to make assumptions at this point. We do have an attractive city when it comes to luring athleties to a certain quality of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad