Blue Jays Discussion: 0.5 Back <------- that's cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
Picking up Pennington is a good depth move. He will add insurance incase of injury or time off for any off, Donaldson, Tulowitzki, Goins and Revere.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
So we're past the Angels now for the first WC. I think we may lose today, sweep Oakland then take 2/3 from them again and sit in the same spot we are in right now heading into next week.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Picking up Pennington is a good depth move. He will add insurance incase of injury or time off for any off, Donaldson, Tulowitzki, Goins and Revere.

I think they picked up Pennington because of Travis's injury, I'd rather see Travis healthy, but Pennington will add to their depth.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Just got my tickets for Fridays game and FINALLY get to wear my fun Jays shirt!!!!

Cannot wait for the atmosphere!!!

4849844bc03977f97a3d719807bb324b.jpg

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011
5 runs today and the Jays become the first team to score 600 runs. And the Yankees are the only other team with more than 495 runs.
Equally shocking to me, the jays league leading run differential of +127 is just 5 runs better than St Louis who've scored 159 less run than the Jays :amazed:

TheOtherSide

Sep 8, 2008
Ontario
5 runs today and the Jays become the first team to score 600 runs. And the Yankees are the only other team with more than 495 runs.
Equally shocking to me, the jays league leading run differential of +127 is just 5 runs better than St Louis who've scored 159 less run than the Jays :amazed:

Ya, could you imagine how good that run differential looks if the Jays had better pitching earlier in the season!

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Looks like Kawasaki down to AAA and Pennington on the bench today according to the lineup card.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Hope Edwin isn't out too long, but our lineup will compensate in the interim.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Looks like Kawasaki down to AAA and Pennington on the bench today according to the lineup card.

not surprising. Pennington is just a straight up better player. Kawasaki has 0 range. Pennington is also very versatile, he can play 2nd, SS, and the outfield. He's a very good depth acquisition. After I witnessed the Royals get a hit through the shift while Kawasaki was playing 2nd I knew he wasn't going to last long up here. You can't give up hits like that.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
I would also like to point out that our team ERA has shot up to 14th in the league, were now in the upper half of pitching ;)

RedLeaf099*

We have on off day tomorrow. Why are we resting Martin and EE?
Thanks for the loss today Gibby.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto

If you haven't noticed, EE is hurt, and Martin seems to need a rest. He doesn't look right, at some point some of these guys need a rest. I'm surprised Donaldson has kept up his pace. I can't even remember the last time he had a game off. Plus we're not going to win every game, playing EE when he clearly was in pain yesterday dealing with his finger injury plus he's dealt with a bad back. Rest him today and tomorrow and have him ready for Oakland. And Navarro is no slouch behind the plate, good bat as well with some power.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
I would also like to point out that our team ERA has shot up to 14th in the league, were now in the upper half of pitching ;)

Everyone had been saying all along that Jays only needed league average pitching to be good and it seems we're better than that at this point.

The biggest reason why the record had been only .500 in the first place was because of the extremely poor record in 1 run game, which was inevitably going to regress to the mean anyways but improving the bullpen makes it a lot easier to improve in that regard.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
In 11 games, Tulo has produced nearly as much WAR as Reyes this season with the Jays (0.9 vs 1.1).

Tulo was at .9 before last night, hits a homerun and still at .9? I'm protesting these horrible stats :sarcasm:

Reyes is actually 0.7 on the season now since he's ben horrible with the Rockies, so Tulo's few games in Toronto at 0.9 has been better than Reyes all year at 0.7

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada

Martin caught Dickey on Friday + played in extras innings and caught a day game on Saturday. Any catcher would get a day off after that and the fact Jays have a back-up catcher that's better than a back-up catcher, there is no real reason to run Martin to the ground.

Bluejaysfan*

EE's long term health for the rest of the season is more important that playing in the final game of this series when we've already won it. We can still win this game without EE.

Martin gets the day off because Estrada is starting and he's had good success with Navarro catching him.

Stop being so damn negative.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

well EE couldn't hold onto a bat yesterday after swinging, so that's a problem.

and Martin would normally have sat yesterday but with Price going yesterday it's today instead.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Everyone had been saying all along that Jays only needed league average pitching to be good and it seems we're better than that at this point.

The biggest reason why the record had been only .500 in the first place was because of the extremely poor record in 1 run game, which was inevitably going to regress to the mean anyways but improving the bullpen makes it a lot easier to improve in that regard.

Pretty much this. This reminds me of 92-93 where the Jays cut down games to 6 innings. The job for our guys is basically get through 6 and lock the game down with our BP. Amazing how deep our BP is now, Hawkins, Hendriks, Sanchez, Lowe, Osuna, damn!

91Stammer*

Feb 11, 2014
Leafland/Richland
Tulo was at .9 before last night, hits a homerun and still at .9? I'm protesting these horrible stats :sarcasm:

Reyes is actually 0.7 on the season now since he's ben horrible with the Rockies, so Tulo's few games in Toronto at 0.9 has been better than Reyes all year at 0.7

The League average is 11-20 range, which is what we are at for most of the year and now. Top 10 is above average to great and bottom 10 is below average to poor. That's how I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad