0-3 in the Sekera era. Jets 5, Carter 2

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Sutter seem to have thought so

Sutter also made a point that the Jets won because the Kings were careless with the puck. He also said some of the vets not only didn't seem they were ready to play against Ottawa and the Ducks, but also the Jets.

Lotta blame got spread around.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
that pic of yours isn't even hot...there

OKAY THATS IT...NOW WE'VE GONE TOO FAR :laugh:

i know you love attacking me, but calm down ...what i meant was if we miss out on the post season, or if adding Sekera had no impact on the team because the team is still showing some overall poor play

it would have been a costly trade, wouldn't you agree?

to give away a first AND McKeown and we don't even make the playoffs?

i'm not blaming Sekera...Sekera shouldn't be the difference between winning or losing...he was brought in to fill a hole and to give our D less minutes because Greene, McNabb, McBain and co aren't reliable

geez...you really should vent on that blog of yours

This isn't personal at all unless you get offended for being criticized for unsubstantiated opinions, in which case I can't help you but there's an easy solution.

If in retrospect it appears to be a costly trade because we miss (which means we give up a first next year instead--but that's a loooong time to wait and see, wouldn't you agree?) the playoffs this year, would you not say it was worth the gamble to plug the team's biggest hole after an elongated winning streak by giving up a player that wasn't in our 5-year-plan and a late first, knowing full well what this team has done in the playoffs for the last few years? Of course, you wouldn't, because hindsight is 20-20, right? But DL was rewarding the team and showing good faith after they showed massive effort to pull that off. The problem here is that everyone is evaluating the player after two games. That's it. Edit: and really look at the days he's been with the team...missed a practice, watched a game with Andreoff (lol) and I forget who else, then got thrown in against the division leaders and the biggest team in the league with a defenseman who he's had issues with in the past and who had his worst game of the year today. I'd say he needs a little bit better of an evaluationperiod, especially given as he started looking damn good at the end of the game, started showing that '**** it' assertiveness.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Watched the game on my DVR.

Dear lord that was a bad game. The Kings were beat in just about every facet of the game.

Andrew Ladd just straight up Slapped whoever Sutter tried to match against his line. That was a butt kicking to the 1000th degree.

Greene/Stoll got abused all game long with Kopitar. The Kings Center depth is a train wreck with Richards/Stoll game's falling off a cliff.

Kopitar looks 38 years of age skating around, not 27.

Flush that game down the toilet, terrible.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Solution

I'm convinced the problem with Gaborik/Kopitar/Brown is that the line is caught in the middle, if you will. Gaborik is lost in the offensive zone... he's looking to get open for a pass, that isn't coming... Brown's looking at grinding in the corners and holding onto the puck... Kopitar is caught somewhere in between.... it isn't working and Gaborik is a lot better at speed in open ice.

Fix:

King/Kopitar/Brown... no question what the game plan is. Grind in corner use size physicality to over power opponents.... King and Brown like going to the front of the net.... Kopitar has chemistry with both.

Gaborik/Carter/Toffoli.... King is working on that line, but swapping Gaborik makes that line crazy fast and just imagine if every time King gets a chance from Carter/Toffoli setting him up its Gaborik taking the shot instead...

Brown isn't working with Gaborik.... not sure Brown will work with Carter/Toffoli.... for a long term solution throwing Brown with his cap hit on the 3rd line isn't going to work. Gaborik and Kopitar may need to be split up.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Watched the game on my DVR.

Dear lord that was a bad game. The Kings were beat in just about every facet of the game.

Andrew Ladd just straight up Slapped whoever Sutter tried to match against his line. That was a butt kicking to the 1000th degree.

Greene/Stoll got abused all game long with Kopitar. The Kings Center depth is a train wreck with Richards/Stoll game's falling off a cliff.

Kopitar looks 38 years of age skating around, not 27.

Flush that game down the toilet, terrible.

Man, If I knew you were watching it on the DVR I'd had just told you to skip it.... people shouldn't be needlessly subjected to that. :laugh:

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Good thing the Sharks/Flames decided to play garbage hockey right along with the Kings.

Herby's Green Jacket award:

Brown -9
Kopitar -7 (atta boy Kopi, make Herby proud) Ladd's line/Kesler last two nights, just slapped Kopi around.
Nolan -5

Muzzin righted his ship, went from a team high -10 to a -3 in just one month.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Missed this one on a hunch. Anytime errands or family visits might compel me to rush to get home and watch part of the game, and I do, its a colossal disappointment.

Just watched the highlights. Those goals were ugly, ugly, ugly. Regehr man, its like a light switch has been flipped off the last couple games. And Brown and Williams on those back to back goals were laughable.

Last edited:

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
All part of the plan.

Its way too soon to play really well right now. That winning streak was necessary because of the gap back then. Keep in mind there are +/- 20 games to play in the playoffs.

They will turn the switch again 10-12 games before the end of the regular season and will have a great playoffs on top of that.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
All part of the plan.

Its way too soon to play really well right now. That winning streak was necessary because of the gap back then. Keep in mind there are +/- 20 games to play in the playoffs.

They will turn the switch again 10-12 games before the end of the regular season and will have a great playoffs on top of that.

Yeah, right. More like they're going to sit on this mythical "switch". The good news? It will be up their ***** along with their heads. The bad news? No arms up there, so they won't be able to flip it.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
At the rate things are going, not only is Carter going to pass Kopitar as the leading scorer but Toffoli is as well.

This team will be fine once Kopitar pulls his head out of his ass and shoots more. You can't have your #1 center not take a single shot and expect to win.

Kopitar is not playing the way the Kings need him to in order to make a long run in the playoffs. He is not getting the puck to the net and imposing his will in the offensive zone, which is shown by his huge reduction in shots on goal this season.

And no folks, that isn't because he has Gaborik and assorted others on his line, it's because Kopitar isn't getting the job done.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
All part of the plan.

It would not surprise me if there was some small truth to this.
Sharks are playing worse than the Kings, Flames lost the best D man. This isn't about the wild card its about finishing 3rd in the Pacific.

You could play 500 hockey and still make it..

That said when your top line center does not shoot the puck, kind of hard to win. He always seems to go to the boards and look to pass, teams have him figured out, they know he will not shoot.

sinister6000

Apr 30, 2013
It might be time to sell off the free agents. They never should have traded that 1st round pick for a guy they can't resign. This team won't win the cup this year. They can't keep Richards in the minors for the rest of his contract.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
It might be time to sell off the free agents. They never should have traded that 1st round pick for a guy they can't resign. This team won't win the cup this year. They can't keep Richards in the minors for the rest of his contract.

Sorry, but the Kings can re-sign Sekera quite easily if Voynov is not reinstated or is traded, or if any of another several moves are made which might include not bringing back any or all of Stoll, Williams, and/or Regehr.

Ron*

solution

i'm convinced the problem with gaborik/kopitar/brown is that the line is caught in the middle, if you will. Gaborik is lost in the offensive zone... He's looking to get open for a pass, that isn't coming... Brown's looking at grinding in the corners and holding onto the puck... Kopitar is caught somewhere in between.... It isn't working and gaborik is a lot better at speed in open ice.

Fix:

King/kopitar/brown... No question what the game plan is. Grind in corner use size physicality to over power opponents.... King and brown like going to the front of the net.... Kopitar has chemistry with both.

Gaborik/carter/toffoli.... King is working on that line, but swapping gaborik makes that line crazy fast and just imagine if every time king gets a chance from carter/toffoli setting him up its gaborik taking the shot instead...

Brown isn't working with gaborik.... Not sure brown will work with carter/toffoli.... For a long term solution throwing brown with his cap hit on the 3rd line isn't going to work. Gaborik and kopitar may need to be split up.

Kopitar is constantly trying to force the puck to Gaborik which has been detrimental to the offense. He also is always looking for a play instead of a shot. EVen when he does shoot, he is rarely getting the puck to the net. I don't know what the answer is but I really wish he'd snap out of it. He'll probably finish close to what he typically finish with in terms of points but everyone watching the games can tell you he isn't as dominant this year as he usually is. He's been consistently mediocre all year.

Lol that lineup. I want to see Williams and Kopitar back together.

Yeah I tend to agree. I think they should go with King/Kopitar/Williams. Put Gaborik with Carter and Toffoli. Brown and Stoll are not going to give you any offense even with better players so they might as well skate together. Add Lewis to that line for the icing on the cake.

I don't know why Sutter hasn't moved Gaborik from Kopitar with the exception of the time Gaborik played with Stoll.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
How about we give Sekera more than 3 games before we start judging him? The whole team looks like they forgot to play hockey after that Ottawa game.

Why was Andy in for Shore though? Didn't really understand that.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
How about we give Sekera more than 3 games before we start judging him? The whole team looks like they forgot to play hockey after that Ottawa game.

Why was Andy in for Shore though? Didn't really understand that.

Nope, it's a bust. Guy's such a head case he can't even play against Calgary. Plus he's too soft and too small. That first round pick could have been anyone and now it's gone. What a disaster.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
That was disappointing. I only get to see the Kings live once or twice a year and they play like that. Not cool.

4th line played well. That's about it. Horrible game all around. Jets played good I guess but really LA just handed that one to them, IMO.

Last year at about the same time you and I headed to the game together and the Kings put on a clinic and I said to you that I thought that was the most dominant complete game any team played in the MTS centre against the Jets. Yesterday was….. well........different. Jets played really well but the Kings looked gassed? Quick gave up one bad goal (the 4th) the other 3 he had zero chance on and Sutter probably only pulled him to light a fire under the team and how did they respond when they came out to start the 3rd......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:boredom: ?? I agree though the 4th line looked good all night.

Either way I believe the champs will find a way but they definitely looked disinterested yesterday.

I assume you took some well deserved abuse since usually you like to go full heel and troll your section when the Kings win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad