0-3 in the Sekera era. Jets 5, Carter 2

The Pale King

Go easy on those Mango Giapanes brother...
Sep 24, 2011
Zeballos
I didn't see any of this one. was at the clinic (gawd, what a horrorshow. grown man next to me in tears just about).

it's similar to how I was picturing the game, just looking at the updates on my phone. I still think we'll make the playoffs. would be nice to see DL make another move but I think if this roster plays the way it's capable of we can get to the show and do some serious damage there. coming off an 8 game win streak, we were bound to crash. the 1-0 loss was a hard fought game, the ducks game we had in hand, and then it sounds like tonight was pretty poor. that's 1 bad/terrible game in an eleven game stretch.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
That was disappointing. I only get to see the Kings live once or twice a year and they play like that. Not cool.

4th line played well. That's about it. Horrible game all around. Jets played good I guess but really LA just handed that one to them, IMO.

At least it wasn't a blow out or shut out. I too only get to see the Kings live maybe once a year and it is usually in Buffalo. Past results when I attend have been losses including scores such as 3-0, 10-1, 2-1, 2-0..just awful.

I have had more luck going to LA and watching them there.

Gotta have the next one on Tuesday. A loss to the Oilers would be ugly, even though they have been better of late.

Maybe we see an unexpected trade tomorrow. It might be interesting. Guess we'll see.

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
Kings have just been sandbagging the last few games. They want other teams to think it is safe to stand pat at the deadline. Then the Kings swoop in at the last minute with a couple of lowball offers ( cause the trade deadline is full of those) and pick up a solid two way center and a second line Dman

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
Watched the first period. Kings looked a step slow and Winnipeg was hustling, at the puck before LA and winning every 50/50 battle. It looked like LA had already clinched a playoff spot and Winnipeg was in 9th place fighting for a spot. That's a well coached team in Winnnipeg. Dunno WTF is going on with the Kings but I was scared this would happen. 8 game winning streak followed by a 3 game losing streak. This team can't find middle ground. People were feeling excited/optimistic last week, now the talk about missing the playoffs is coming back up. Can't figure this team out, frustrating.

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
:(

I was expecting a comeback during my beer league game. Instead my team got blown out and looks like the Kings almost did too. Piss. Trade Carts for a high pick and Kopi for Scott Gomez.

AKAY47

Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
Maybe Sutter needs to try & change the D pairings up? Sit Greene, play McBain. Take Sekera away from Regehr? I dunno. Still very early but Sekera hasn't looked the greatest.

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
I like that idea. McBain is honestly way better than Greene at this point. At least he can skate and has a hockey IQ greater than 5.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Sekera looks totally culture shocked. You have to remember this is a player that played with Buffalo and Carolina his entire career. Deer in the headlights out here in LA fighting for a playoff spot.

Greene is clearly the player that should be sat, but like, idk

Muzzin-Doughty
Regehr-McBain
McNabb-Sekera

Idk.

Chain

Feb 2, 2014
I like that idea. McBain is honestly way better than Greene at this point. At least he can skate and has a hockey IQ greater than 5.

Amen.

RR's hand seems to still be bugging him after that last game. This was his worst game in a while. I'd start McBain over Greene unless it's back to back games. Then I might use Greene to spell RR but that's about it. McBain brings some sorely needed offense and Greene doesn't seem to do any better on defense than he does.

It's still too early to really judge anything about Sekera. He's gonna have some adjustment pains.

AKAY47

Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
Yeah Regehr didn't look good first period. That first goal he turned the puck over. Time is running out, I seriously don't know wtf is gonna happen. Quite embarrassing that the defending Stanley Cup champs don't make the playoffs, though.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
Said it earlier. This team won't win many games when our #1 offensive player doesn't register a single worthless shot. The single line can only do so much.

this and only this. 11 is my favorite player, but his lackluster play all season has made it difficult to watch and cheer for him currently.

not a chance in hell he gets traded (or not re-signed). he is the horse this team needs and the entire offense is based around him. Kopitar commands opposition match-ups that others can capitalize on, but he needs to be more of a force himself.

this season he has looked like just an average player to be honest.

Dean and Darryl need to give him a kick in the ass to get going asap. if he continues this style of play this team goes no where in the PO's.....if they make it

long-term he doesn't command top tier $$$ imo due to his inconsistent play. he will get more than Drew, but he doesn't deserve Toews or Crosby type salary

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
glad to know that Sekera only cost us a 1st and McKeown ... :sarcasm:

2 of the worst games the Kings have played in the calendar year and people are blaming the acquisition who hasn't had enough time with the organization to take a crap in the Kings locker room.

Sekera is the least of our worries and got stronger and stronger as the game went along, I'm honestly questioning what people did not like about his game today. I saw more than one poster go "he wasn't physical at all" which makes me wonder what the hell they're expecting because he was NEVER that guy, yet today he blasted Stafford. He's a victim of circumstance, nothing more at this point.

Oh no, one deadline acquisition cost us a pick that we don't even know where it is yet never mind what sort of player it will become or how far off they are in addition to a defenseman that wouldn't see our roster for half a decade if at all. Horrible cost for the GM trying to win his 3rd cup in 4th years by plugging the biggest hole on the team...what was he thinking?

Ugh, I need to start a blog.

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
Everyone has played poor. Blame everyone if you're going to blame someone that's been on our team for a couple games. This is as close to a Voynov replacement as it gets. Pretty sure you guys would rather see Sekera with more minutes than Greene continuing to play the same as before.

robitaillefan

Bababooey,Tatatoothy
Sep 7, 2005
BC, CANADA!
Trade kopitar? ....ten years on this board and this is the most insane thing i have read so far...

Slumps, he is in a slump, it happens and he will get out of it. look further down the lineup before we rag to much on him.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
2 of the worst games the Kings have played in the calendar year and people are blaming the acquisition who hasn't had enough time with the organization to take a crap in the Kings locker room.

Sekera is the least of our worries and got stronger and stronger as the game went along, I'm honestly questioning what people did not like about his game today. I saw more than one poster go "he wasn't physical at all" which makes me wonder what the hell they're expecting because he was NEVER that guy, yet today he blasted Stafford. He's a victim of circumstance, nothing more at this point.

Oh no, one deadline acquisition cost us a pick that we don't even know where it is yet never mind what sort of player it will become or how far off they are in addition to a defenseman that wouldn't see our roster for half a decade if at all. Horrible cost for the GM trying to win his 3rd cup in 4th years by plugging the biggest hole on the team...what was he thinking?

Ugh, I need to start a blog.

i know you love attacking me, but calm down ...what i meant was if we miss out on the post season, or if adding Sekera had no impact on the team because the team is still showing some overall poor play

it would have been a costly trade, wouldn't you agree?

to give away a first AND McKeown and we don't even make the playoffs?

i'm not blaming Sekera...Sekera shouldn't be the difference between winning or losing...he was brought in to fill a hole and to give our D less minutes because Greene, McNabb, McBain and co aren't reliable

geez...you really should vent on that blog of yours

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad