0-1 in the Dwight King-less era

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
One thing puzzles me...... why was Schultz in for McNabb?

Because he performed better in meaningless preseason games than McNabb. One thing was completely obvious last night and that's both Greene and Schultz can't actually retrieve a puck and get it up ice to get us in transition. McNabb can do that. Hell, Forbort can. The puck is going to stay in the Kings zone while those guys are out there. It's part of the Sutter doghouse, which it took Martinez a long time to get out of even though it was obvious that Marty should've been playing more. The problem is now, the team's margin of error on defense may not be able to withstand it with the current roster.

Ron*

Everytime I see this, I get pissed again.

Unbelievable, plenty of time.

Why should you care? The Kings ended up winning that series.

If you want to get pissed, get pissed for something that actually deserves it. Like the Kings' effort last night, for instance.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
He would be at least talked to. He was making it an unpleasant experience for you throughout the game. I wouldn't hesitate to call it in. One comment here or there, I get that. I don't have a problem with some fan sounding off once in a while. But throughout the game like that? He was just trying to get someone's goat, but to your credit (and others) he was not successful. Security won't put up with that ****. They don't want to get in a dust-up, and characters like this only create problems. Next time, call security. I would. I am on a first-name basis with the two ushers in my section (thankfully, the same ones as the last two seasons), and they got my back 100%. However, we usually don't get fans of opposing teams in our section much.

Thanks for the info, Ron. I'll do that for sure next time. That guy made it an awful night for my GF and I. And I know others had enough towards the end of the game because they started correcting him on all his BS.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Why should you care? The Kings ended up winning that series.

If you want to get pissed, get pissed for something that actually deserves it. Like the Kings' effort last night, for instance.

Haha exactly. Every time I see it, I laugh at how ridiculous it was. No harm no foul in the grand scheme of things.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Thanks for the info, Ron. I'll do that for sure next time. That guy made it an awful night for my GF and I. And I know others had enough towards the end of the game because they started correcting him on all his BS.

I couldn't have held myself back like you did. I would have told him to shut the **** up.

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
I remember sitting in front of some ****** Vancouver fans awhile back when I was younger. Smug *******s berated LA fans for leaving early when we were losing like 5-0 in the 3rd. Totally ruined my night. On the other hand, coolest fans I've ever sat next to were Leafs fans...

Jul 31, 2005
CA
The Kings need to be faster, top 6 is set, the bottom 6 should be some vets and faster, younger players mixed in. This power forward slug it out mentality is gone but Sutter is holding onto it with a white knuckle death grip and the rewarding of players merely for hard work reminds me of Andy Murray. Derek Armstrong getting PP time cause he looks busy and mucks and grinds the corner but fails to produce any sort of meaningful offense. Trevor Lewis continues to be rewarded with ice time, almost equal to Carter last night and night after night he fails to produce offense simply because he can't. You could play him 20 minutes a night and he would finish the season with 3rd or 4th line stats because that's what he is. He is who we thought he was! So the result is Sutter benching the skilled players for not working hard and rewarding the hard workers who cannot produce and the result is always exactly the same! It's insanity, Sutter insanity.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Muzzin had the most SHT out of any King player! Does anybody here look at Muzzin and think "man that guy is a shut down dman"? According to Sutter he's the best defensive player on the Kings.

Who would you play instead?

Pretty much what Bandit said. These guys are growing up; Muzzin has the size and the tools, needs to pick it up at some point.

My bigger problem with Muzzin was him saying he was ready when he clearly wasn't :P

One thing puzzles me...... why was Schultz in for McNabb?

Sounded like it was a last minute decision but yeah, one I'm not fond of at all.

Couture is getting crushed next game by Lucic.

I think so too, but I really hope Sutter reigns him in to play a normal game. He's much more intimidating if he's actually PLAYING, THEN ripping heads off as opposed to just trying to rip heads off because we're getting skated all over. I absolutely guarantee that no one will be taking liberties with him out there, but they WILL be trying to get him off his game--he needs to shake out of that last part to be good for us.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

You should see all the comments about Brown in reply to this tweet.

Or perhaps it's better not to. Twitter's version of the main board.

Have to be honest this is the first Brown borderline hit that I think he should have got something for. Because he is not a repeat offended at least a suspension. Had that been Carter getting popped by Vlasic I would be screaming blood y murder.
The NHL only seems to do anything if an injury results from the collision. This needs to change IMO, it should be the act not the result.

That said I doubt it was intentional...but like high sticks intent should not matter

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Have to be honest this is the first Brown borderline hit that I think he should have got something for. Because he is not a repeat offended at least a suspension. Had that been Carter getting popped by Vlasic I would be screaming blood y murder.
The NHL only seems to do anything if an injury results from the collision. This needs to change IMO, it should be the act not the result.

That said I doubt it was intentional...but like high sticks intent should not matter

He is a repeat offender, he had a 1 game suspension at the end of 2013, so had the league chosen to suspend him, it most likely would have been 3 games.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
He is a repeat offender, he had a 1 game suspension at the end of 2013, so had the league chosen to suspend him, it most likely would have been 3 games.

oh ya...still I think he should have got something for last nights hit. It may not have been intentional but it was dirty and reckless.
I really like how Brown brought a physical edge in the first last night. I think he needs to play on that line, I just did not like that hit.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Rich Hammond ‏@Rich_Hammond 2m2 minutes ago

Lucic on Couture hit: “I didn’t cross any line. Believe me, if my intentions were to hurt him, I would have hurt him.â€
1 retweet 0 favorites

And that's a reoccurring issue with him and has been for years. He's one of the dirtiest players in the league because of mauling, cheap shots and borderline hits.
And because he doesn't consider hits like that wrong, as he's done in the past, he'll continue to do that and it will cost the Kings. What you don't need is a player from another team going after one of the kings players because Lucic ran one of theirs.
A tiger doesn't change it's stripes.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
oh ya...still I think he should have got something for last nights hit. It may not have been intentional but it was dirty and reckless.
I really like how Brown brought a physical edge in the first last night. I think he needs to play on that line, I just did not like that hit.

I thought Brown had a very good game, but he has to curb the hits like that. That was not the right choice at center ice, leaving his feet, leading with his head. As much as I love his physical edge, I think he has to tone it down, it's a long season, he's not 21 anymore and it will wear on him.
But the effort, the hustle, that was good. And I thought Shore was very good.

Captain Mittens*

Rich Hammond ‏@Rich_Hammond 2m2 minutes ago

Lucic on Couture hit: “I didn’t cross any line. Believe me, if my intentions were to hurt him, I would have hurt him.â€
1 retweet 0 favorites

And that's a reoccurring issue with him and has been for years. He's one of the dirtiest players in the league because of mauling, cheap shots and borderline hits.
And because he doesn't consider hits like that wrong, as he's done in the past, he'll continue to do that and it will cost the Kings. What you don't need is a player from another team going after one of the kings players because Lucic ran one of theirs.
A tiger doesn't change it's stripes.

Here is how to imbed tweets.

This is the link to that tweet
https://twitter.com/Rich_Hammond/status/652200854485729280

Copy all the numbers after status. Push the
tweet.png
button and insert 652200854485729280 and viola!

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I thought Brown had a very good game, but he has to curb the hits like that. That was not the right choice at center ice, leaving his feet, leading with his head. As much as I love his physical edge, I think he has to tone it down, it's a long season, he's not 21 anymore and it will wear on him.
But the effort, the hustle, that was good. And I thought Shore was very good.

I don't want him to tone it down, I just want him to hit smarter by not leading with his head and leaving his feet

Ron*

I think McNabb has a little Allen Iverson in him

This makes complete sense. He didn't appear to happy when they introduced him last night (as they were introducing the entire roster).

If McNabb can't work in practice, then he's screwing himself. He has to know Sutter by now, one would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad