0-1 in the Dwight King-less era

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
hey, watch it!

I swear to god Im a bad luck charm for home openers. I want to say the Kings have lost pretty much EVERY opener game Ive been to. the last one I remember was when Quick scored on himself :shakehead
I gotta say the Sharks looked like an entirely different team last night. DeBoer is a great coach and all but I didnt expect him to have a big impact this early on. not to give the Sharks all the credit because the Kings were absolutely abysmal, but still. quite an eye opener

The Sharks always start hot and have a great October. Then they start to fall off, so that's when we'll see what kind of impact DeBoer really has. McLellan's team would have looked just as good last night, imo.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I swear to god Im a bad luck charm for home openers. I want to say the Kings have lost pretty much EVERY opener game Ive been to. the last one I remember was when Quick scored on himself

Seriously Quick, stop playing the puck. He just makes things worse.

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
The Brown hit Reddit thread is so salty I now need quadruple bypass.

Main board meltdown over Brown's hit and no call from NHL is kinda fun.

The contact to the face was made with such little force that I didn't expect anything.

I just don't understand the comparisons to the Torres hit. If these posters can't tell the difference between the two hits, then maybe they shouldn't post anything about it until they do.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Muzzin had the most SHT out of any King player! Does anybody here look at Muzzin and think "man that guy is a shut down dman"? According to Sutter he's the best defensive player on the Kings.

Well it's one thing that he'll have to get better at, because who else is going to do it? You need 4 d-men for a PK. Scuderi is gone, old, and can't play. Mitchell had to go in part because Voynov, Muzzin, and Martinez were all younger and had to get paid. Regehr is retired. Down to Doughty, Greene, and who else? One of Schultz, McNabb, and Forbort, and then either Muzzin, Martinez, or Ehrhoff. At least Muzzin has some size. He has to learn to use it in front of Quick.

Zero Pucks Given

American Hero
Mar 21, 2015
Southern CA
Well it's almost a must now that your goalie has to play the puck here and there. Unfortunately he's just terrible at it.

Notice how no Kings D-man is in sight until Steen is in Quick's face.

I just don't understand the comparisons to the Torres hit. If these posters can't tell the difference between the two hits, then maybe they shouldn't post anything about it until they do.

It wouldn't be HFBoards at all without some sort of main board thread filled with anti-Kings posts. Besides, it's better entertainment than the **** I've seen on TV lately.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
Don't worry guys! We are just saving our energy until February, that's when we hit the 5th gear and squeak into the playoffs like last year! oh wait....

Ron*

I wouldn't be surprised if that fat **** posts on the main board, he sounded like one of them. Contradicting himself the entire night with his "superior hockey knowledge", complaining about everything at Staples and how it's so much better at Honda, and then ******** on our fans. Typical bandwagon comments and how we don't even know the game. The dude even made fun of our organist and how the Honda one is so much better. I also loved when he made fun of a little boy wearing soundproof earmuffs on the jumbotron. He was like, "It's not even that cold in here." Then some dude next to him explained it was for the noise, to which he replied, "It's not even that loud though, lol". Then no more than five minutes later he says, "Why does your announcer have to repeat everything twice? I'm going to go deaf." I wanted to punch him in his fat throat. I've been to a ton of games and last night was the first time I really had to use self control. I was ready to explode.

Wound security really take someone out just ripping on our fans verbally? I thought it was only for physical stuff and verbal threats. He didn't do that, so I didn't see an opportunity to get him out.

He would be at least talked to. He was making it an unpleasant experience for you throughout the game. I wouldn't hesitate to call it in. One comment here or there, I get that. I don't have a problem with some fan sounding off once in a while. But throughout the game like that? He was just trying to get someone's goat, but to your credit (and others) he was not successful. Security won't put up with that ****. They don't want to get in a dust-up, and characters like this only create problems. Next time, call security. I would. I am on a first-name basis with the two ushers in my section (thankfully, the same ones as the last two seasons), and they got my back 100%. However, we usually don't get fans of opposing teams in our section much.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
I will admit, I was the biggest critic of Sekera when Lombardi first got him, but loved how he started to play after he got 4 or so games under his belt. Our biggest hole in the offseason was not the first line left wing position. We needed a replacement for Voynov. I would have rather signed Sekera and not traded for Lucic. I realize we got Lucic at a discount, but we could have traded Brown to make the cap space for Sekera. We have highly skilled young forwards that can plug in the top 6 positions, but are incredibly weak on defense.

Captain Mittens*

I will admit, I was the biggest critic of Sekera when Lombardi first got him, but loved how he started to play after he got 4 or so games under his belt. Our biggest hole in the offseason was not the first line left wing position. We needed a replacement for Voynov. I would have rather signed Sekera and not traded for Lucic. .
The Kings did try to re-sign Sekera.

He wanted too much, including a NMC.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I will admit, I was the biggest critic of Sekera when Lombardi first got him, but loved how he started to play after he got 4 or so games under his belt. Our biggest hole in the offseason was not the first line left wing position. We needed a replacement for Voynov. I would have rather signed Sekera and not traded for Lucic. I realize we got Lucic at a discount, but we could have traded Brown to make the cap space for Sekera. We have highly skilled young forwards that can plug in the top 6 positions, but are incredibly weak on defense.

Nobody is taking Brown's contract. At least not without some big contract coming back, or the Kings retaining as much salary as possible, plus probably giving up something else.

Captain Mittens*

And I thought Colorado at Frozen Fury was the worst performance I was going to see this season. Took a whole 4 days to top that.

Just wait...AriPhoenix is going to be a ********* this season

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
He would be at least talked to. He was making it an unpleasant experience for you throughout the game. I wouldn't hesitate to call it in. One comment here or there, I get that. I don't have a problem with some fan sounding off once in a while. But throughout the game like that? He was just trying to get someone's goat, but to your credit (and others) he was not successful. Security won't put up with that ****. They don't want to get in a dust-up, and characters like this only create problems. Next time, call security. I would. I am on a first-name basis with the two ushers in my section (thankfully, the same ones as the last two seasons), and they got my back 100%. However, we usually don't get fans of opposing teams in our section much.

There would of been a confrontation if he was sitting behind me. Good for you to not engage.

Captain Mittens*

Arguing on the main board be like

giphy.gif

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Overpaid? :sarcasm:

Not my jurisdiction.

Brad you got PAYED on your last deal. If you are going to do any good around here, you are going to need more of a Wyatt Earp mentality. Just put on the badge for that jusidiction and start shooting people.

It works, I saw it in a movie once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad