Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Some other quick positives:

Clifford
Shore--impressed me. I was hard on him in preseason, he looked very sharp last night, and he's displaying a knack for making whoever he plays with look better, albeit in softer minutes.
Brown--outside of 'the hit' he's noticeably faster, more decisive, and physical. Good sign.

If Looch could have buried that earlier pass from Kopitar, we might be looking at a different game. He started looking really sharp for a couple of shifts before the whole game came apart. It really did have a 2014 games 1 and 2 vibe, where the sharks certainly outplayed us but also got every bounce, which is what happens when you work hard...but really, deflection, off the backboard, to pavelski, whose shot hits the post, then donskoi and in? lollllll.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Some other quick positives:

Clifford
Shore--impressed me. I was hard on him in preseason, he looked very sharp last night, and he's displaying a knack for making whoever he plays with look better, albeit in softer minutes.
Brown--outside of 'the hit' he's noticeably faster, more decisive, and physical. Good sign.

If Looch could have buried that earlier pass from Kopitar, we might be looking at a different game. He started looking really sharp for a couple of shifts before the whole game came apart. It really did have a 2014 games 1 and 2 vibe, where the sharks certainly outplayed us but also got every bounce, which is what happens when you work hard...but really, deflection, off the backboard, to pavelski, whose shot hits the post, then donskoi and in? lollllll.

agreed

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
I don't blame Quick on the first four goals. Stopped caring or watching after the 2cd.

Mostly screens and tips.

i think an elite goalie would spot and stop a couple of those types of shots

that's how most goals are scored these days, screens and tips

we've been defending Quick since last year, based on some comments on here, probably only a handful of goals can be blamed directly on Quick since last season

which i think it's absurd, you guys are making the goalie position completely useless... if goalies are to stop only the ones they're suppose to stop then who stands out??? In fact, goalies are supposed to stop a few shots every game where they had no business of stopping - that's an elite goalie

i watched the MTL vs TO game last night, and i can assure you there were more than a few screens and tips by TO

Price stopped them

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
i think an elite goalie would spot and stop a couple of those types of shots

that's how most goals are scored these days, screens and tips

we've been defending Quick since last year, based on some comments on here, probably only a handful of goals can be blamed directly on Quick since last season

which i think it's absurd, you guys are making the goalie position completely useless... if goalies are to stop only the ones they're suppose to stop then who stands out??? In fact, goalies are supposed to stop a few shots every game where they had no business of stopping - that's an elite goalie

i watched the MTL vs TO game last night, and i can assure you there were more than a few screens and tips by TO

Price stopped them

Well Price has godlike powers right?

I can't blame Quick for not seeing the puck. His positioning was fine.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Still waiting for the "we traded the wrong goalie" posts.

Quick's conn smyth and 2 cups trump anything fans like me can say about Bernier. I will always think that if it were not for the 2012 run we would have a different goalie, and I will always like Bernier's style over Quick's, but this debate needs to be done with. We have a great goalie in Quick on what is turning into a bargain contract and that is all that matters. PLUS 2 CUPS!!!
All energy and effort towards bashing needs to go to our Defense IMO.

Last edited:

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Normally a Sutter defender but Greene and Schultz both in the lineup and one of them on the ice for the half a game Drew Doughty doesn't play is going to be a train wreck.

Greene did a lot of good his first few years in LA and Schultz played well in a tough situation in the 2014 playoffs. But both guys are simply awful.

And McNabb will just be another Sydor and Boucher situation if this keeps up. I don't doubt for a second he was struggled in camp and practice but he is to skilled and has to much potential to not play over 55 and 2. The Kings need to get McNabb back to that level he was at last winter when he was mysteriously benched for no reason.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
Schultz looked completely lost out there all night. **** me if he's going to be a regular all season long. I'll take McNabb over him any day. Ehrhoff had a rough game as well, but it almost looked like he was trying to do too much. I think he'll get better as the season progress and I'm not concerned about him. But Schultz? **** me.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Normally a Sutter defender but Greene and Schultz both in the lineup and one of them on the ice for the half a game Drew Doughty doesn't play is going to be a train wreck.

Greene did a lot of good his first few years in LA and Schultz played well in a tough situation in the 2014 playoffs. But both guys are simply awful.

And McNabb will just be another Sydor and Boucher situation if this keeps up. I don't doubt for a second he was struggled in camp and practice but he is to skilled and has to much potential to not play over 55 and 2. The Kings need to get McNabb back to that level he was at last winter when he was mysteriously benched for no reason.

Yup I have been over Greene for a while, and think Schultz has no business on this team other than being a RR IR replacement.
No Robyn sucks or Willie or Scuds (past not present) hurts. Maybe Florida will be out of it by the 20 game mark and deal us Willie for cheap

scryan

May 1, 2013
Did they not do media after this game? Don't have TV, so usually look to insider/kings vision... but no interviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad