⭐2018-2019 Regular Season General Discussion (Polak Praise Posts ONLY)⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
The big question is Polak worse than Pateryn?

Much, much worse. Pateryn was at least good for half of a season last year. I don't think Polak will be good for even a quarter of the year and hopefully doesn't even play much at all

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Yeah and that 8th D isnt blocking a player, and if it wasnt 8D it would be a 14th forward who likely is Smith and is making 720k. The difference there isnt 1.3 million because Nill wont carry a 22 man roster just for fun. The difference is just below 600k and that is really nothing to care about and not an amount that will hinder a potential deadline pick up... We dont have anyone else needing to be signed and we have cap space so who the **** cares that the 8D is making 1.3 on a 1 year deal?

You can say the Polak signing was pointless but to complain about the fact that we are carrying a 1.3 million dollar 8th Dman when we have unused cap is ridiculous.
The team isn't required to always carry a body in every roster spot for all 82 games. Many teams leave a spot open for the sake of call ups. Some do it just to build up unused cap space for deadline deals.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
The team isn't required to always carry a body in every roster spot for all 82 games. Many teams leave a spot open for the sake of call ups. Some do it just to build up unused cap space for deadline deals.
and 95% of team carry 23 men throughout the year because having the extra body there is useful for practice and nice to have incase of immediate need. Teams that play around with 22 men rosters or rock a 23 man roster where they are promoting a kid and demoting him every other day are those who either have an internal cap or need more deadline space. We are neither of those so it doesnt make a damn difference that Polak is getting paid 1.3 million.

With the current roster we will have 6.8 million in deadline space... Polak and his 600k more than the likely replacement F we would roster instead isnt preventing us from doing anything. Yes the signing was bad, but to complain that we have a 1.3 million dollar guy as a scratch given our situation is stupid. If anything Nill deserves credit here because instead of saying "Well we signed this guy we are going to play him" he realized Polak is a shit fit for our system and went out and got a player that fits perfectly.

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
:huh: Still puzzles me that our fans continue to think the main issue was Pateryn, as opposed to the way he was overused....
Agreed Pateryn played as best as anyone could've asked him for the situation he was put in, then eventually wore down as he was overused in a role he wasn't good enough for.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

brighteststars

Feb 11, 2014
I mean Pateryn didn't put himself into the lineup no matter how much he started to suck that was the coaching staff.

Ah yes always someone else's fault. It doesn't change the fact that Pateryn was absolute ASS. The turnover and last second goal in the Boston game and getting walked by Granlund is the stuff of cold sweats and night terrors.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Ah yes always someone else's fault. It doesn't change the fact that Pateryn was absolute ASS. The turnover and last second goal in the Boston game and getting walked by Granlund is the stuff of cold sweats and night terrors.

Pateryn prior to last season never regularly in any lineup. Of course he's not very good . I don't blame the bad defenseman for beeing bad . I mostly blame the guy who puts the guy in for do things he just can't . If the coach says you go out Greg and play your best he's not going to say no i suck .

HatchtrickBateman

Jun 29, 2011
Lincoln, NE
Did you watch last season? LOL
LOL!! I did. And he actually played well for a good portion of the season. Eventually it appeared he got worn out. Probably should’ve been scratched here and there. And yeah the Boston game was brutal. I’m sure you could find one giant bonehead play for most guys throughout the season. That one just happened to come at a terrible time. Everyone wanted honks in and pateryn eventually took the brunt of everyone’s anger for that.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
No Honka tomorrow as of right now, but things could change I suppose. Hope Nichushkin can play to give us a little more size and speed

Johns still feels like a long-shot to return anytime soon. I don't think he will ever be 100% again honestly

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Damn that's really too about Johns. Stars are gonna need someone to fill his role/style if it's long term. I'd prefer it not be Carrick/Polak. Bayreuther is the obvious internal choice, but's that not good enough short term for a team with as many question marks as the Stars.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Damn that's really too about Johns. Stars are gonna need someone to fill his role/style if it's long term. I'd prefer it not be Carrick/Polak. Bayreuther is the obvious internal choice, but's that not good enough short term for a team with as many question marks as the Stars.

Carrick is fine and Polak is elite

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Johns was too hit oriented. He often gave up his positioning to try and make a hit

f*** that

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Johns would've been a good partner for Miro - that pairing would allow Methot to cover for Honka's "adventures". No Johns means Methot has to move up, and Honka gets scratched because neither Polak or Carrick are good enough to back him up safely.

We'll see Honka eventually though because Methot playing 2nd pairing minutes will probably be injured by game 30...:help:

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Yeah exactly. Johns isn't a world beater but he fit nicely with what the Stars have. Not sure the Stars have someone to fill that role.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Carrick and Polak are third paring guys with significant weaknesses . Thats fine for your third pair but Johns while not great is at least a #4 that can easily play ~20 minutes without much downside . I'm fine with Polak for ~15 minutes at max ( like yesterday ) but you can't have him playing 20 or more ( which happened with the Leafs for some reason i looked it up ) . Thats exposes his lack of speed way too much for someone to walk him.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
I find it curious that Miro hasn't been interviewed. I guess he doesn't want to, but it's pretty unusual. He's such a notable prospect, too.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I find it curious that Miro hasn't been interviewed. I guess he doesn't want to, but it's pretty unusual. He's such a notable prospect, too.

I mean Dallas isn't a big hockey market and the team has several established Stars that get most of the attention. I'm also not 100% sure where his english is albeit Nichuskin basically didn't speak a lick of english and was in front of the mics regularly in his rookie year ( with an interpretor of course ) . He'll get his time in the spotlight soon enough but right now the 4 other allstar caliber skaters and the allstar caliber goalie taking talking to the media more.

Maybe he took a page out of Lindells book who basically never talks to the media when doesn't need to

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
I mean Dallas isn't a big hockey market and the team has several established Stars that get most of the attention. I'm also not 100% sure where his english is albeit Nichuskin basically didn't speak a lick of english and was in front of the mics regularly in his rookie year ( with an interpretor of course ) . He'll get his time in the spotlight soon enough but right now the 4 other allstar caliber skaters and the allstar caliber goalie taking talking to the media more.
His english (last i heard him speak it) is pretty similar to Roope Hintz. Should be good enough. I didn't mean that he should be in the spotlight...It's just quite unusual.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
His english (last i heard him speak it) was pretty similar to Roope Hintz. Should be good enough. I didn't mean that he should be in the spotlight...It's just quite unusual.

Pretty sure when he scores a goal we'll get something but he probably doesn't really want it . Hintz spoke about playing his first game with the media but Heiskanen ? Didn't hear a thing from him.

Maybe Lindell took him under his wing and told him how he handles the media ? Meaning not much .

When Shapiro wrote an article about Lindell a couple of days ago his comment was . " You don't need to talk to me . Talk to someone important" :)

There was a report last year that Lindell likes to actually sneak around in the lockerroom so he doesn't have to talk to the media as much .

In Dallas you just don't have to talk to the media that much if you don't want to especially right now because there's other players who already are used to it and will allways gather a crowd.

Last edited:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Now that you mention it i don't think i've seen an interview in english with Miro since his draft . Written statements yes but not an actual interview on camera.

The ones from the draft that i could find his english seems somewhat rough though . He may not feel ready to talk infront of cameras as long as thats the case if he doesn't have to.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Seriously this is actually kind of wierd

This is the most recent thing i could find . Some strange PR event where Miro and Liljegren open cardpacks and look really bored . Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad