⭐2018-2019 Regular Season General Discussion (Polak Praise Posts ONLY)⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
IIRC Bowness was a welcome departure (I believe it had to do with the belief he was responsible for a certain veteran bias).

What do you guys see in the cards for Carrick?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
IIRC Bowness was a welcome departure (I believe it had to do with the belief he was responsible for a certain veteran bias).

What do you guys see in the cards for Carrick?

Exactly what is he used as right now. An undersized puckmover who can play a bit of an offensive role in sheltered minutes on the third pairing. He's a decent #5-7 defenseman . Anything above that and i think his limitations will start to show more.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
2nd line
Shore - Spezza - Nichushkin
3rd line
Comeau - Faksa - Pitlick
4th line
Janmark - Hintz - Ritchie

I really like Janmark, had chemistry with Spezza but him with Hintz and Ritchie looks interesting.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
2nd line
Shore - Spezza - Nichushkin
3rd line
Comeau - Faksa - Pitlick
4th line
Janmark - Hintz - Ritchie

I really like Janmark, had chemistry with Spezza but him with Hintz and Ritchie looks interesting.
Stars don’t seem to have a solid 2nd line so the more I think about it the more it becomes a Rubix Cube.

That’s where Montgomery comes in.

Last edited:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Wondering if a forward not named Benn , Seguin or Radulov can score 50 or even 40 points this year and who it would be.

Spezza i think gets ~40 ish points again but after that ? Nichuskin ? Shore ? Janmark ? Faksa ? .

One of those guy has to step up and become a reliable secondy scorer.

In general the team needs someone to do what Patrick Sharp of 2015-16 did for us.

Last edited:

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
Wondering if a forward not named Benn , Seguin or Radulov can score 50 or even 40 points this year and who it would be.

Spezza i think gets ~40 ish points again but after that ? Nichuskin ? Shore ? Janmark ? Faksa ? .

In general the team needs someone to do what Patrick Sharp of 2015-16 did for us.

Unfortunately we don’t have the players for that to happen. If we want another sharp then we have to trade for one.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

One of those four certainly could, I don't think that would be too crazy.

The issue is I don't think they would really be creating that offense on their own. That's really what we need, is someone who can create offensively. Hence the desire for Duchene.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I mean it doesn't have to be a Center necessarily . A playmaking winger would do the trick too. It doesn't have to be a complete stud like Panarin who probably would just be a rental. I would be happy with someone who can drive play on a line and get ~40 points like Hemsky did a couple of years back . Only someone more durable please.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX

Good call.

Last edited:

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
I know I’ve said this before; 11 starting frwds and 7 dmen. Could Honka be plugged in to play basically a 7th D/FWD wing position?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I know I’ve said this before; 11 starting frwds and 7 dmen. Could Honka be plugged in to play basically a 7th D/FWD wing position?

Remember the glory days when Patrick Nemeth was dressed as a forward for some reason ?

mp,220x200,matte,ffffff,t-pad,220x200,ffffff.3u6.jpg

Lets not do those wierd things again.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Rangers’ fans seem keen to the idea of Dickinson + Tufte + protected 1st for Zucc anytime this season... I like the idea.

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
Rangers’ fans seem keen to the idea of Dickinson + Tufte + protected 1st for Zucc anytime this season... I like the idea.
I’m not that big of a zucc fan, not really sure what his role on the team would be.

I rather spend the assets on a center for the second lind

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I’m not that big of a zucc fan, not really sure what his role on the team would be.

I rather spend the assets on a center for the second lind

Do you have a particular name in mind? Duchene is the obvious choice, but he'll cost a fair bit more than that.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I'd also rather trade for Duchene. Who knows how Spezza will hold up all season as our 2c. Either way, we need a replacement or an insurance for 2c moving forward. Duchene could also play RW for the time being

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
I'd also rather trade for Duchene. Who knows how Spezza will hold up all season as our 2c. Either way, we need a replacement or an insurance for 2c moving forward. Duchene could also play RW for the time being
Duchene would be great if Dallas can pull off a trade. I don't think Ottawa can afford to sign both Stone and Duchene so they might get rid of him for some defensive help.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Nichushkin likely in the lineup tomorrow on the 4th line. Not a fan of this I really haven't liked our 2nd line with Comeau there

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Nah he won’t. Karlsson set his price. Dorion has nothing for leverage.

He'd definitely ask for a 1st rounder, even if doesn't have much leverage, and get it too. I,for one, won't mind giving up the 1st rounder. Not like we're picking a Heiskanen again.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
He'd definitely ask for a 1st rounder, even if doesn't have much leverage, and get it too. I,for one, won't mind giving up the 1st rounder. Not like we're picking a Heiskanen again.

Yeah I’d say a 1st, Honka, and maybe another decent prospect is the most you’d be looking at. For Duchene that’s a steal. He’d be a 1C playing our 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad