2. Make the play offs
3. Think about who we play in the play offs
4. Fear nobody in the play offs.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Give me Boston.

Buffalo don't scare me nuthin. They're pretty much us except worse at every position except RD. They'll be a headache sooner rather than later but it's not this year.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
I know I'm supposed to talk about the teams currently in the playoff spots , but I can't.

Montreal's not making the playoffs.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Yeah we'll make it but other than Tampa Bay we can't take anyone seriously.

Beating the Bruins in the first round would be a nice story but at this point I just want to win a round.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
If I want a good rivalry type series full of drama and shenanigans (I do), Buffalo or Montreal. So that would sit well with me.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
An easy series against Buffalo would be refreshing from the Washington and Boston first round matchups we had the past couple of years.

Would be fresh to face Tampa in round 2.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
An easy series against Buffalo would be refreshing from the Washington and Boston first round matchups we had the past couple of years.

Would be fresh to face Tampa in round 2.
I dont know man, Buffalo always has our number for some reason, though playoffs are much different

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
While a playoff series against Buffalo would be a change of pace, and not what I would've predicted going into the season, it's still far too early. Standings will change, rosters will change...

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I really wish the league would get back to more back to back games. FRI-SAT night vs the same opponent... especially within the div. You cannot build rivalries on playoff series as it is so rare to play the same team in back to back seasons. I think we should have at least 1 back to back with every team in the div where possible (FLA teams are hard I know).

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
We are giving up an alarming amount of shots.
Babcock said he really doesn't care about the shots against since a lot are from far out the/perimeter and he is concerned about giving up scoring chances, he said the other day again in an interview... the shot thing is a dead issue.

added: all your concerns are often covered in his interviews, you should watch them

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Babcock said he really doesn't care about the shots against since a lot are from far out the/perimeter and he is concerned about giving up scoring chances, he said the other day again in an interview... the shot thing is a dead issue.

added: all your concerns are often covered in his interviews, you should watch them

I think Babcock would be wrong in this case.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Freddy has a 99.14 LDSV% ~ 94.38 MDSV% ~ 79.80 HDSV%... Do you see Babcock's point?

Yes and no. You'll still tire our goalie out and if we're giving up these chances, how many secondary chances come off them (rebounds?). We don't play our back up nearly enough, so by the time playoffs roll around, Andersen is dead.

Unfortunately I can't see Natural Stat trick right now to see how many HDSC were giving up relative to the league. Blocked at work.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Freddy has a 99.14 LDSV% ~ 94.38 MDSV% ~ 79.80 HDSV%... Do you see Babcock's point?
There's justifications and there's valid answers, you appear to have trouble discerning the difference. You'll absolutely tire your goalie out with the workload Freddy is getting.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Yes and no. You'll still tire our goalie out and if we're giving up these chances, how many secondary chances come off them (rebounds?). We don't play our back up nearly enough, so by the time playoffs roll around, Andersen is dead.

Unfortunately, I can't see Natural Stat trick right now to see how many HDSC were giving up relative to the league. Blocked at work.
I don't see Freddy kick out a lot of rebounds back to the other team, do you? I think I heard but could be wrong but once we have our full team playing (Matthews/Willie) that Sparks will get more starts, dunno if that's true cause I just made it up :) I think we are middle of the pack in defensive stats, stuff.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
There's justifications and there's valid answers, you appear to have trouble discerning the difference. You'll absolutely tire your goalie out with the workload Freddy is getting.

Use the backup more, problem solved

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Shots against/60 in the NHL this year (All situations, 500 min minimum, 40 goalies total)
1. Craig Anderson
2. Ward
3. Gibson
4. Howard
5. Domingue

11. Freddy Anderson

High Danger chances against/60 in the NHL this year (All situations, 500 min minimum, 40 goalies total)
1. Ward
2. Murray
3. Gibson
4. Markstrom
5. Holtby

23. Freddy Anderson

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Use the backup more, problem solved
Hellebyuck is the one from last year that really sticks out to me the most. Winnipeg rode the absolute hell out of him. In that Vegas series he was really leaking, letting in goals that - for the most part - he just didn't let in all season. I believe fatigue played a major factor in his bad series.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

I don't see Freddy kick out a lot of rebounds back to the other team, do you? I think I heard but could be wrong but once we have our full team playing Matthews/Willie that Sparks will get more starts, dunno if that's true cause I just made it up :) I think we are middle of the pack in defensive stats, stuff.

We'll see, Babcock could look like an idiot come playoff time with this type of strategy.

I don't think he's won a playoff round since Lidstrom retired.

We could use some help at LW, RD and grit but basically giving up shots in general is a bad idea. Just don't give up the shot. Teams generate secondary offense, they can tip the shot, goes off a body in front etc. **** happens, how many time in the playoffs does the puck go off like 1-3 bodies in front, puck lands at the side of the net and is tucked in? Series over.

We need to dictate play better.

Matthews+Nylander could help, I want to see where things go from there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad