OT: ♫ The Music Thread ♫

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Primus is doing A Farewell To Kings by Rush in its entirety with Battles (the indie funky math rock experimental band of former Helmet and current Tomahawk drummer John Stainer) opening. I didn't get tickets yet because I just spent it on Converge/Meshuggah, which is postponed until the fall due to an injury from one of Meshuggah's guitar players (and Converge no longer on the tour due to scheduling conflicts).

Next album I'm interested in is Fragments by Chill Hop veteran Bonobo. I haven't loved his last two albums so this is in some ways a last chance for him (I loved his 2006 and 2010 releases). Good single.

Yeah i already bought a ticket for the show at the Paramount

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
So I'll make you guys laugh. I've had Spotify for a while but used it for a few podcasts only. I recently started using it for music and don't understand why I bought music since it came out. $10/month, can't beat that.

Reactions: UnSandvich

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
You’re lucky to have experienced being a fan of all these great bands in tempore. I have very rarely been a fan of a band that still existed lol.

Getting old sucks, but having been a teenager in the 90's f***ing ruled. So many amazing bands and shows. It really was a great time. Plus, being from NJ, Maxwell's was our spot. I literally don't know how many shows I saw there.

Kreator

Feb 18, 2017
The lead guitarrist Jari Maenpaa is the ex singer and songwriter from Ensiferum, a true genius. First one here is a live rehersal that will blow your socks off.

My GOD....First one might be the most epic of all!!!! I just discovered Wintersun and Insiferum....both incredible!!!

Reactions: Metroid

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Just bought tix to see Rammstein at the Meadowlands in September. Anyone else planning on being there?

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
If you like rock n roll you should go see Whiskey Myers in Montclair tonight. Resale tickets on Ticketmaster for $35. Wife and I grabbed general admission. My pops saw them Thursday night in Westbury and said it was the best concert he’d been to in 5 years easily, and he goes to about 20+ a year. I saw them in Texas last year and can confirm they’re just good old fashioned rock of the highest order.

Also, if you watch Yellowstone you’ll know half of their songs because they’re 50% of that show’s soundtrack.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad