Post-Game Talk: ★ Young Stars Tournament ☆ Game 2: Calgary 4 - Vancouver 1 FINAL

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
That was a disappointing period. Ortio was really the only bright spot to be honest.

Really sloppy play out of our stars. Monahan seems to care, but Baertschi has looked sluggish, and I'm not seeing anything out of Knight, Granlund or Reinhart.

Wow, Baertschi's girlfriend is really attractive.

Aug 3, 2010
I'd draft Baertschi's girl.
Hell, I need to visit more hospital bays instead of working rural and camps.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Ortio was phenomenal that period. Very athletic but probably needs to work on his rebound control. It didn't help that his teammates were doing a poor job in front of him.

Bartschi is sucking and laughing his way to the penalty box after a lazy tripping call. That's really not good enough. At this point, I'd start Granlund in the NHL and Bartschi in Abby. He needs to be a little more serious.

Jordan Subban was a really solid pick. Very mobile on the backend and looked very dangerous. I wonder where the Flames had him ranked. It would have been nice if we had another mid round selection to draft Subban.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
Also keep your eyes peeled for the hilarious Brendan Gaunce - Jordan Subban interview. I'm like 50 percent sure they're each really high and it's incredibly entertaining.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
At this point, I'd start Granlund in the NHL and Bartschi in Abby. He needs to be a little more serious.

I'm not sure I'd make that kind of decision based on one period of a pretty meaningless pospect game.

I'd certainly would look at the larger body of work that each has contributed to date.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Bartschi is sucking and laughing his way to the penalty box after a lazy tripping call. That's really not good enough. At this point, I'd start Granlund in the NHL and Bartschi in Abby. He needs to be a little more serious.

Hopefully Ward talks to him in the dressing room. BUt in no way should Baertschi start in the aHL. That'll really piss him off for slacking off in an exhibition game.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'd draft Baertschi's girl.
Hell, I need to visit more hospital bays instead of working rural and camps.
well in 2013 we have 3 picks, the 3rd could be Big Ern's wifey, she is something else lol

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Ortio was phenomenal that period. Very athletic but probably needs to work on his rebound control. It didn't help that his teammates were doing a poor job in front of him.

Jordan Subban was a really solid pick. Very mobile on the backend and looked very dangerous. I wonder where the Flames had him ranked. It would have been nice if we had another mid round selection to draft Subban.

I'm not sure what you guys are expecting from Sven, there's no way he goes full tilt in basically a glorified scrimmage. It's the same as Brodie the other year, he was terrible, lazy and a non factor, everyone was blasting him, than he blew the doors off the main camp. I guarentee Sven does the same, no point hurting yourself trying to prove something in a prospect tourny.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
I'm not saying Bartschi is going to start in the 'A' after this tourney and preseason are finished, I'm just saying if the season started tomorrow he wouldn't be in the lineup (or wouldn't deserve to anyway). I'm sure he'll be better when pre season rolls around, but it's still frustrating to see.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
I'm not sure what you guys are expecting from Sven, there's no way he goes full tilt in basically a glorified scrimmage. It's the same as Brodie the other year, he was terrible, lazy and a non factor, everyone was blasting him, than he blew the doors off the main camp. I guarentee Sven does the same, no point hurting yourself trying to prove something in a prospect tourny.

There's a difference between not wanting to risk hurting or overexerting yourself and making lazy, sloppy plays that could cost your team a game. No matter how big or small the match is, you want some kind of killer instinct out of your stars. Baertschi's not showing it.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
There's a difference between not wanting to risk hurting or overexerting yourself and making lazy, sloppy plays that could cost your team a game. No matter how big or small the match is, you want some kind of killer instinct out of your stars. Baertschi's not showing it.

Brodie was the exact same, I'm satisfied with how that turned out, as a matter of fact, none of the coaches seemed to care either, I'm not worried. Mark my words, this kids a hard worker, come main camp he'll be flying.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
I can't help but to laugh at the overreactions.
Sven had what four or five shifts that entire period?

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I can't help but to laugh at the overreactions.
Sven had what four or five shifts that entire period?

I think it's just the fact that its the first time we've seen flames hockey in so long.. A lot of fans really over critique this tournament.. It's exhibition, basically scrimmage.. I just sit back and enjoy

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
Flames need to exert some effort. That first period was like watching the real Flames leaning on Kipper all over again.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00