Post-Game Talk: ★ Young Stars Tournament ☆ Game 2: Calgary 4 - Vancouver 1 FINAL

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
It happens with all prospects. People seem to think they can magically transition into the big leagues no problem. Only a handful of prospects can do that.

Like Brayden Schenn I'd give Mikael a couple of years, he'll really stand out for Minn.

As for Markus I agree he's not as far behind his brother as he once was, I hope he can transition into wing as well.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
What time do the Flames play the Sharks? I don't want to be up at 1:00am watching an exhibition game :laugh:

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
From what I've heard and read, Ferland was a legitimate feared fighter in the dub, no one wanted to go with this this kid, hopefully he can turn some heads in Abby this year!

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
The Flames have not had someone with Ferland's intangibles since Chris Simon. I really hope he does well this year for the Heat. I love that kids game.

I also think Granlund has been exceptional. You gotta think he has a legitimate shot at making the team or at least getting some games this year. He's a very smart and dangerous player.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
The Flames have not had someone with Ferland's intangibles since Chris Simon. I really hope he does well this year for the Heat. I love that kids game.

I also think Granlund has been exceptional. You gotta think he has a legitimate shot at making the team or at least getting some games this year. He's a very smart and dangerous player.

One way or another, isn't it exciting to actually have some of our own kids in Abbotsford with decent upside?
Granlund has played lights out in this tourny, he has however, played against men with decent results the past couple seasons. I truly want to see how he does in the A. I always liked the Ferland pick. I think he has all the tools to be an NHL player. I really want him to have a monster season this year in Abbotsford.
One way or another, it'll be sweet to have some top 6 forwards and top two defensive prospects Calgary actually drafted playing for our farm team... Rather than washed up 28+ career AHLers.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Absolutely! Wait...the Flames have a legitimate farm team, with their own home grown talent?

The transformation and actually having a farm that is not considered a joke is very exciting. Maybe last season was the first real year I thought we had 'our' own farm team. This season were going to have some real talent on it. When you couple that with the fact our coaches down there have made a real commitment to properly develop our players and we actually have a great mix of guys down there, I'm just as excited about the Heat as I am for the Flames. I can't wait to see how our guys develop and fair.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad